Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's that one girl been

tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70
With the blue hair.  I haven't seen her videos around lately.

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

she got canned, once the newness of a girl playing games wore off there was no need for her useless podcasts

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If you mean Pokket, she got canned.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Was gonna make a "Where's Pocket thread last week"

she was a real gammer. Much props to her. At the time I liked her show better than the mmorpg thing with the stupid intro. Plus she went more in depth from a gamers perspective than these other guys do.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

Girls are like MMO's.  Once you've played with a couple all you want to do is go to the forums and bitch about em.

(Ok, that was a JOKE.  Once that could just as easily be directed towards a man so please do not get upset and start calling me names.)

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    The girl at SOE is much much much worse than pokket, she also dyes her hair blue and posts these "blogs" where she is supposed to talk about games but ends up talking about random daily nonsense. Its amazing that someone actually pays her to talk about how she went and made tea or how she likes her bf....pathetic what this industry turned in to.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

she still does her own stuff btw..

http://www.pokket.tv/wp/

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by jesad

Girls are like MMO's.  Once you've played with a couple all you want to do is go to the forums and bitch about em.

(Ok, that was a JOKE.  Once that could just as easily be directed towards a man so please do not get upset and start calling me names.)

Haha, very nice. Anyone that is offended by that is well.....too easily offended

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by Caldrin
    she still does her own stuff btw..http://www.pokket.tv/wp/ 

Good for her!

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by tabindex

She isn't here any more. She was too non PC on a certain topic.  Its too bad, as she was a real gamer, and while some what strange, was rather entertaining.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Wraithone

She isn't here any more. She was too non PC on a certain topic.  Its too bad, as she was a real gamer, and while some what strange, was rather entertaining.

What topic was that?

I agree the SOE chick is unbearable, at least pocket was easy on the eyes despite being...well I dunno seemed to be forced with the whole liking games thing.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    They fired her, but keep that annoying RipperX and his annoying crap... amazing.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Didnt she have blogs and other game related stuff before her stint with mmorpg?

people make it sound like this site was her only gig.Perhaps she was just a temporary guest writer for the site?

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Pokket still streams once in a while, and still does gaming updates. She's sweet.

Killing dragons is my shit

Originally posted by BrownAle

What topic was that?

I agree the SOE chick is unbearable, at least pocket was easy on the eyes despite being...well I dunno seemed to be forced with the whole liking games thing.

This topic.  Certain people go into hysterics over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMDqbUnuO1g

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

If it was a guy being that terrible no one would watch.

If you're going to go online and make an " official" video at least have a basic scrip. At least try and organize your thoughts into something coherent. You can't wing it every time.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I've always found MMORPG's videos to be a little lackluster and low in quality.

Most of the time i don't really think they put out anything worth watching apart from an interview here and there.

Still love the site though, I've been here a while, hehe.

• jonrd463jonrd463 Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by DamonVile

If it was a guy being that terrible no one would watch.

If you're going to go online and make an " official" video at least have a basic scrip. At least try and organize your thoughts into something coherent. You can't wing it every time.

That gun statistics video? She was reading off statistics, which come off as dry in and of themselves. Nothing incoherent about the video at all. Or is it that you don't agree with the subject matter?

"You'll never win an argument with an idiot because he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous

• PokketPokket Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

she got canned, once the newness of a girl playing games wore off there was no need for her useless podcasts

I have a new job. I work within the game industry once again and departed from MMORPG. I still keep in contact with quite a few people at MMORPG and have nothing, but respect for everyone that works here. Make assumptions all you want, but at the end of the day, they aren't true ~.^

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • PokketPokket Member Posts: 80

What topic was that?

Actually, what was on my youtube was not, in any way, apart of MMORPG, besides the occasional Game Face video that would be on both. The opinions of articles on my personal website, twitter, facebook, Google +, streams, or vlog channel were completely my opinions and were treated as such. In no way was I "not PC enough." I adhered to being relatively coherent and as PC as possible (both are relative, but meh). However, there is only so much you can do when it seems people look for ways to be offended by certain topics.

That being said, I hope I can put some of your assumptions aside by finally replying. I've always been a lurker in MMORPG, but every now and again will make a post just because ~.^

P.S. - Luperza (aka: Margaret) at SOE is an amazing gal and definitely a gamer. I've had the opportunity to hang out with her on multiple occasions and have tons of respect for her and what she does as a job.

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    people just hate because they are jealous and ignorant
  • MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Pokket

What topic was that?

Actually, what was on my youtube was not, in any way, apart of MMORPG, besides the occasional Game Face video that would be on both. The opinions of articles on my personal website, twitter, facebook, Google +, streams, or vlog channel were completely my opinions and were treated as such. In no way was I "not PC enough." I adhered to being relatively coherent and as PC as possible (both are relative, but meh). However, there is only so much you can do when it seems people look for ways to be offended by certain topics.

That being said, I hope I can put some of your assumptions aside by finally replying. I've always been a lurker in MMORPG, but every now and again will make a post just because ~.^

P.S. - Luperza (aka: Margaret) at SOE is an amazing gal and definitely a gamer. I've had the opportunity to hang out with her on multiple occasions and have tons of respect for her and what she does as a job.

If you are indeed who you say you are. Good for you!

I enjoyed yer vlogs. Hope you can continue to work in the industry. :)

Any tips for getting in? :P hehehe

Think people are far too obsessed with vagina and games mixing. Its so ridiculous.

Glad to see also you have good manners as most people on the internet...simply don't.

Good luck Pokket!

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    They fired her, but keep that annoying RipperX and his annoying crap... amazing.

^^ I agree with this statement

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by Pokket

What topic was that?

What ever is the case, I wish you the best.  Good luck in what ever you decide to do.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Dauntis

^^ I agree with this statement

That's the guy with the commentary about 1 topic then the video is just a random game?

This discussion has been closed.