Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your advice please.

H.A.M.AH.A.M.A Member UncommonPosts: 29

For 1,500 dollar budget tower only specifically for a MMO called Dayz Mod will this destroy the game?

Silver Series AMD FX-4100 Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 (Mid Tower) [Level 2 Iron Tundra Ready] AMD Processor - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (Six Core) CPU Cooling - Level 1 Cold Steel Liquid Cooling [120mm Radiator] AMD Motherboard - ASUS M5A97 [SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 {4 DDR3 Slots} Overclocking Processor - Overclock Processor to Max Speed up to 70% Overclocking Graphics Card - Overclock 1 x Graphics Card to Max Speed Memory - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Primary Hard Drive - 1TB 7200 RPM1st Optical Drive - DVD Writer - EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW Edition (Min. 650 Watt Power Supply) Liquid Cool Graphics Card - Liquid Cool Graphics Card (Requires Level 1 Cold Steel CPU Cooling) Power Supply - Standard 800 Watt Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Integrated HD

Very sorry about grouping that all up, but I had to copy it from the website I plan on buying the the pc from which is ironsidecomputers.com

Also I dont know if a 7970  would be better than a - EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW Edition for the MMO Dayz Mod only and BF4 when it comes out.

Comments

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by H.A.M.A

For 1,500 dollar budget tower only specifically for a MMO called Dayz Mod will this destroy the game?

Silver Series AMD FX-4100 Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 (Mid Tower) [Level 2 Iron Tundra Ready] AMD Processor - AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (Six Core) CPU Cooling - Level 1 Cold Steel Liquid Cooling [120mm Radiator] AMD Motherboard - ASUS M5A97 [SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 {4 DDR3 Slots} Overclocking Processor - Overclock Processor to Max Speed up to 70% Overclocking Graphics Card - Overclock 1 x Graphics Card to Max Speed Memory - 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Primary Hard Drive - 1TB 7200 RPM1st Optical Drive - DVD Writer - EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW Edition (Min. 650 Watt Power Supply) Liquid Cool Graphics Card - Liquid Cool Graphics Card (Requires Level 1 Cold Steel CPU Cooling) Power Supply - Standard 800 Watt Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Integrated HD

Very sorry about grouping that all up, but I had to copy it from the website I plan on buying the the pc from which is ironsidecomputers.com

Also I dont know if a 7970  would be better than a - EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW Edition for the MMO Dayz Mod only and BF4 when it comes out.

DayZ mod is no mmo and yes mid range systems can handle DayZ easly.

AMD7970 3gb high end card is capable of running BF4 also better then 670 2gb card can.

DayZ is mod for ARMA2 it can handle 50/50 players easy, world looks like an mmo a huge 250 square km map with no loadscreens or any insivisble barriers.

Its persistend that it can safe your character and play on different server with same gear not all servers are same so some you need to make new character but its not an mmo.

New DayZ standalone game will prolly more close to mmo server can't hold 200 players.

• H.A.M.AH.A.M.A Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

AMD7970 3gb high end card is capable of running BF4 also better then 670 2gb card can.

DayZ is mod for ARMA2 it can handle 50/50 players easy, world looks like an mmo a huge 250 square km map with no loadscreens or any insivisble barriers.

Its persistend that it can safe your character and play on different server with same gear not all servers are same so some you need to make new character but its not an mmo.

New DayZ standalone game will prolly more close to mmo server can't hold 200 players.

First thank you for replying, ok so Dayz isnt a MMO then why would Dayz SA be on this website will it not be the exact same as the mod except for more players  per server capacity but not by much.  Also I will most likely go with the 7970, but the one difference many people have told me is the 7970 will not have phsyx and the 670 will. With that being said do you still think the 7970 will be better for Dayz mod and bf4, is phsyx really that big of a deal?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Is there some reason that you're looking to use up 10%-20% of your budget on hiring some other company to use a screwdriver for you rather than doing it yourself?

