Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logged back in after like 2 yrs...totally lost

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Hello everyone!

Blizzard has enabled my account for 7 free days to check back into the game. Since i dont have any game to play at the moment, i took chance to click through my old chars, see the realm activity etc.

I quit two weeks pre Cata and logging back in now, i'm totally lost in the game.  Dalaran has like one (?) portal left, porting me to Orgrimmar. In Org i asked the guards for the portals and got lead to another single portal leading to Tol Barad, which i can only use at 85. Shattrath again, no portal found.

How do i get around in the world and where does Cataclysm "start" at all? Where does my lvl80 pick up with a first quest or whatever to do?

And btw: what happened to Undercity? Why are there Orc guards?

Totally confused, the game never felt so strange to me :)

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Volgore

Hello everyone!

Blizzard has enabled my account for 7 free days to check back into the game. Since i dont have any game to play at the moment, i took chance to click through my old chars, see the realm activity etc.

I quit two weeks pre Cata and logging back in now, i'm totally lost in the game.  Dalaran has like one (?) portal left, porting me to Orgrimmar. In Org i asked the guards for the portals and got lead to another single portal leading to Tol Barad, which i can only use at 85. Shattrath again, no portal found.

How do i get around in the world and where does Cataclysm "start" at all? Where does my lvl80 pick up with a first quest or whatever to do?

And btw: what happened to Undercity? Why are there Orc guards?

Totally confused, the game never felt so strange to me :)

You should go and see who sits on the thrown in orgrammer too, that might suprise you :p  though in a few months that might change, There is a portal hub on top of orgrimmer (cliff) one takes you to the start zone. 

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    portal to orgrimmar and go to the valley of strength OR the valley of honor and theres a warchiefs command board with a quest (or several) for you to complete to get to the maelstrom and probably mount hyjal, firelands.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    My wife and I are between MMOs and left after playing Cat as well. Thought we would come back to poke around and was totally lost as well. From level 80-81 all my raid gear was gone and Im all in green again. Level 85 now and still feel like a noob lol. Starting to remember why we left lol
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

this is tru in any MMO tho, I tried to goback to SWTOR and  had no clue where to go or what to do, all my gear while epic was no better than greens.