Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baby characters again?? Stop with this please

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Again and again same old ''baby like'' characters in asian mmo's, why? I can understand that people play with small races like gnomes for example in WOW, but when you look close at wow gnome  you see small adult character and in asian mmo's you see little human babies. It is just so stupid and unrealistic to see little babies riding on huge mounts and swinging huge swords. This looks like a very nice and good game but this character creation destroyed everything for me .I remember time from Tera when i came to one field and 10-15 little girls in miniskirts attacked me, damn that was so  retarded and stupid that  i deleted Tera at the same moment.

you mean to say "children given the body structure of adult". whether it is a child or a child given the body of an adult, it is still pedophilia, whether it is  chinese or japanese or korean or western developer, these characters are designed to attract pedophiles. in no way it is justifiable and that is why whether it is wow or eq or some eastern asian game; i always avoid playing characters like gnome or dwarf or halfling and/or character that are designed like this.  

Man, this thread is getting epic. I predict great things for this one.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Screenshots or it didn´t happen.

Oh btw... it´s called a realm "REBORN" --- what did you expect?

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I hate it when I'm flying around on my dragon casting spells at monsters and I see a unrealistic race below me. Just ruins the immersion of the game for me.

The Elder Gods will save us from our first world problems!

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218

Final FANTASY

What do you not understand?

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• Exceed82Exceed82 Member Posts: 2
    you mean to say "children given the body structure of adult". whether it is a child or a child given the body of an adult, it is still pedophilia, whether it is  chinese or japanese or korean or western developer, these characters are designed to attract pedophiles. in no way it is justifiable and that is why whether it is wow or eq or some eastern asian game; i always avoid playing characters like gnome or dwarf or halfling and/or character that are designed like this.  

WoW this guy............ U basicly called every player that plays a little char a pedofile.

U better go and hide in a corner somewhere. This is getting out of hand

Its the final countdown

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Again and again same old ''baby like'' characters in asian mmo's, why? I can understand that people play with small races like gnomes for example in WOW, but when you look close at wow gnome  you see small adult character and in asian mmo's you see little human babies. It is just so stupid and unrealistic to see little babies riding on huge mounts and swinging huge swords. This looks like a very nice and good game but this character creation destroyed everything for me .I remember time from Tera when i came to one field and 10-15 little girls in miniskirts attacked me, damn that was so  retarded and stupid that  i deleted Tera at the same moment.

Holy shit lol... You are insane...

Vivik-Cerberus
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Malvious

Final FANTASY

What do you not understand?

Fantasy is everything from Disney to Grimm's fairy tales. How does that equate to all fantasy being BESM?

Don't forget HCA's Little Mermaid.

Oh, wait.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I kind of have the same feelings towards a lot of Asian MMOs becuase of this.  The main things that get me are the characters  with cat ears and tails.  I also can't stand the floating little white teddy bear things with bat wings.  I know it's a culture thing, but it's also just annoying to look at.  However, that's something that's not going to change for me and obviously works just fine for plenty of other people.  Not sure how (lol) but it does so when you run across these situations just accept the game is not for you and move on.

Unfortunately most gamers feel that every game should cater to them.  I see it everyday on these forums with some of the ridiculous stuff people say about the games they don't like instead of just accepting the game is not for them.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I never likes Tarus/Lallas they just annoyed me.(Tarus in FF11 were so arrogant...and Lallas in 14 looks stupid with there beards lol)

I never once saw them as little kids tho annoying wannabe Teddybears yes, little Human children ermmm no no not once.

I suppose you see them as what you want to see them.

I mean i never once though Smurfs were little kids either they were well Smurfs.

So were Smurfs only a bait for Pedophiles as well??

Originally posted by rodingo

I kind of have the same feelings towards a lot of Asian MMOs becuase of this.  The main things that get me are the characters  with cat ears and tails.  I also can't stand the floating little white teddy bear things with bat wings.  I know it's a culture thing, but it's also just annoying to look at.  However, that's something that's not going to change for me and obviously works just fine for plenty of other people.  Not sure how (lol) but it does so when you run across these situations just accept the game is not for you and move on.

Unfortunately most gamers feel that every game should cater to them.  I see it everyday on these forums with some of the ridiculous stuff people say about the games they don't like instead of just accepting the game is not for them.

Don't hate my because I'm fury.......

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by rodingo

I kind of have the same feelings towards a lot of Asian MMOs becuase of this.  The main things that get me are the characters  with cat ears and tails.  I also can't stand the floating little white teddy bear things with bat wings.  I know it's a culture thing, but it's also just annoying to look at.  However, that's something that's not going to change for me and obviously works just fine for plenty of other people.  Not sure how (lol) but it does so when you run across these situations just accept the game is not for you and move on.Unfortunately most gamers feel that every game should cater to them.  I see it everyday on these forums with some of the ridiculous stuff people say about the games they don't like instead of just accepting the game is not for them.

I do wonder why they like these races. Is it a cute thing for the female gamers? Is it kind of an inside cultural joke? My guess is they find them "funny" that a baby like character can beat down ogres. I really can't figure it out as I have involuntary cringe everytime I see one.
  • ramalhosaramalhosa Member Posts: 15

OMG Frodo that little Hobbit (halfling) destroyed Sauron and his army's alone just by droping a ring, that is western fantasy culture :S:S

OMG that old man Gandalf with the little Hobbit Frodo, talking alone in a house at night, when everyboy else was partying outsider, uhhhh should it be saw that same way???