As for the parts in question, on your budget, you really should look at an Intel processor, or more precisely, a Core i5-3570K.  For a given clock speed and number of cores, recent high end Intel processors are a lot faster than AMD processors.

For your video card, you should probably get either a Radeon HD 7970 or a GeForce GTX 770.  If they're the same price, I'd rather have the GTX 770, but the 7970 is a better deal if it's substantially cheaper.

Also, don't get a "standard" power supply.  If they won't tell you the brand name and model, then it's probably junk--and likely a danger to fry everything else in your system.  Even on a $500 budget, you should insist on getting a decent quality power supply, let alone $1500.  The Corsair TX650 V2 is probably the most appropriate choice for you if you buy from that site.

Make sure that you get a good SSD.  A computer without an SSD is slow, no matter what else it has.  And you don't want to spend $1500 on a slow computer.

The site you picked doesn't show prices as you configure for some strange reason, so I'm not sure if their prices are reasonable or ridiculous.

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

You're wasting a lot of money to have a system overclocked when you could buy a better processor and get more out of it without liquid cooling.  Build a system for yourself and save even more money.

I wouldn't buy from a site with blatant grammatical errors.  The term, "PCs" in the context of their site's banner should not have an apostrophe, but their site seems to think it does.  A lack of professionalism in grammar can indicate a lack of professionalism in other areas.

I would love to build my own computer, it would take effort and knowledge, I have the effort, the knowledge I dont. So many questions starting out with if If was to  build a computer how would I connect all the cords together, how do I overclock without screwing up, how do I install a OS,  how do I hook-up and maintain liquid cooling, how do I add extra fans, etc etc etc.... I have a computer I'm sure I could salvage some parts  hard drive,  ram etc., and how am I able to tell which mobo is compatible with the processor,  gpu all that detailed stuff.

I do want to build a computer who would not want to build a computer to match there own specs and save money,  but I dont have the knowledge and I am extremely scared of messing up.....

Alright, I'll take a shot and build my own pc. After watching a couple videos on youtube some parts do not seem that difficult.

I went to newegg.com and this is the combo  deal(s) I found for a grand total of $664.96 including tax and shipping. Will this be compatible so far?

ASRock X79 Extreme4 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED ...

Also just added this making the grand total $ 1,196.94

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS ...

Asus GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 Graphic Card - 980 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0

Suppose that you do buy a computer off of that site as listed above.  What will you do with it when it arrives?  Power cords, USB cables, monitors, and so forth don't magically plug themselves in, you know.  If your answer to that is that you'll arrange to hire someone to come over to your house and plug it in, then maybe you should pay someone to assemble it.

But if your answer is, "Well duh, I'll plug the computer in myself," then you might want to consider that plugging in ethernet cables and USB cables and monitor cables outside of the computer isn't any easier than plugging in SATA cables and PCI-E power cables and memory modules inside the computer.  You might not realize that if you haven't done the latter, but the people who designed the external plugs tend to have a lot in common with those who designed the internal ones.  The motherboard and case will come with very detailed instructions, and all that you have to do is follow them.  You'll need a screwdriver, but nothing fancy like soldering.

You might think that it's also hard to pick out parts that are compatible and make sure that you have everything.  If you buy from a site that assembles it, they do have to make sure that it works, after all.  But you can get help with that over the Internet from people who are thousands of miles away.  Such as people who post on this very forum.  If you want help, that is.

Alright, I'll take a shot and build my own pc. After watching a couple videos on youtube some parts do not seem that difficult.

I went to newegg.com and this is the combo  deal(s) I found for a grand total of $664.96 including tax and shipping. Will this be compatible so far?

ASRock X79 Extreme4 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED ...

The processor requires socket LGA 1155, while the motherboard offers LGA 2011.  So they're not compatible.

But let's back up a bit:  do you need to fit peripherals into your budget (monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, surge protector), or do you already have them and just need the case and everything that goes inside of it?

