Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Play Videos, where are they?

keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
Are they restricting game play videos at E3? so far I've seen almost nothing of interest and was really hoping to see some recordings...especially at an event like this.

There Is Always Hope!

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by keithian
    Are they restricting game play videos at E3? so far I've seen almost nothing of interest and was really hoping to see some recordings...especially at an event like this.

Yeah I wondered about that too. Secrecy always gives me a bad feeling...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Elikal

Yeah I wondered about that too. Secrecy always gives me a bad feeling...

Secrecy that is a very old tactics.  Pretty effective actually just ask Ford http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157

aren't people beta testing this game? wondering if the testing is for real, no leaks lol

edit: there was one vid leaked, but that one doesn't count

gameplay > graphics

• FlyinshoeFlyinshoe Member Posts: 2
    EULA! They're probably keeping content release on lock down during the early beta stages.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

The game is still in very early beta stages. The only reason a developer would have to not show content is because they do not want to show anything that may not actually be in the final product.

Example, lets say they decide to try something in the beta and they want to get feedback on the idea from beta testers. A video gets leaked that contains that idea and people freak out about it even though it was only a test to begin with. It would cause a lot of issue in the community and give more players reason to point hate. 

Most game developers only show content they are willing to show and deem finished. Why would they show unfinished content that could change later on? It would give everyone false impressions.

I agree with the stance they are taking on this, it only makes sense. Course I am a game developer, so that is to be expected I guess.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

The game is still in very early beta stages. The only reason a developer would have to not show content is because they do not want to show anything that may not actually be in the final product.

Example, lets say they decide to try something in the beta and they want to get feedback on the idea from beta testers. A video gets leaked that contains that idea and people freak out about it even though it was only a test to begin with. It would cause a lot of issue in the community and give more players reason to point hate. 

Most game developers only show content they are willing to show and deem finished. Why would they show unfinished content that could change later on? It would give everyone false impressions.

I agree with the stance they are taking on this, it only makes sense. Course I am a game developer, so that is to be expected I guess.

Then thye should never offer a playable demo at an open convention.  Some of us live thousands of miles from those places.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Then thye should never offer a playable demo at an open convention.  Some of us live thousands of miles from those places.

Ya, I know, I get what you mean. While it makes sense to keep videos to a minimum, I certainly do not understand why they don't want to show footage that is seen at the convention. Maybe they want to keep most of it strictly to the convention? Who knows. Either way, the fact they pushed the game back to spring 2014, tells me  they are far from finished. They extended the time it would take an entire year. XD That is a lot. It kinda reminds me of Half-Life 2 all over again.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Actually someone actually leaked some game play footage from around April which is about a year from release and I won't go any further to say it has been taken down from every site that hosted it.

I am going to keep most of this hush hush at this point though I believe alot of people viewed it. Basically if your cool with Skyrim Graphics then you will be cool with what I viewed and that was one year from projected release.

Word to the developers of Elder Scrolls Online; Once a leak like this goes live you have to perform damage control and your going to have to provide game play videos of some sort or another from here on out and step up development and really start fixing all the bugs and really bring it from this point forth.

You have Bathesda and the Elder Scrolls lineage and you are releasing it on multiple platforms and you have some great ideas for what you envision for this game.

Its high time to start hyping the game up for all its worth as this has worked very successfully by many companies, especially those from the land of the rising sun....I bow to your hype machina and the successes therein.

Simply said you have a good foundation to build upon; why don't you bank on its previous successes with a well marketed, well developed product.

Everyone says they want graphics most of all much moreso then gameplay. That is a bunch of bullchocky and I would take awesome gameplay over awesome graphics anyday if I had to choose one I would surely choose the gameplay mechanics and so would many.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Kuanshu

Actually someone actually leaked some game play footage from around April which is about a year from release and I won't go any further to say it has been taken down from every site that hosted it.

I am going to keep most of this hush hush at this point though I believe alot of people viewed it. Basically if your cool with Skyrim Graphics then you will be cool with what I viewed and that was one year from projected release.

Word to the developers of Elder Scrolls Online; Once a leak like this goes live you have to perform damage control and your going to have to provide game play videos of some sort or another from here on out and step up development and really start fixing all the bugs and really bring it from this point forth.

You have Bathesda and the Elder Scrolls lineage and you are releasing it on multiple platforms and you have some great ideas for what you envision for this game.

Its high time to start hyping the game up for all its worth as this has worked very successfully by many companies, especially those from the land of the rising sun....I bow to your hype machina and the successes therein.

Simply said you have a good foundation to build upon; why don't you bank on its previous successes with a well marketed, well developed product.

Everyone says they want graphics most of all much moreso then gameplay. That is a bunch of bullchocky and I would take awesome gameplay over awesome graphics anyday if I had to choose one I would surely choose the gameplay mechanics and so would many.

This is old news. The April video was not at all representative of any current build and from leaked beta Q&As I read since then, it was purposely put out to smear the game. It was obvious how much had changed since then from a video interview that showed someone playing in the background as well as from the feedback out of E3. I agree though they need to stop this crap and stop hiding everything. I disagree about the graphics versus gameplay. It's 2013, I demand both. If people are still hanging on to antiquated pcs then they need to get a job and upgrade.

There Is Always Hope!

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Kuanshu

This is old news. The April video was not at all representative of any current build and from leaked beta Q&As I read since then, it was purposely put out to smear the game. It was obvious how much had changed since then from a video interview that showed someone playing in the background as well as from the feedback out of E3. I agree though they need to stop this crap and stop hiding everything. I disagree about the graphics versus gameplay. It's 2013, I demand both. If people are still hanging on to antiquated pcs then they need to get a job and upgrade.

Yet it had its effect and impact upon the fan base as does most smear campaigns and consider this is much more then hearsay its actual ingame footage from an alpha stage of the game. Most experienced players and developers know that you can tweak graphics and you can tweak gameplay to a point, yet the engine and much of the core programming and gameplay cannot be changed unless you push back the release date as has been done and its basically up to we shall see. In an age of so much technology and so much distraction and preoccupation as things get more invasive and more intrusive and misinformation and disinformation is commonplace people just accept much of this for actual and factual and move on from there. This could be remedied if more videos were shown of actual updated gameplay and actual information being released daily so one doesn't have to fill in the blanks and miss out because they chose to follow a few different MMORPGs in development that sees the truth of the times we live in.

Also, consider the specifications of PS4 and Xbox One as well as how quickly new hardware is upgrading for PCs and how good the graphics were in Skyrim on Xbox360; Imagine how good it could be on the next gen consoles and you will have your answer concerning graphics. Gameplay has be the one area that has been so highly overlooked by MMORPGs as they have evolved since the late 90s. It isn't the same gaming environment where Everquest or World of Warcraft was released in. There are alot of different and exciting MMORPGs in development so a particular player can pick and choose accordingly. Until computers can think and AI is on par with typical human behavior developers should focus on Player vs Player content and make it as dynamic as possible and bring back the community in MMORPGs that has been lacking for so long. This would surely involve a more player driven dynamic world and gameplay with alliances involved in a constant struggle for supremecy alongside diplomacy and ingame politics involving NPCs and MOBs.

Elder Scrolls can step ahead of the rest with all the lore and lineage it draws from successful RPGs of the past since the 90s. Keep the information and footage rolling along so the loyal fanbase can foster and grow accordingly.