OMG lightsaber's so colorfull so big, was George Lucas compensating his frustations with those big lightsabers?

OMG Chew and Solo alone in the dark space for so long...

C'mon stop seeing stupid things where they're don't exist.

The real problems are in the heads of the people that only think on that, and have they're heads full of sex or sex frustations, and go play a game thinking on sex instead of enjoy the fun of PLAY.

They think of the characters "oh it's so sexy", instead of "oh is so cute"

If you see in any gamechat "look my pussy", almost everyone, adolescent and grow ups are thinking, that "guy" should be banned

While the little kid that wrote that was talking of his new Cat "Pet" in game.

The problem is the heads of the so called grow ups instead of the kids that play.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Again and again same old ''baby like'' characters in asian mmo's, why? I can understand that people play with small races like gnomes for example in WOW, butwhen you look close at wow gnome  you see small adult character and in asian mmo's you see little human babies. It is just so stupid and unrealistic to see little babies riding on huge mounts and swinging huge swords. This looks like a very nice and good game but this character creation destroyed everything for me .I remember time from Tera when i came to one field and 10-15 little girls in miniskirts attacked me, damn that was so  retarded and stupid that  i deleted Tera at the same moment.

Someone is not able to distinguish reality from fantasy. This line of thinking is usually a warning sign for bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Feeling inadequate to the task when you get pwned in a video game by little girls in miniskirts instead of butch men in leather straps. I am sorry that i can not share this outrage with your because i find it hilarious.

Pedophiles prefer child like activities (like playing games) and show very child like behaviour. They often refer to children as helpless, pure, angelic and pretend to protect them. They will try to disguise their child like behaviour and pretend to be strong and knight like, protecting the innocent.

Just saying...

Cheers | "Whaaa, RUN! It's a little girl swinging a broadaxe!"

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by treelo

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• nightowl79anightowl79a Member Posts: 26
    I find it silly that you can hate a game for a single race that dose not meet your specific tastes. So what if a game has a race you find horrid? If a game has a city that looks ridiculous are you going to quit it as soon as you walk in that city? What if it has a really bad looking tree? I personally think Lalafell are cool looking. It seems like I run a bit faster and everything seems bigger. 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Why didn't they just make western looking character, after all that's all that matters, right?

• rykim86rykim86 Member Posts: 236

Wow.

People who think the taru taru and lalafell races are just children...scare me.  Do they visually look younger in the face than say the gnome/dwarf races of other games?  Definitely.  

But so do the other races in XIV.  

In general, the Asian cultures do look younger than most of ethnicities.  Born from Korean parents and I still get asked for my ID time to time (27 years old here).  So it's not really a surprise if their sense of art is influenced by that.

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    I hate it when I'm flying around on my dragon casting spells at monsters and I see a unrealistic race below me. Just ruins the immersion of the game for me.

We get it, it doesn't matter because you don't care about it.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Did someone seriously say it looks so unrealistic, while talking about a FANTASY setting. Really if you want to have it so realistic, go find some armor and a sword, and ride a rhino with a saddle on it down your cities main street.

I laugh at it looks unrealistic crap, lol.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

lol imagine now your huge ''warrior like'' character on nasty huge dragon landing near ''baby warrior'' and this baby  kill you

In Asia, small babies and cute girls in short skirts with giant eyes are more dangerous then 1000 nukes.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP, In the Final Fantasy Lore you see all sorts of weird races. If you cant handle what their Lore offers then look somewhere else. You cant just come today and complain about a Lore that has been going on for a bagillion years. Every race is part of it from many years ago. These baby-like races have been part of Final Fantasy since many years ago (judging by you comment you clearly didnt know it). Final Fantasy (even the mmo versions of it) revolves around the Lore and all the different species it has. Dont like it? thats ok, people like different things, but dont beg for change because they arent changing their bagillion years old lore just because somebody dont like the looks of a race.

EDIT: and like other people already said, its also an asian thing, and i love it.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

You got a problem with little people kicking arse?

• narmitonarmito Member Posts: 13

actualy its a phantasy game .... what is unrealistic race for you ? cause TESO has alot unrealistc races for me ... like those http://www.tesof.com/xthreads_attach.php/53_1351745270_f0a383cd/7227c078e795fbc2a2df609294eeb57e/banner-khajiit.jpg

have you ever saw anime ? with unrealistic childs ?

i like more Japanese phantasy than western ( i m  big fan of LOTR ) but everything looks like lotr EVERYTHING in western rpgs 

have you  ever saw Avatar ...alot of final fantasy ideas there ...Japanese fantasy ..

we talk about fantasy game ...everything are unrealistic ...even the big swords ...even the cat girls ...everything ...so

is just about taste ..its about what fantasy you like ... anyway 

sorry about my english . have a nice time mate 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

TO ME...a game company that puts children into their games is defining who their target market is for their game. Someone who would be attracted to playing a game with children in it. To me that would be someone not far from being a child themselves.

There's nothing wrong with that...It's just not me.