Also, don't be in a big rush to pull the trigger and buy something before people can reply.  You don't seem like the sort who would do that, but far too many people come in and say, in effect, "I just bought something at random; is it any good?"

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Suppose that you do buy a computer off of that site as listed above.  What will you do with it when it arrives?  Power cords, USB cables, monitors, and so forth don't magically plug themselves in, you know.  If your answer to that is that you'll arrange to hire someone to come over to your house and plug it in, then maybe you should pay someone to assemble it.

But if your answer is, "Well duh, I'll plug the computer in myself," then you might want to consider that plugging in ethernet cables and USB cables and monitor cables outside of the computer isn't any easier than plugging in SATA cables and PCI-E power cables and memory modules inside the computer.  You might not realize that if you haven't done the latter, but the people who designed the external plugs tend to have a lot in common with those who designed the internal ones.  The motherboard and case will come with very detailed instructions, and all that you have to do is follow them.  You'll need a screwdriver, but nothing fancy like soldering.

You might think that it's also hard to pick out parts that are compatible and make sure that you have everything.  If you buy from a site that assembles it, they do have to make sure that it works, after all.  But you can get help with that over the Internet from people who are thousands of miles away.  Such as people who post on this very forum.  If you want help, that is.

Not true at all -- stop harassing the guy.  If he wants to pay extra to ensure to the best chance that nothing will go wrong during the build process, let him do what he wants.  

Quizz it is harder then just plugging in the monitor cable, power cable etc, but I wont rush myself when I build the pc. I just need the tower for now I already have a  old, but good monitor keyboard etc.

I have tried to find the best combo deals on newegg.com to fit a 1,500 dollar budget.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I highly advise you not to buy overclocked system. You can buy hardware which is better than your OC hardware you posted and for a cheaper price. OC system requires a lot of power, heat and reduces the life span of the hardware. Not worth the money or risk, you'll be conning your self.

Though having said that, what ever you decide either way the cooling system is very nice to have. :)

Yeah you guyz right better to build one then buy one. So I will purchase what Quizz listed next week, it does fit my budget. I guess when all the items are delivered I'll post back on this thread or make a new thread , because i'm pretty sure I will need your help putting it together :p. Thanks again for your help everyone.

1 more thing though will I need this:  ARCTIC MX-2 (4g) Carbon-Based Thermal Compound, Non-Electricity Conductive, Non-Capacitive

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

1 more thing though will I need this:  ARCTIC MX-2 (4g) Carbon-Based Thermal Compound, Non-Electricity Conductive, Non-Capacitive

Short answer is no.  Unless you are going for an extreme OC on the CPU where every individual degree of temperature matters it's not worth the money because that is literally all it will equate to, 1 or 2 degrees cooler temps.  Not to mention the compound that comes with the Coolermaster CPU cooler is more than adequate.

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

First thank you for replying, ok so Dayz isnt a MMO then why would Dayz SA be on this website will it not be the exact same as the mod except for more players  per server capacity but not by much.  Also I will most likely go with the 7970, but the one difference many people have told me is the 7970 will not have phsyx and the 670 will. With that being said do you still think the 7970 will be better for Dayz mod and bf4, is phsyx really that big of a deal?

Its what you prefer but budget wise AMD is also cheaper and believe you wont see much difference between geforce or radeon cards, there both good in its own way.

For DayZ which is not a real demanding game you dont need high end card so 7970 is perfectcard that can handle DayZ very well.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

They list a lot of non MMOs on this site these days...

I say go with the 670.. more games will work better with an Nvidia card.. mainly because most games get designed using one..

For instance the origional darkfall performed like shite on ATI cards..

Also for $1500 I am sure you could build a better system than that.. ah i see someone already ponited that out :)

Originally posted by Caldrin

They list a lot of non MMOs on this site these days...

I say go with the 670.. more games will work better with an Nvidia card.. mainly because most games get designed using one..

For instance the origional darkfall performed like shite on ATI cards..

