Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you will get this on PS4 instead of PC or both?

khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

By the time EQ Next is released, PS4 will be out. This game is going to also be on PS4. (ok not offcially announced, but it will be on there). PLanetside 2 is on PS4, elder scrolls online is on it, FXIV is on it, etc. EQ = sony = on PS4.

Want proof? http://www.projectnorrath.com/everquest-next-on-the-ps4/  Look at that smile, that is pretty much a yes, but they can't announce it yet.

So, will you be able to play this game on your current PC? If so, will you only play on PC?

Will you have to invest in a $1,000+ PC to play it with no problems? Or upgrade your GPU for $400?

Will you spend the $400 and just get the PS4 and then be able to play FFXIV, EQ Next , ELder scrolsl online on there?

Will you play on both so you can enjoy it on your PC but then when you want to relax, also be able to play on couch/bed with PS4?

http://www.tentonhammer.com/planetside2/news/john-smedley-on-playstation-4-planetside-2-and-everquest-next  Also has Smedley talking about the PS4 version. They just don't outright say major stuff about the PS4 version yet. I'm sure they will at the SOE live event and in the near future.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Nope it hasn't been confirmed to be coming to the PS4, where did you read that? I don't need to invest in a PC and i'll be buying a PS4 but still play EQN on my PC if it does come to the ps4.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I wouldn't buy a console just for multiplatform games.  By the time it has enough exclusives to be worth purchasing I'll probably be bored of EQN anyways.

Also, this isn't confirmed for PS4.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Nope it hasn't been confirmed to be coming to the PS4, where did you read that?

Agreed, it was speculated on that it might head to the PS4, seems ppl are taking things a little too far lately with turning speculation into fact.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Seeming as most of the current crows are mainly PC users in this forum, I will guess the outcome as PC.

If it does eventually get announced officially by SoE that EQN will head to the PS4 then yes I will only buy it for the console.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Elder scrolls online and FFXIV are on PS4 and EQ Next will be as well(its a sony game lol). PLanetside 2 and DC UNiverse online also already confirmed.

Almsot every major MMO will be on one of the new consoles as they are very powerful and easy to port to.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by AwDiddums
    Nope it hasn't been confirmed to be coming to the PS4, where did you read that?

Agreed, it was speculated on that it might head to the PS4, seems ppl are taking things a little too far lately with turning speculation into fact.

Exactly.  This thread is a direct result of what happens when speculation gets twisted into fact.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    FFXIV arr is about to set the bar for what is acceptable for a console + pc mmo interms of controls and user interface. If they take proper note, it wont matter which you get it on.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by khameleon

Elder scrolls online and FFXIV are on PS4 and EQ Next will be as well(its a sony game lol). PLanetside 2 and DC UNiverse online also already confirmed.

Almsot every major MMO will be on one of the new consoles as they are very powerful and easy to port to.

That's an opinion not a confirmation, link the source please.

http://www.projectnorrath.com/everquest-next-on-the-ps4/ look at the smile, he is saying yes, but not saying yes outright because they didn't want it announced yet.

It will be announced soon.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

http://www.projectnorrath.com/everquest-next-on-the-ps4/ look at the smile, he is saying yes, but not saying yes outright because they didn't want it announced yet.

Again, can you link the confirmation source please?

However the point stands, SoE did not add EQNext to that list of announced games coming to the PS4, as much as I would like it to be I'm not going to create a post and give ppl misinformation because of my own desires.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/planetside2/news/john-smedley-on-playstation-4-planetside-2-and-everquest-next is more news on it. 

If you want them to say a release date and all the PS4 details, that hasn't happened yet. But I am sure that at SOE live they will say this game will be on the PS4.

EQ was on consoles way back on PS2. Sony wants their games on consoles as well as PC, more money!  This new console is more powerful than most people's PC, so I am 100% sure this game will be out on PS4, theres no reason for it not to happen.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

This is the problem with interpreting partial information, and non-information, when there is a complete lack of concrete facts.  People like the OP cling to Smed's innuendo's and teasers, and fail to realise that he is playing you like a fiddle. 

http://www.tentonhammer.com/planetside2/news/john-smedley-on-playstation-4-planetside-2-and-everquest-next is more news on it. 

If you want them to say a release date and all the PS4 details, that hasn't happened yet. But I am sure that at SOE live they will say this game will be on the PS4.

EQ was on consoles way back on PS2. Sony wants their games on consoles as well as PC, more money!  This new console is more powerful than most people's PC, so I am 100% sure this game will be out on PS4, theres no reason for it not to happen.

I'll ask one more time, can you link the source of a dev confirming that EQN is going to be coming to the PS4. If you can't actually find a source with a devs saying this then it's not a confirmation it's speculation on your part.

