Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN bubble burst

lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
It'll be a fun bubble to see burst. thoughts? 

Comments

• DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189
    It could be the scream of joy, rage, pain, or depression. Definitely fun to observed.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    thoughts?  you're a troll
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Margulis
    thoughts?  you're a troll

So true, not a single constructive tought in this post...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I can't get enough of all the EQN haters.  Their irrational pessimism is premium entertainment.  Laughs will be had when their hatred turns to praise.  I will be offering counselling here on mmorpg forums to help people cope.

• iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by lolunatic

No. Just for the reason it doesn't deserve any of the attention it's getting ATM.
  • KricksanKricksan Member Posts: 13

Someone sad that his WoW raiding guild will move to EQN?

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I too at times squeel with delight when life gives my fellow humans the proverbial lemons.

I generally internalize this delight in other's misery and rarely publicize it as you did, but since we're sharing i'll join in.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    With soe's track record its hope for the best, expect the worst.  I hope it really is as good as we're being lead to believe but does anyone remember the last time soe tried to make a sandbox MMO (swg) and carry on the EQ franchise (EQ2)?  Neither of those games, while having a few high points,exactly set the world on fire.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I´d love to see EQN as a hardcore sandbox becoming the most successful game of all times and the entire industry going "Oh damn we should have stopped making carebear games 5 years ago"

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I´d love to see EQN as a hardcore sandbox becoming the most successful game of all times and the entire industry going "Oh damn we should have stopped making carebear games 5 years ago"

Really?imageimageimage

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

Ive played plenty of soe mmo's EQ, EQ2, SWG, DCUO, VG, even though I end up quiting them after an extended period of time (returning several times) , all I care for is I had endless hours of playing these game, I bolster no ill feelings what so ever towards them.

When the game(s) stop being fun to me I quit and move on, I might return (and have) but I had my fun.

I have my own impressions of EQN and hopes, we'll just have to wait and see how it will turn out, regardless if it may turn out NOT to be my game I still wish them a successfull future, its good for the genre.

For the haters.. joke is on you, you let the news of the game and smetley rule your shallow life.

• radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    Why cant we all just get along
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

I think each one of us has our own bubble so if it does pops to the entertainment of others it's our own fault.  It is a win/win really since worst case scenerio you are making someone's day brighter image.

In all honestly it's best just to keep a level head.  SoE has been careful to keep the exact details hush, hush for EQN and I imagine any "slips" will be purposeful.  I think bubbles are already bursting from imagined meanings and emoticons.

"...because I don't want to ruin our relationship.  Followed by a winking smile, okay? I mean, you winkied me..."

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Hating game before anything is known about it. Nice...

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

bad troll is bad

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by radagast777
    Why cant we all just get along

because

• H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36

not really going to see it as fun, but am certain some will talk alot about how SOE broke their promises, once August comes. There just is alot of diffrent opinions of what EQN "should be" like, and with the little to no solid info, well people just fill in the blanks with their own wishes.

anyway do hope the truth is somewhere in the middle, so most can get along : P

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    I can't get enough of all the EQN haters.  Their irrational pessimism is premium entertainment.  Laughs will be had when their hatred turns to praise.  I will be offering counselling here on mmorpg forums to help people cope.

I can't get enough of all the EQN fanboys. Their irrational optimism  is premium entertainment. Laughs will be had when their praise turns to hatred. I will be offering counselling here on mmorpg forums to help people cope when EQN turns out to be Free Realms 2.

See what I did there?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Available in all sizes and colors.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    The hype for EQN still isn't anywhere close to what GW2's was. I should mention that I completely ignore the hype meter on this site because, along with the player review meter, its completely subjective to people that purposely bomb ratings just because and people who purposely spike ratings to counter the bombing. It's ridiculous.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    "as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced"

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Do not except something hardcore like that in eq
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Hating game before anything is known about it. Nice...

on the flip side...

Loving a game before anything is known about it......

=P

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    The hype for EQN still isn't anywhere close to what GW2's was. I should mention that I completely ignore the hype meter on this site because, along with the player review meter, its completely subjective to people that purposely bomb ratings just because and people who purposely spike ratings to counter the bombing. It's ridiculous.

imageimageimage

Lot of months to go yet, may as well relax folks.

I've about exhausted the possibilities in making fun of BillMurphy and poop jokes, at this point.

Afraid it's just going to descend into the traditional tennis match for the foreseeable future, with likely big spikes (Aug 2?) any time an announcement is due.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    With soe's track record its hope for the best, expect the worst. 

Solid advice for any upcoming game, not just SoE.  Too many people on here expect way too much.  Its a game, heres the checklist you need:

1) Is it fun?

If you answered yes to that question, congrats! Keep playing!

This discussion has been closed.