Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Poll

GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

Simple enough.  With all the speculation swirling about EQN, figured we would get an idea of MMORPG members feelings on the matter. 

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I won't play if its not.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Are you talking full loot? Poll might need a few more options.
  • Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Plenty of things in the world that will be trying to kill me, why do I want to play for FUN in a world where some 15 year old a-hole is waiting to just keep ganking me because i'm a lower level then him?  Would not be fun at all, and i'd never go back, that is even if I downloaded it if it were open world pvp where it could be a total gankfest.
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I won't play if its not.

lol same here.

Whatever number we end up with, we need to take into consideration that a ton of PC gamers and console players will eat this up even if the traditional EQ fanbase abandons it.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    I won't play if its not.

same.

also, poll always needs a "show me the results" button.  without it the poll is pretty much invalid(so to speak).  

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Double post. Sorry.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    of course not, nor will any EQ fans
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Oberholzer
    Are you talking full loot? Poll might need a few more options.

Even without full loot, I figure non-consensual PvP implies enough negativity for some while others find it most appealing.

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Kind of moot.  

There will most likely be a servers with different rulesets.  Some will probably have safe zones, some may not.  There may be the possibility of item loot on one, but not likely on all of them.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Originally posted by Waterlily
    of course not, nor will any EQ fans

agreed!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    I won't play if its not.

same.

also, poll always needs a "show me the results" button.  without it the poll is pretty much invalid(so to speak).  

The poll is simple enough, and the results can easily be seen in the numbers for and against along with the number of people who have voted.  You know, "keep it simple, stupid". 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Yes.

But it won't have "non consensual pvp" for those who don't want it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Everquest has always been a pure PVE experience where little kids and brats you find in PVP games were shunned.

If EQ Next has any form of forced PVP at all. I will not touch the game.

Fans have been playing these games for over a decade, none of them are PVP fans.

I play RPG for the roleplaying and lore, not to fight with little kids.

Originally posted by Ironman2000
    Plenty of things in the world that will be trying to kill me, why do I want to play for FUN in a world where some 15 year old a-hole is waiting to just keep ganking me because i'm a lower level then him?  Would not be fun at all, and i'd never go back, that is even if I downloaded it if it were open world pvp where it could be a total gankfest.

No one wants a lawless world full of gank squads. That's boring.

Put proper systems in place i.g. Wushu, and you nightmare scenario will not occur, and ganking will not be an issue.

Harsh penalty for senseless murder, reward for killing with purpose. That takes systems.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i played the original EQ for well over a year and loved EQ 2.  

also enjoy the benefits item destruction and full loot can have on a game's many various systems.

fans of EQ aren't any one single type of person. 

EQ fans cannot claim their game is purely a PVE or PVP based game with any intellectual integrity.  

Regardless of that argument though, this newest iteration on the IP owes nothing to the original EQ in any way and is not chained to its systems or ways of doing anything.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Nothing more hilarious to me than the assumption that all players who want pvp are "a-hole" sociopaths under the age of 15.

Jimmies definitely rustled over the pvp.

Sandbox baby.  We gonna build kingdoms, and fight for them.  Don't be mad.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Not a fan of it..

but im pretty confident it wont have open pvp anyway.Or at least it'll be relegated to specific servers.

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I guarantee this game is not going to be full non consensual pvp, there will also be no looting of players. People need to stop panicing and acting like children. 
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    No. EQ has never been a PvP game and and if EQN is then it's not the EQ I'm looking for.
  • reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I think it's safe to say there will be servers with different rule-sets. I'm not a huge PvPer myself, but I did enjoy the PvP on Tallos with the racial open world PvP. I would like to see that again. One server full blown PvP, one server racial, and their RP server where you can only have one character on it and it needs to have an actual name on it.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

The only problem with world pvp is that it is great amazing fun but the carebears will QQ and eventually everything gets nerfed.

It happened in UO and like every MMO , the loudest whiners always get their own way in the end .

^^^^look where that got us....
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740

Well I think that the people on this site that are expecting Open World FFA PvP for Everquest Next are deluded.

Why?  Well it is going to be first shown to the audience at Fan Faire.  This event which was renamed SOE live in 2012, only to revert to its original name again this year.  The reason given for the name change was that SOE was more than just Everquest, the name change indicates that this public relations strategy has been abandoned.

So who will be in the audience at the big reveal?  Everquest and Everquest II diehards (as Smedley said "our loyalest fans") and what will those fans stamp there feet and cheer when they see it at the launch: Norrath and loads of PvE.  What would have Smedley carried from the stage and thrown in the nearest pool open world?  FFA PvP.

SOE are going to want this publicity event to shine and form the basis of a solid lead up to launch .  So while people on this site (nearly all of which will not be going to Fan Faire) may prefer to forget Norath, Everquest and love the idea of PvP they are not the audience Smedley hopes to grab the minds of on August 2nd.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Ironman2000

I agree with this... and probably the majorrity of all casual players ... and thats 95% of the potential buyers.

While i love open world PvP... i want to choose when to be a part of it, so there n eed to be parts of the game where you can PvE..

But so far i have seen world PvP as something put to the side of the game. While a better scheme to make everyone happy is to make the PvP zones the core of the game.  Making people travel PvP zones to reach another safe PvE zone. And this is what i expect that EQnext will be doing...

Imagine 100 PvE zones and all only are conencted trough that 1 huge PvP continent... wanna go somewhere... neeed to travel the dangerous roads of PvP first.   Reach your safepoint, then enjoy your safe PvE.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)