Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild Dev Blog

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

To mark the official release of Neverwinter, the team has posted an in-house interview with several members of the Neverwinter team that talks about the forthcoming Module 1: Fury of the Feywild.

What are some of the key Dungeons & Dragons-influenced areas that players can look forward to exploring in Fury of the Feywild?

Answered by: Zeke Sparkes

We think that players will be very excited to actually go into the Feywild. Areas influenced heavily by magic have always been an interesting destination for players looking for an immersive experience, and our artists have done an amazing job bringing it to life.

We’ll see parts of Sharandar that are influenced (well… corrupted) by the Fomorians. Additionally, aside from being able to venture out even further into the forests surrounding Neverwinter, players who are well versed in D&D campaigns might recognize some of the key destinations we’ve implemented such as New Sharandar, Malabog Castle, and the Fallen Tower of Celadaine.

Read the full interview on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

All I can say is WOW!  2 new professions, 2 new Races, new Zone, new dungeon, new hardmode endgame solo campaign.  New loot and the list continues.

Amazing game and this is even more awesome news.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

...and yet so little reaction from the MMORPG.com community. I think this game has lost it's appeal with a lot of players for two main reasons

1. How the auction house exploits were handled...or rather were not handled in a timely manner.

2. The over priced cash shop. One of the worst around for F2P MMO's. I personally stopped playing soon as I realized how much I had to pay for what I wanted. The prices were not reasonable at all. This has turned many away including me and my friends that played this game.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by azzamasin

All I can say is WOW!  2 new professions, 2 new Races, new Zone, new dungeon, new hardmode endgame solo campaign.  New loot and the list continues.

Amazing game and this is even more awesome news.

I really would prefer them to focus more - or even entirely - on fixing the game they have got before adding more.

Exploits are still going on - and end level dungeons being farmed with these. The effects of past exploits are still with the game. People who used the AD/AH mass exploit are still there.

This was launched - open beta, yeah right - with a mass of bugs and exploits, with some significant ones still present.

If the new content is introduced with the same quality checks as the core game it will just add to the mess.

• officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55
    True the exploits still there some of if not all of the exploiters still there. Like they say "Birds of feather flock together".
  • gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Well they just released their "raid" content (Gauntlgrym) which was a total fiasco and an incredibly underwhelming experience. Half my guild has decided to stop playing all together.

And honestly, the Nr.1 (by FAAAAR) request is still not going to be met apparently: adding more classes. Who cares about races and professions, most people don't RP in the game (just choose the best-stats race) and the profession system is mostly a huge money-hole anyway.

I don't care about exploits, it does not ruin my experience in any way. And the price for items is absolutely on par with 99% of F2P games; people will complain tho just because devs ask for anything...now that respec tokens prices have been cut by 50% (together with most other items), people are still raging that it's expensive. AND the devs give out free tokens whenever they change anything for classes, anyway...but eh...

Still, if they don't wise up and start pumping out what people really ask for they are going to have a dead game on their hands soon enough.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    The fastest way to stop the exploiters is to stop spending money. So far I have done my part, havent spent one cent. You know what though, since im not heavily invested, the exploiting has been well under the radar. I dont care and I still play and still have fun.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814

This is a fairly new game dynamic: they released a game that is more like 1/3 of a real game, but it's free (sort of). Now they are adding new stuff, things that all real games already have. And the future plans add more stuff, that all real games had on release.

So really, there is no "release", no discs with the game on it.  They started charging extra high rates, according to them, during what is normally beta testing; with a half-baked game with 1/3 of what a real game used to have on "release".

The last 2-3 years in development that games used to go through, to get all this stuff in and working, is different now.  Now, they release early anyway, and then go through massive updates as the game finally gets done.

The redeeming feature to me is the Foundry.  I can't keep using this for free, I feel guilty. Gonna have to spend some money :)

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by olepi

This is a fairly new game dynamic: they released a game that is more like 1/3 of a real game, but it's free (sort of). Now they are adding new stuff, things that all real games already have. And the future plans add more stuff, that all real games had on release.

So really, there is no "release", no discs with the game on it.  They started charging extra high rates, according to them, during what is normally beta testing; with a half-baked game with 1/3 of what a real game used to have on "release".

The last 2-3 years in development that games used to go through, to get all this stuff in and working, is different now.  Now, they release early anyway, and then go through massive updates as the game finally gets done.

The redeeming feature to me is the Foundry.  I can't keep using this for free, I feel guilty. Gonna have to spend some money :)

So launching with 12 end game dungeons, with 3 tiers of difficulty, and working PvP is now 1/3rd of a game?  Where have you been for the last 10 years? Most games launch with far less than this.

And how many games have launched anything similar to Gauntlgrym? Oh thats right. None.

[mod edit]

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

...and yet so little reaction from the MMORPG.com community. I think this game has lost it's appeal with a lot of players for two main reasons

1. How the auction house exploits were handled...or rather were not handled in a timely manner.

2. The over priced cash shop. One of the worst around for F2P MMO's. I personally stopped playing soon as I realized how much I had to pay for what I wanted. The prices were not reasonable at all. This has turned many away including me and my friends that played this game.

This. I paid for the Guardian pack and enjoyed the game for what it was in the first week until the flood gates opened.

After that it went rapidly downhill. Both With community and With all the Heavy exploits that trashed the economy.

I have no desire to ever log back into this game nor play any other PWI / Cryptic game.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I played this game off and on for about a month and just lost all interest in it. Im not here to really bash the company or the cash shop prices , I know I wont buy a thing from them personally at the prices but the game just gets really boring after a bit of playing. The classes IMO just are not very fun at all to play for very long. I also do not understand why every single time some stupid asian crappy company is involved in the cash shop processes they have to always add extra teirs of currency. WTF is the point of astral diamonds? seriously why even add that in. Use gold for the auction house and the cash shop use your Zen currency. All these asian companies do this crap and all it does is make things more confusing. Keep it simple like the western free to play games do. All and all , I think someone besides Cryptic could of done a much better job creating the DnD universe for a mmorpg.