Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have found a home in free to play

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I really do.. F2P B2P, as long as i have access and there is no sub

Currently i jump from game to game.. today i play AOC, tomorrow i play GW2 and yesterday i played SWTOR.  Just playing and roving in the games i feel like. Enjoying stories in SWTOR and TSW,  enjoying PvP in GW2, doing Dungeons and PvE in Tera, enjoying some good D&D atmosphere in DDO, traveling in the footsteps of the Fellowship of the ring, or just an hour of LoL, all very casually but quite enjoyable.

I have come to the conclusion that no game so far can give me all i want from an MMO, so after some getting used to it i came to the conclusion that its best for me to play different games for my gaming needs.

Actually have come to the conclusion that for a subbed game to really become my next game, it needs to suit all my gaming needs. Otherwise the $50 box price and $15 monthly price will keep me from playing it.   Its obvious to me that there is no return possible. Free to play with cash shops is the way to go, espescially since all major games i am interested in currenty are f2p with no box prices and no subs. 

Am i the only one that jumps all over and enjoys the " A different game a day keeps the boredome away" principle. Maybe if there are more we can start a multi game gaming society guild of likeminded people.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Nariusseldon could be your guild leader.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I game skip though the one game I always go back to after a long period of meandering around is EVE-Online, too many good friends there and good opportunities to have fun :).

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    I game skip though the one game I always go back to after a long period of meandering around is EVE-Online, too many good friends there and good opportunities to have fun :).

Why stay away for long periodes, if you have so many good friendse there go and meet them once or twice a week.... Or does EvE still have a sub?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I've found lots of homes in f2p....I just love the freedom of playing what I want when I want without feeling any obligation to play anything or the need to "get my moneys worth"....I've never really understood how people can hate f2p, but I guess to each their own.
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Why stay away for long periodes, if you have so many good friendse there go and meet them once or twice a week.... Or does EvE still have a sub?

Still a sub game, only one I will defend as a P2P game because its entire ecosystem of players is too finely balanced and a influx of new players in the amount a F2P conversion would cause would pretty much kill the game outright.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Nariusseldon could be your guild leader.

LOL.

I'm not so sure about that considering how filled his time is with being the Lord of F2P. That's a heck of a lot responsibility ;)

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Legit thread. F2P has been a good reason to cancel any subscription, the exception is if your balls deep in the WOW community and it's part of your lifestyle and if that's the case, MAY THE GODS HELP YOUR SOUL!

Outrageous cash shop prices usually keep me from buying a single thing in F2P's but you can find games (STO) where you can get virtually everything with grinding. Thus, sub based games need to "step their game up"

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    I've never really understood how people can hate f2p, but I guess to each their own.

Cash shop games feel like sitting by a phone that is constantly ringing with a telemarketter waiting on the other end.

Originally posted by maplestone
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    I've never really understood how people can hate f2p, but I guess to each their own.

Cash shop games feel like sitting by a phone that is constantly ringing with a telemarketter waiting on the other end.

Could be worse....

You: Hello?

EA/Microsoft: Have you found Jesus Cloud?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    All games coming out are made for EVERYONE. As such the quality of gaming has gone down significantly. There is no real reason to pay. I think the OP is going a little overboard in thinking that its okay to jump from one lackluster game to another, but I guess I have standards. Don't get me wrong, I do the same, and I have no hope for a true quality game to come out, but I don't think its a good thing by any means.