Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you wanna play Planetside 2?

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Well then prepare for lots of this

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/cant-launch-the-game.136320/

After EVERY PATCH there are tons of bugs, crashes, poor performance hits, lag, did I say bugs and yes new Hackers with their latest hax.

And now we have the latest issue.. Players get booted and can't even log in.  Going on a couple of hours now and all we get from SOE is a response on FACEBOOK (???!!!) saying they are aware of the issue... WTF...Facebook and not the offical forums?...

People will always say "take this time to go get some sun"..

My response to that is, with the amount issues this game always has, their player base is probably sunburned.

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I quit the game due to aim-bots, SMG snipers are not very fun. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Other than being prettier than PS1, this game doesn't hold a candle to it sadly.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Wow, the login servers went down not even an hour ago, Higby posted they were looking into it right away. I am sure other games never have issues like this right? I rarely have performance issues after patches. Not sure why you dislike this game so much but whatever your reason why try and ruin it for other that might actually enjoy the game? Aimbotters and cheaters are rare these days as well.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I don't ignore it but I play a ton so when i actually run into someone aimbotting i can pick them out versus someone that is just really good which was probably the case.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Nekky_Fate
    Wow, the login servers went down not even an hour ago, Higby posted they were looking into it right away. I am sure other games never have issues like this right? I rarely have performance issues after patches. Not sure why you dislike this game so much but whatever your reason why try and ruin it for other that might actually enjoy the game? Aimbotters and cheaters are rare these days as well.

SOE fanboy may I direct you the the Tech forums that are flooded with people after each patch.

May I also direct you to a hotfix or 3 that they always have to toss out there after each patch...

I won't even get into the balance issue *Cough* hax max instagib for 5 months, HE SPAM for months, LOLPOD SPAM for months, and then cream on the pie, THE ZOE!.... 

Nor will I talk about how this game is quickly turning into P2W.  With the recent resource nerf it's hard and nearly impossible to try to compete with people that have boost (that they paid for)  You will quickly find your self running out of resources to do simple stuff like HEAL yourself with kits..  And this is coming from a guy that has boost and has a 4 k/d hr ratio before the stupid death nerf...  God forbid you want to actually load up on AT/AV mines or get in a max suit... You pretty much will be broke and ineffective since the TTK is COD ish Bullshit.

Yeah the game is perfect though.  I call it like I see it.. And PS2 is pretty much a buggy mess mess most of the time to go along with being a balance nighmare.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

man...9 posts pops this up on the trending games...

anyway...this was always one of those games where when you are new or bad everyone is hacking, once you get the game and get decent hackers become much more rare.

I played the game heavily when hacking started to get crazy as people said.  only a handful of players were actually cheating. I remember being with a few players convinced a guy was a hacker until I showed them exactly where he was standing, where he was hiding, and the line of sight he had from his hiding spot.  They were convinced the guy was a hacker until they started to do what he did, and im sure the enemy new player thought they were now the hackers. 

Just how games like this work.  Don't get me wrong there are hackers...just its a type of game where calling hacks is easy to do.

I do remember one time 15 galaxies full of our clan was one shot by a guy on the ground...yeah that was a hacker. 

anyway how is the game now? im kinda waiting for the smedlybox to happen before coming back.  game still alive and well?

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by BrownAle

anyway how is the game now? im kinda waiting for the smedlybox to happen before coming back.  game still alive and well?

I just went back to playing a few days ago and it's still hopping.   They have added a few things since the last time I played a few months ago like the lattice system (if you played the first Planetside then you will know what I'm talking about) on one of the planets.  They also now give you certs for free based off of how long the last time you logged, roughly.  Basically I get about 7-12 certs a day from that.  So basically it's a form of rest XP lol?

But yeh, the game is still healthy with lots of intense battles and more and more of the outfits are starting to play more organized.  I still prefer the Planetside 1 cert system over what they have now, but I guess they need to make their money some how.   Still, for me, no other game even comes close to this type of massive world PvP.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SarcasticShitSarcasticShit Member Posts: 6

No, I don't wanna play Planetside 2.... I mean the game was designed with the pure marketing hype of not being pay 2 win. Nothing there supposedly will enhance the characters skill... Yet, after designing a system that is sorta pay 2 win faster, they actually just tried to install pay 2 win features and sneak them by you. WTF?!?!?!

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    Wow, I had actually been contemplating this game for a little while now. I've grown so bored with everything else, that I'm trying a bit of this or that. When it first launched, I heard that it was absolutely amazing, coming from SoE. Looking at these reviews, I'm less likely to even give it a second glance! Thank god for this site. I save so much time.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by SarcasticShit

No, I don't wanna play Planetside 2.... I mean the game was designed with the pure marketing hype of not being pay 2 win. Nothing there supposedly will enhance the characters skill... Yet, after designing a system that is sorta pay 2 win faster, they actually just tried to install pay 2 win features and sneak them by you. WTF?!?!?!

^^ This + bugs and hax.
  • SarcasticShitSarcasticShit Member Posts: 6

hax too, but mostly the ignorant gaming population cried about back-capping. Which was non existant. (Truth was, they never fully cleared out the captured zones and enemies retook flag) To shut these dummies up they ruined the game overnight by taking away access to capture anything but an adjacent hex... Stupidest design change ever, and game went from fun to outright stupid.

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Ladies and gents, mmorpg forums represent ...
    I lold.
    A k/d of 4 and can t refill his infantry items.
    L2p and understand the fucking game.
    Cheaters are pretty much non existent.
    bugs maybe, i never had crashes beside some major issues that everyone had when they fucked something up real badly.
    Fps problems never happened to me since beta day1.
    Get a life if want to play a 2012 game buy a 2012 pc ..
    Sure ps2 is not a perfect game but it is probably the best mmofps out there right now.

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• DrelkagDrelkag Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Meh, PS2 is the best MMOFPS out IMO and pretty fun game - I can throw away an hour or so everyday to it and have a blast the whole time.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

maaaaan you know the game is doing good when after a year this is all someone can say.

If no one is dis'n game play, and they are only complaining about stuff outside the game. The game is a winner.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"