Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 2

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Shall we stop with making assumptions about this game till August 2nd.

The only thing i know so far is that the press that was invited to the backdoor presentation of EQnext was very very impressed with what they saw. So be it. Before making any more assumptions and jumping to any conclusions, we need to see what they sae, and that will be on August 2nd 2013 at the SOE fanfaire.

Untill that time, its just rumors...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

I'm down..all of the interesting things people have have to rage or whine about has gotten my attention...ive also been following the game ;) but inflaming a sore that doesn't even need to be there...i'm onboard...because its a fuckin game...go get laid ffs lol

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Agree.
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    I want to see this thread prosper..people need to gain the sense to filter shit...the game will be sandbox, you can respectively (hoping this isn't phased)  impact the world, the game of treadmill for greater purples are done ( i hope)..welcome to a world where the choices you make dictate whether or not you are forced to war, or peace,....or join to defeat a greater evil?...ITS ABOUT CHOICE...whatever way they go if they neglect choice= doom :)
  • plaxidiaplaxidia Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Shall we stop with making assumptions about this game till August 2nd. The only thing i know so far is that the press that was invited to the backdoor presentation of EQnext was very very impressed with what they saw. So be it. Before making any more assumptions and jumping to any conclusions, we need to see what they sae, and that will be on August 2nd 2013 at the SOE fanfaire. Untill that time, its just rumors...

Many many many people on these forums post just to post. Facts or fiction makes no diffrence as long as they see their name in the thread box. Personally I am with you. I cant wait till August 2nd but until that time no one knows squat and needs to chill out. ;)

• H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36
    better to make alot of assumptions now, so you can claim they didnt keep their promises afterwards ;P
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

To put it simply OP, No.

You might as well ask people to not talk about presidential elections until after all the votes are in and tallied.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by H3deon
    better to make alot of assumptions now, so you can claim they didnt keep their promises afterwards ;P

This is a good one, need to remember this..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by evilized

To put it simply OP, No.

You might as well ask people to not talk about presidential elections until after all the votes are in and tallied.

I agree , what fun is there in not discussing what might or might be in the game .

After we know everything we will probably just realise it was just another overhyped SWTOR in sandbox form .

What I really wonder is if they are using the planetside 2 engine , how destructible is the environment really going to be ?

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Hopefully Smedley can keep his yap shut until then. I don't like the drama he creates, if anything turns me off from this game, it's his non-stop inflammatory comments and the people he attracts with it.
  • WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Waterlily
    Hopefully Smedley can keep his yap shut until then. I don't like the drama he creates, if anything turns me off from this game, it's his non-stop inflammatory comments and the people he attracts with it.

I just hope the things he's said will be at least somewhat true and not just "things he's said".

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Speculation is fun... We have just over a month to speculate what little info that has been talked about.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

I love to speculate on what may be so that when the information does come out and some of it matches what I said, I can point out just how brilliant I am.

At guessing! :D

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    This website is full of people that will randomly toss out an assumption because they want everyone to live in the world that they live in. So, no. You will see lil billy posting about " AMG they need to have an auction house !!!1!!eleven!! ". Just to many humans alive ,and on this website, to  coral all of them into your thinking.
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by HighMarshal

I love to speculate on what may be so that when the information does come out and some of it matches what I said, I can point out just how brilliant I am.

At guessing! :D

There was a time when I felt pretty much like this, but after years of being let down and think WTF are these clowns thinking, I've given up on speculating.  I will simply wait until Aug 2nd and see what $OE has for us.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Tell you what, let's close the whole site down.image

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Forums are not meant for discussing things.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Iadien
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Forums are not meant for discussing things.

I guess you missed the obvious lol.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

The only thing i know so far is that the press that was invited to the backdoor presentation of EQnext was very very impressed with what they saw. So be it. Before making any more assumptions and jumping to any conclusions, we need to see what they sae, and that will be on August 2nd 2013 at the SOE fanfaire.

No assumptions or speculations on a MMO forum? Whats this place for? New MMOs are like a puzzle waiting to be figured out and who guesses best wins!!! Now getting best out of shape for wanting X,Y,Z features in a MMO and you dont want it... now there is the real problem. 

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Then lets help everyone with a list of things to do until that time :):

Heard the Rainbow Gathering is going to be in Montana this year...would be quite the experience for at least 2 weeks around early to Mid July

Its hot enough to get a swim pass for the season where you live or even hit up the beach and go out and enjoy some sunshine, work on your body, and view hard bodies of your particular persuasion, heh

Take the time to gather funds and resources to make the trip to Las Vegas Aug 1st and be there in person to experience and witness firsthand what is unveiled about Everquest Next so you can bring us your unbiased version of what all the freakin hype is about :)

Until then we are in the dark and unless we can get any info whatsoever that isn't a teaser these forums are mainly going to be as best guesses possible considering what each of us envision Everquest Next to be.

From what I hearing and seeing its in the latter stages of development without a beta test this game is supposed to release before years end?

Okay O.o

• badbingo10badbingo10 Member Posts: 46
    I'd like to assume everything right now, then on Aug 2nd I can say I told you so.
  • makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    thats just totally wrong, they said that they were: very very very impressed with what they saw!
  • CukshaikCukshaik Member Posts: 6
    All people can do for the time being is assume, pass the time however you can! Bring on the assumptions and debate!
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

probably not.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

nothing wrong with conversing and speculating about it ..

thats part of the fun of a message board.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Just like how all the closed receptions were so very impressed with Neverwitner?  They say that for every game that does this it seems like, if a group starts saying "Ehh... was OKAY but nothing to rant about" then chances are they are gonna get black listed from future closed presentations.  ESO was smart, their closed presentation was "here are the comps with our alpha on it, go play" and didn't do any hush hush secrecy.

Definately marking Aug 2 though as I'm sooooooo sick of these constant PvP nut jobs who think this or any game is suppose to cater to em.  First it was Camelot Unchained, now it's EQN.  I will relish in the sweet QQing for PvP crowd nerd rage or will be moderately disappointed.  Doubtful any company that wants to publish a major MMO will be stupid enough though to force non-consensual PvP.