Next you'll tell us all that Perma-Death is in, remember how that one went after a tweet from Smedley. Don't take everything Smedley alludes to in his tweets as being a done deal, it hasn't been confirmed by SoE, wait until August for anything concrete.

I'd love for EQN to be on the PS4, can throw this old rig out then and get out of the never ending upgrade cycle, at least when I buy a console it's still not going to cost as much as a top end graphics card, of which I normally have 2 of.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I'll ask one more time, can you link the source of a dev confirming that EQN is going to be coming to the PS4. If you can't actually find a source with a devs saying this then it's not a confirmation it's speculation on your part.

youll get your confirmation at the SoE event in a few months

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

He clearly said in the OP that it wasn't officially announced that EQN would be on the PS4. It's right in front of your face. Quit being such a douche. This thread was intended to speculate and ask who would get it on the PC/PS4/both if its available on both platforms.

Originally posted by tkreep

youll get your confirmation at the SoE event in a few months

I'm not asking when or if there will be a confirmation, i'm asking for the confirmation that the OP has heard or read.

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

To everyone having doubts whether or not EQN will be released on PS4, let's take this into some serious consideration.

PlanetSide 2, a game that runs on the exact same engine as EverQuest Next, has already been confirmed for PlayStation 4 - and will be released alongside the console's launch. Not only is it likely that EverQuest Next will be released on the console, but it'd be a little silly for SOE NOT to release it for PS4. With an already compatible engine and a huge potential player-base from the console side, SOE has a great opportunity to recruit A LOT of players.

This coupled with the teasing we've been getting from Smedley basically confirms that we will be getting a PS4 release. It may not be exactly at launch, but I'm willing to be we will get it eventually.

And to all the pessimists thinking that a console release is akin to some sort armageddon, you have to realize that development toward the PS4 is actually very good for PC users in the long run. The developers will be focusing on optimizing the multi-core CPU support for the PS4 which will translate to much better performance on the PC for users who have PC's with multi-core CPU's. A PS4 release is a GOOD thing for us PC users.

Originally posted by Aceshighhhh

To everyone having doubts whether or not EQN will be released on PS4, let's take this into some serious consideration.

PlanetSide 2, a game that runs on the exact same engine as EverQuest Next, has already been confirmed for PlayStation 4 - and will be released alongside the console's launch. Not only is it likely that EverQuest Next will be released on the console, but it'd be a little silly for SOE NOT to release it for PS4. With an already compatible engine and a huge potential player-base from the console side, SOE has a great opportunity to recruit A LOT of players.

This coupled with the teasing we've been getting from Smedley basically confirms that we will be getting a PS4 release. It may not be exactly at launch, but I'm willing to be we will get it eventually.

And to all the pessimists thinking that a console release is akin to some sort armageddon, you have to realize that development toward the PS4 is actually very good for PC users in the long run. The developers will be focusing on optimizing the multi-core CPU support for the PS4 which will translate to much better performance on the PC for users who have PC's with multi-core CPU's. A PS4 release is a GOOD thing for us PC users.

That's all well and good but as of now EQN has not been confirmed for the PS4 like the OP has said on two occasion in this thread.

Perhaps you can help him out and link the confirmation source.

Oh, and i have no problem if it does come out on the PS4, i'll get the console but still play the game on my bad boy system.

Point is that it hasn't been confirmed, right?

• AceshighhhhAceshighhhh Member Posts: 185

That's all well and good but as of now EQN has not been confirmed for the PS4 like the OP has said on two occasion in this thread.

Oh, and i have no problem if it does come out on the PS4, i'll get the console but still play the game on my bad boy system.

I never said it was confirmed. My point is that given the information that we already know, we can infer that a PS4 release is very likely and beyond just speculation.

Originally posted by Plaidpants

He clearly said in the OP that it wasn't officially announced that EQN would be on the PS4. It's right in front of your face. Quit being such a douche. This thread was intended to speculate and ask who would get it on the PC/PS4/both if its available on both platforms.

Ah the beauty of editing your post after the fact.

I never said it was confirmed. My point is that given the information that we already know, we can infer that a PS4 release is very likely and beyond just speculation.

Nope it's just speculation up to this point and unlike what the OP claims it hasn't been confirmed. 

Anything we are discussing is irrelevant.

Yes we can, but seeing as the OP has now edited his original "FACT" to reflect the truth we can now all speculate to our hearts content, what ppl don't want is the truth being misrepresented, wether it's infered or not there is no confirmation, until Aug we are all in the dark.

I have no issue with EQN heading to the PS4 and I really hope it does get confirmed, but until I see something from SoE telling me it is I'l just have to sit patiently and wait.