Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So let me get this straight, some of you want...

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

a sandbox where you can build and decorate your houses/castles without fear of pvp.

Smed says everything can be destroyed. 

Do you want me to ask for your consent to destroy you house/castle?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

what do you care what we want? you'll have your pvp server .. what do you care if we are on a pve server?

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by bcbully

a sandbox where you can build and decorate your houses/castles without fear of pvp.

In an Everquest game? Yes ... I want to give consent.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

yes, sorry but if put in the time and effort, into building up my house or whatever i don't want someone to come along and destroy it on a whim.

developers always say stuff they can't back up, would you like me to quote things the developers of Guild Wars 2, Rift, Everquest 2 said that are completely nonsense?

why do you think you should be able to destroy anything another player builds? who are  you? why are you so special that your fun is more important than another players

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

They could use something like EVE system where structures go into a damaged status for so many hours and could repaired partially before another siege was attempted.

Maybe more prestiges places come with guards of course and some type of preliminary warning system. That allows for QRF type actions..

IDK.. it's on them SoE..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

haha you rock mate I wanna be in a guild with you on EQ Next :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

No, I want the Police/Military to protect me if you attempt to wantonly destroy my property and bring you to justice for your criminal behaviors while I reside inside the borders of my home town/country.

And no, I don't intend to do the policing and fighting, others will do it for me unless I choose to sign up/enlist in the battle.

i.e. see real life for a great example of a sandbox style experience, it even comes with theme parks

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36
    there is alot to fear in life, dieing in a video game is not one of them....but yes PvP in MMOs have always been crap, atleast the games Ive played....except afew that only had PvP and could as well not have the MMO tag to begin with
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Kyleran

No, I want the Police/Military to protect me if you attempt to wantonly destroy my property and bring you to justice for your criminal behaviors while I reside inside the borders of my home town/country.

And no, I don't intend to do the policing and fighting, others will do it for me unless I choose to sign up/enlist in the battle.

Sounds like you need to be taxed for the services.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Individual people want what they want and that is no problem for me or other people who are not into controlling other people. Of course it is only a problem for bullies who can't stand not controlling or dictating to other people what they should want, should have, are allow to have, etc.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

yes, please.. and a date and time as to when you will be doing it, a reasonable estimate of the force you will bring and uh, anything else I can use to my advantage... that should do - thanks for asking.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• St_konkerSt_konker Member UncommonPosts: 27

What someone wants something that you dont? How absurd!

Originally posted by Ecoces

yes, sorry but if put in the time and effort, into building up my house or whatever i don't want someone to come along and destroy it on a whim.

developers always say stuff they can't back up, would you like me to quote things the developers of Guild Wars 2, Rift, Everquest 2 said that are completely nonsense?

why do you think you should be able to destroy anything another player builds? who are  you? why are you so special that your fun is more important than another players

same could be asked of you, fair is fair.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Thank God!!!I was just thinking to myself what we are lacking is another thread using a vague Smedley statement that could mean a lot of things to justify the OP's wants being more important than other peoples and what factually might be in EQN.

All is right once more.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by ElderRat

yes, please.. and a date and time as to when you will be doing it, a reasonable estimate of the force you will bring and uh, anything else I can use to my advantage... that should do - thanks for asking.

+1

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

"So we’re changing it, and the way we’re doing that is making the world a part of the game. Right now worlds are Hollywood facades, just a place you go to kill the thing. It’s pretty, it helps the mood and the story but it doesn’t take part in the story in a meaningful way and that’s what we’re changing.

You’ll be able to destroy, massive, massive parts of this world, almost all of it. You can light the forest on fire; we have ambition with this thing. We want it to be something where the world you log into, might not be the world you log into in five days. What you saw in WoW’s Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major."

Take that for what you will.  Not sure what "almost all of it" means but I took it to mean the terrain.  Where PvP is actually happening I'm sure there will be structure destruction.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by colddog04

There's already MMO's that have employed taxation mechanics, EVE being one of them, (and the best example of really functional system in a PVP game) but even there you don't get much for money, and certainly not the level of protection you expect for what you pay for.  (sort of like real life there too I suppose)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by ElderRat
    Originally posted by Ecoces

same could be asked of you, fair is fair.

thats why i support consensual PVP or Pure PVP servers, you can play your way and i can play my way. see unlike you PVPers who want it your way or the highway I know that PVPers are out there and they should have fun too. you would never hear me argue against Open PVP servers.

but i bet if i posted I want Consensual PVP servers i would have many many Pure PVPers flaming me.

so no i don't think my fun is more important than a PVPers.

Originally posted by Aelious

"So we’re changing it, and the way we’re doing that is making the world a part of the game. Right now worlds are Hollywood facades, just a place you go to kill the thing. It’s pretty, it helps the mood and the story but it doesn’t take part in the story in a meaningful way and that’s what we’re changing.

You’ll be able to destroy, massive, massive parts of this world, almost all of it. You can light the forest on fire; we have ambition with this thing. We want it to be something where the world you log into, might not be the world you log into in five days. What you saw in WoW’s Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major."

Take that for what you will.  Not sure what "almost all of it" means but I took it to mean the terrain.  Where PvP is actually happening I'm sure there will be structure destruction.

"What you saw in WoW’s Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major."

Aaaaas long as other people consent right... dont want to hurt any video game people...

Originally posted by colddog04

There's already MMO's that have employed taxation mechanics, EVE being one of them, (and the best example of really functional system in a PVP game) but even there you don't get much for money, and certainly not the level of protection you expect for what you pay for.  (sort of like real life there too I suppose)

yea if I lived in the EVE universe I would complain about Concord's ability to protect us.  Usually more of a vengeance will be wreaked on the bad guy who killed the poor pilot who was killed.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

So let me get this straight, some of you want...

To wait to get concrete info

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

nice quotes you notice he doesn't mention player structures. i think he is talking terrain, now again we will see how this translates into game. I remember Anet spent months talking about their "living world" where the game would change depending on what the players do or don't do.

which is completely nonsense.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

"What you saw in WoW’s Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major."

Aaaaas long as other people consent right... dont want to hurt any video game people...

You're being inflammatory just for the sake of it Bc, that's a dangerous ledge to walk on.

There's not much specificity in the quote, it very well could indeed mean player made structures can and will be destroyed in PvP. On the flip side it very well could mean that major changes as suggested could be contained within pve boundaries.

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

And another "smedley said" thread.

I'm making a PVE rabbit hole and going to bed.

Originally posted by Waterlily

And another "smedley said" thread.

I'm making a PVE rabbit hole and going to bed.

I'm going to stop you by destroying your hole!

Do you mind?

Originally posted by Redemp

You're being inflammatory just for the sake of it Bc, that's a dangerous ledge to walk on.

There's not much specificity in the quote, it very well could indeed mean player made structures can and will be destroyed in PvP. On the flip side it very well could mean that major changes as suggested could be contained within pve boundaries.

That almost sounds like a threat.

Let's be real here. Is what they are asking for even reasonable?