Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Gazillion Celebrates Launch Day with New Cinematic Trailer

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Gazillion Entertainment has kicked off the launch of their free-to-play MMOARPG, Marvel Heroes, with a brand new cinematic opening trailer.

Marvel Heroes features 21 iconic super heroes from the Marvel universe, including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, and more. Players play in a Diablo-style action-RPG world with an MMO twist and take part in an epic storyline penned by Marvel super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

You can find Marvel Heroes on Steam or at the game's official website.

Comments

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

great video.

I has a diablo dark style feel in it.

Keep it up brevik we want more darkness inside marvel

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

AWESOME trailer! Fully animated video!

Yes I've been having great mindless fun in-game!

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

the game is so damn boring to play.. IMO

Nothing for me

And the cash shop.. $20 for a hero 

• ChrispyChrisChrispyChris Member Posts: 27

Well, I'd like to play... but after watching the cinematic, I was disconnected. Then when I tried to log back in, the servers were down. >.<

Perhaps tomorrow. I am very interested in new-tech Diablo style games. We'll see if there's more than nostalgia and OMGCOMICS! to it :D

Edit: Also, interesting how the launcher art includes costumes that have nipples. What's the game rated again? ;) 

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    10 times better story then D3:)
  • Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by spawn12345

the game is so damn boring to play.. IMO

Nothing for me

And the cash shop.. $20 for a hero 

Seriously, most of the heroes are between 6-9 bucks, a couple for 12 and a couple for 20.  But if you play enough, you'll get hero drops, I got Colossus in my first 2 days as a drop.  How far did you play, its got a good story and plays like diablo 2.  The only thing I had an issue was that they had some major pre-order issues with ultimate, premium and starter packs. They have most of that cleared up now and have been making it right with people by giving them the max pack allowable cash plus 1000 or better extra for the in game cash store, above what they were promised to get as an "I'm Sorry for not getting you into game on time because we screwed up" gift.  I only see this one getting better.

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Boring my ass.  Heroes drop in game, you don't even have to buy them.
  • BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Good game worth the effort to get it and try
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    ~.~  Diablo3 was average at best, this better also be at least average.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    *cackles with glee* I get to be Captain America.
  • Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

Shocking enough, I have enjoyed playing the game so far. I got the Punisher to level 15. I really like the story so far too. I am a huge comic nerd. So that plays a big part. lol

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

The game is made by the co founder of Blizzard North which made Diablo 1 and 2. The game is a good MMOARP.  I see someone made a comment about how the characters are "pricy"...6-20 bucks for a hero isn't a lot in an F2P MMO...look at it as a mount, most mounts in a cash shop go between 20-40 bucks depending on the game..even the currently smash hit Neverwinter has a mount that sells for more than 40 bucks in their currency...just to give you an idea of what todays cash shop mounts cost. I want to point out something that ALL the heroes drop as loot in game..it's rare loot but you can get them all for free, there isn't any exclusive cash shop only heroes..so honestly that's awesome. If you want the hero right then and there then you can buy it if ya want. You do get to pick 1 hero to start off with. You have 4 or 5 options and very early on you get a second hero after finishing a quest which isn't bad. This isn't a pay 2 win game for those wondering. And yes as someone mentioned there are some bugs..but all games have them unfortunately. There are some game devs that don't care about some bugs but honestly these devs do care and they update ya pretty quickly on whats going on.As far as gameplay goes..it feels like Diablo 2...if you enjoyed D2 there's a good chance you will like this game... if you are a Marvel fan and D2 fan then I'm pretty sure you will like the game. The person that said "D3 was average at best' ...D3 has nothing to do with this game..Blizzard North didn't make D3 so the whole "it better be blah blah blah" is whatever.  The game is definitely worth a try for anyone that likes MMOARPs or even anyone who is curious who has never played this type of game. 

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117

I will play Jumpgate Evolution before I will touch Marvel Heroes.

Cryptic has already done it better, twice, and didn't destroy a good developer and backstab another publisher in the process.

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by Desirsar

I will play Jumpgate Evolution before I will touch Marvel Heroes.

Cryptic has already done it better, twice, and didn't destroy a good developer and backstab another publisher in the process.

Cryptic's games are MMORPG, not ARPG games like Diablo, Diablo II or Marvel Heroes (only difference in MH is you have more people than the limited number in D2 that could run around the world at any given time.  Still has the dungeons you can enter into with small groups.)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    While this is a nice game and i can recommend it to those who want  a nice ARPG. I keep off playing it until they release either Gambit or Nightcrawler. I do not feel like doing the entire level grind again once i have done it. Did it up to 15 in beta with the help of a ton of loot and xp boosters and i know that i will not enjoy it as much without those things, especially as the difficulty curve is rather harsh in this game if you play casual.

This have been a good conversation