Also for $1500 I am sure you could build a better system than that.. ah i see someone already ponited that out :)

Pls don't tell lies ive played 2.5 years Darkfall with my 5870 later 6970 and it run smooth with 60+ fps NEVER had any trouble as for most games ive played over the years AMD are very good cards and cheaper then nvidia overpriced cards.

Originally posted by miguksaram

Short answer is no.  Unless you are going for an extreme OC on the CPU where every individual degree of temperature matters it's not worth the money because that is literally all it will equate to, 1 or 2 degrees cooler temps.  Not to mention the compound that comes with the Coolermaster CPU cooler is more than adequate.

Alright thanks I will order the gear this coming monday, even though Quizz 's list that he provided me sound's great I will look more into  it before buying anthing, because there is no turning back once the order is processed.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by miguksaram

Alright thanks I will order the gear this coming monday, even though Quizz 's list that he provided me sound's great I will look more into  it before buying anthing, because there is no turning back once the order is processed.

Post what you plan on changing before you buy. Everything Quiz listed will work together and are good solid parts. If you dont have the knowledge to pick appropriate stuff then ask before you buy.

Quiz always posts best bang for the buck and he never picks cheap junk, especially on a $1500 budget.

Here's my final choice before I make the purchase comment in case there is anything that should be changed. Also I decided to invest a little more money for a new keyboard, mouse, and headset.

Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan

LG 24X DVD Burner - Bare Drive 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS95 - OEM

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

Rosewill CAPSTONE-750 750W Continuous @ 50°C, Intel Haswell Ready, 80 PLUS GOLD, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire Ready, Active PFC Power Supply

MSI Z77A-GD55 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+

SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS8G3D1609ES2LX0

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0 

Arctic Silver Arctic Alumina 1.75g Premium Ceramic, Polysynthetic thermal compound AA-1.75G          

Full Size Alps Mechanical Switch US Keyboard KB-6600BU by DSI - OEM

Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

RAZER Naga Black 17 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Expert MMO Gaming Mouse

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most listed above was from what Quizz recommended, I just wanted to provide more detail. So Let me know anything that I need to know hopefully by today, so I can get the go ahead on the order.

Guy's your killing me, if nothing has to be modified with the parts just tell me so I can go ahead on the order, because  ive been waiting on a response for about  12 hours now.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Everything looks fine and will work but I did notice at least one thing which seemed odd.  You have two separate entries for the ram.  At first I thought you were just ordering two of the same thing but then I noticed one appears to be a single stick of 8Gb Ram while the other is 2x4Gb (total of 8GB) sticks of ram.  I'll assume that is a mistake as it wouldn't make sense to have that type of configuration.  Please double check and ensure if your goal is to have 16Gb of ram that you choose either 2x8Gb sticks or 4x4Gb sticks.

One of the ram parts came free with the vid card I think and the other was just seperate.

But here's the part that I did alot of research on this part here- Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM I checked the feedback on it from newegg.com, and numerous people gave it a bad review due to DOA?... which I guess it means it failed/didnt work.
    not
       So I want to know if I can replace that hard drive with this one and still be compatible with the rest of the parts listed , and that hard drive would be this one-Seagate NAS HDD ST2000VN000 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive

The rpm is lower 5900 I think but runs quiet, although I only saw 6 feedback on that actual hard drive, no one gave a bad response due to DOA just the lower rpm.

Also will I need this because I'm not sure if the ssd and hard drive will come with it OKGEAR 18" SATA 6 Gbps Cable, Straight to Left Angle W/ Metal Latch, Black, Backward Compatible 3 Gbps and 1.5 Gbps

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Is there some reason that you're looking to use up 10%-20% of your budget on hiring some other company to use a screwdriver for you rather than doing it yourself?

That is a silly remark bub.  I wouldn't tell the kid to go and assemble his own PC if he has no knowledge of doing it.  

To the OP: Don't listen to this guy.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"