Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music you like to listen to while playing MMO's

My personal fav is Amon Amarth. Singing about the life and death of vikings while playing realy gives me a boost  :p

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Always the games own music tbh. I am into metal music, I just find it to be out of place with the games I play.

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by immodium
    Always the games own music tbh. I am into metal music, I just find it to be out of place with the games I play.

It's nice to hear from another metalhead  :p

For me the lyrics of AA realy fit with MMO's since they're mostly about battle  :p

But ofc to each his/her own :p

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Metal music does nothing for me except make me reach for the Off switch as fast as possible.  ;)
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I would listen to talk radio when I was doing mind numbing crafting in DAOC.
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by DMKano
    None - I play either with sound off or in-game music.

+1

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Metal music does nothing for me except make me reach for the Off switch as fast as possible.  ;)

Exactly my reaction to most soundtracks.

Titanic, Dirty Dancing, Purple Rain, The Bodyguard, Blue Hawaii, West Side Story, South Pacific...? Feeling your stomach churn, yet? (:shoot me, just shoot me right now, please:)

Eventually all that Tangerine Dream work. Yawn--but at least vanilla inoffensive, in the same way Muzak in elevators is. It's biggest saving grace lies in how infrequently you even notice it's there.

In-game music? Just set the volume to "0". Thank you, thank you for MP4.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I usually play with no sound, got my pc outputting sound to my headphones, just dont were um much. When i do listen to music i load up my ps3 and stream some electronica like cosmic gate, markus shultz, tiesto, armin van burrin, and so on.

Love electronica, tiesto was the only concert i ever been to, and it was a blast.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    In game music for me. But other than that I listen to and l write Deathmetal/Grindcore.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

I usually do not listen to music. But when I do, its during a pvp session. It varies! Here is a example list!

Carmina Burana-Karl Orff , Rammstien-Varied , Flight of Icarus-Iron Maidden , Immigrant Song-Led Zeppelin . Headhunter-Front 242 ,  Got Funk-Parliament , Planet Rock-Africa Bambataa , Jam on it-Newcleus

Some of the wide variety of choices!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

people have different taste and that is not a bad thing. I feel the same way with rap and hip hop.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Blackaddera
    My personal fav is Amon Amarth. Singing about the life and death of vikings while playing realy gives me a boost  :p

I listen to metal and electronic when gaming. Currently i have been playing WoW and Rift with a good background music from Funker Vogt, God Module, and Unter Null :)

With that said, i also love the brackground sounds from some mmos ( WoW, GW2, Age of Wushu) and sometimes i just roll with that instead.

EDIT: oh and every once in a while i dig a specific song from Callenish Circle when gaming. Suffer my disbelief (the song you hear at the end of Angry Joe show videos) haha so good.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Blackaddera

I never listend to sound that has nothing to do with game if i play a game iwanne forget RL and it would breake my immersion.

But i play free for all full loot permadeath games so if my opponents listend to music its alot more easy for me :P

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Get Lucky

Need U 100%

Blurred Lines

Then I usually dance in my chair.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

In game music for me, too. This can be both good and bad.

It is good that a player starts to connect the music to where they are in a game.
    It is bad because sometimes games recycle music in their endeavors or sequels.

I noticed this "bad part" in SW:TOR when I was traveling... somewhere, and my mind flashed back to playing in SW:KotOR, on the plains of Dantooine, because the music was the exact same thing.

I've tried listening to my own music selections while playing, but I missed having some of the musical "cues" that happen every now and again.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by rojo6934

people have different taste and that is not a bad thing. I feel the same way with rap and hip hop.

I don't like those either.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    There are many times when I play with absolutely no sound.  Otherwise, my wife sits next to me on her computer and plays a radio talk show that is pretty amusing.
  • IndolIndol Member Posts: 189
    Boards of Canada, Autechre, Coil, Steve Roach, Byron Metcalf, In-game music if I enjoy it.