Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offical Forums?

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hi,

I had a look though the fan sites sticky but i could not find an official forums listing.

Can anyone tell if there is an official forum?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    The game is still in very early alpha and can barely keep going with their limited budget. They don't have the resources for a forum at the moment.
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

not yet...as a tester  ( dont really care if they ban me ) think gw2 combat with wow interests in mind..fun for sure, since they do combat better...but depth?...cbt2 so idk, but so far..not so much :(

Originally posted by radagast777
    The game is still in very early alpha and can barely keep going with their limited budget. They don't have the resources for a forum at the moment.

load of shit lol...this guy is WRONG

• rufiljrufilj Member CommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by radagast777

LMAO this guy.....

Game is not in alpha in fact is in closed beta phase 2 and soon 3. And please you don't need any "resources" to open a forum. They are keeping the forums closed for feedback from the testers only atm. However there are multiple wildstar fan made forums where devs participate. 

Originally posted by Nitth

Hi,

I had a look though the fan sites sticky but i could not find an official forums listing.

There is one, just not opened to the public yet.

wildstar-central.com is the biggest community forums for wildstar. Carbine devs are oftentimes around. 

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by rufilj
    Originally posted by radagast777 The game is still in very early alpha and can barely keep going with their limited budget. They don't have the resources for a forum at the moment.
    LMAO this guy.....

Game is not in alpha in fact is in closed beta phase 2 and soon 3. And please you don't need any "resources" to open a forum. They are keeping the forums closed for feedback from the testers only atm. However there are multiple wildstar fan made forums where devs participate. 

Can you recommend a popular one with a lot of info?

Also, Its kind of perplexing because didn't they say they were looking for new testers Based on their contributions in the community?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Nitth Hi, I had a look though the fan sites sticky but i could not find an official forums listing. Can anyone tell if there is an official forum?  
    There is one, just not opened to the public yet.

wildstar-central.com is the biggest community forums for wildstar. Carbine devs are oftentimes around. 

lol read my mind..

Originally posted by radagast777 The game is still in very early alpha and can barely keep going with their limited budget. They don't have the resources for a forum at the moment.
    LMAO this guy.....

Can you recommend a popular one with a lot of info?

Also, Its kind of perplexing because didn't they say they were looking for new testers Based on their contributions in the community?

They are active over twitter and facebook. But yeah any wildstar fansite is also considered community to them . 
    Originally posted by rogue187

not yet...as a tester  ( dont really care if they ban me ) think gw2 combat with wow interests in mind..fun for sure, since they do combat better...but depth?...cbt2 so idk, but so far..not so much :(

It's time you get realistic expectations dude lmao.  Also how can you talk about depth when you probably haven't even got to level 10 

honestly, they may need a thread from the public, so far its too "close to home " that we know....i cried once on the forums and got crushed ( save 1 advocate) that agreed the direction was off...but alas...wow in space anyone? but not even...i cant lie, its alot better than wow...that depth....just bugs me

Originally posted by rogue187

honestly, they may need a thread from the public, so far its too "close to home " that we know....i cried once on the forums and got crushed ( save 1 advocate) that agreed the direction was off...but alas...wow in space anyone? but not even...i cant lie, its alot better than wow...that depth....just bugs me

Game isn't finished yet and beta servers only one purpose which is get feedback to the developers. Especially on an early stage they don't even have animations for all characters or both factions. 

I hope you are a stress tester only.. otherwise you wont contribute much to the game I would imagine. 

Until what level did you play? Because I don't understand how you can say it doesn't have depth with a few hours of playing on a starters zone. 

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Aori

Like rufilj pointed out, wildstar-central.com is probably the best place to start. The devs post comments, thoughts and even plans/goals for the game there.

Hey :) Zap-Robo, admin over at WSC here. The "Big Three" in WildStar Fansites are WildStar Central (Fully Independent), WildStar Forums (Curse Network) and WildStar Roleplay (Independent, hosted on Enjin).

There's also the WildStar Subreddit which is quite popular, despite some recent hiccups.

As to official outlets, while you can spot the devs on the above sites (and I popped a Dev Tracker on WSC to help you find their comments on WSC itself) there's currently only the Twitter account, Facebook account and the Closed Beta forums (you can find it with a little Google work, but there's no access unless you're in testing).

Hope this helps!

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Actually there is a Forums but they dont use it. Personally I dont see the reason for having a Forums section for the game if your not going to allow anyone to use it.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• jimprounerjimprouner Member Posts: 142

Hi,

Devs go to wildstar central quite often.  Its the closest to official forums.