Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] Rift: Loving Rift's Shift

124»

Comments

• bobfishbobfish SouthamptonPosts: 1,688Member

Any Free to Play model that is great for free players is terrible for paying players and the company.

Any Free to Play model that is great for paying players is terrible for free players and average for the company.

Any Free to Play model that is great for the company is terrible for free players and average for paying players.

This is how it works, decide where Rift falls in your opinion and you'll see who will benefit and who won't.

• KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    Originally posted by bobfish

Any Free to Play model that is great for free players is terrible for paying players and the company.

Any Free to Play model that is great for paying players is terrible for free players and average for the company.

Any Free to Play model that is great for the company is terrible for free players and average for paying players.

This is how it works, decide where Rift falls in your opinion and you'll see who will benefit and who won't.

The answer is quite simple.

RIFT had few remaining paying players. That was bad, both for paying players and company.

So company had only 2 choices. Close the game or implement a f2p model.

Closing the game would be negative for both the company and paying players again.

Implementing a f2p model would be something that in the long term would show if this was the right decision. A risk but a hope also for something better and bigger. So they did it and now both paying players and the company awaits for the results.

The only certain right now, with the model they say they will implement at 12-06, is that  lots of free users will enjoy the game :)

• DralonDralon Stillwater, OKPosts: 38Member
    F2P definately brought me back, as it was a game I always enjoyed, but had to prune some subscriptions.  Am greatly enjoying my return so far!

124»