Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4/XBOX will not play on same server with pc players.

2»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    its too easy to aim with a mouse, doesnt require any skill at all even my 9 year old brother can aim easily in the fps games i let him play. 
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by tkreep
    its too easy to aim with a mouse, doesnt require any skill at all even my 9 year old brother can aim easily in the fps games i let him play. 

Got to love comments like these. It kinda makes me wonder about people. A mouse is most certainly easier because it is more accurate. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't require any skill. If you want it to be harder increase the sensitivity.

By your standards if a gun is to easy to shoot we should make it weigh more. Which is stupid. Just because something is easy doesn't mean you need to make it harder.

Anyway, that is just an arrogant comment for the most part.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Got to love comments like these. It kinda makes me wonder about people. A mouse is most certainly easier because it is more accurate. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't require any skill. If you want it to be harder increase the sensitivity.

By your standards if a gun is to easy to shoot we should make it weigh more. Which is stupid. Just because something is easy doesn't mean you need to make it harder.

I wasnt comparing it to real life guns i was comparing it to gamepads.  With gamepads you can see the big difference between a rookie player and an expert player when it comes to skill both with sticky targeting turned off, since u want to compare to real life even than you can see the difference between a rookie shooter and a expert.  In both cases it takes a lot more practice to get used to it and become second nature.  While on with a mouse the margin between a newb and a expert is small and that newb will become a expert in no time without much effort granted they are using the same sensitivity.  And when it comes to realism i feel lot more immersed shooting guns using a gamepad than a mouse.  As in I hold the gun up with my left hand to look down the sights and shoot with my right hand.  As someone whos been gaming on consoles and PC equally I dont think its such a arrogant comment.

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

I wasnt comparing it to real life guns i was comparing it to gamepads.  With gamepads you can see the big difference between a rookie player and an expert player when it comes to skill both with sticky targeting turned off, since u want to compare to real life even than you can see the difference between a rookie shooter and a expert.  In both cases it takes a lot more practice to get used to it and become second nature.  While on with a mouse the margin between a newb and a expert is small and that newb will become a expert in no time without much effort granted they are using the same sensitivity.  And when it comes to realism i feel lot more immersed shooting guns using a gamepad than a mouse.  As in I hold the gun up with my left hand to look down the sights and shoot with my right hand.  As someone whos been gaming on consoles and PC equally I dont think its such a arrogant comment.

The thing about accuracy with a controller and a mouse is they are worlds apart. Becoming an expert with a controller doesn't make you any better with a mouse. So in other words you chose the harder controls just for the sake of them being harder even though you would get better results with easier controls.

You also didn't get what I meant by the gun. I meant you are giving yourself a handicap for no reason just for the sake to make it harder. You say a mouse is to easy, so you use a controller. That is like saying you see the screen to easily so you cover half the screen.  You hear to well so you put an ear plug in 1 ear. You are training with a sword but it is to easy to swing so you make it bigger.

In a sense this only makes you worse, not better. If you didn't cover half the screen it's easy but at least you can learn to expand you field of view and get better. If you didn't plug one ear at least you can get better at learning to use that sense. If you didn't make the sword bigger you could have learned to swing the sword faster and increased your agility. If you decided to use a mouse over a controller, you can learn to become more accurate and a faster shooter. It's almost impossible to say a mouse is to easy as you can increase sensitivity to extreme levels.

I rather play with the more accurate controls, because it's more accurate. If I was looking for realism I would simply buy a gun controller which is also even more accurate then a game pad.

Now keep in mind, I am not saying controllers are bad control devices, I am just saying that stating you use a controller because the other is to easy is arrogant and just means you didn't spend enough time with the mouse. You can always improve and make things harder for yourself with out having to change your control interface. Is this area to easy to shoot? Try shooting with in a smaller area then. You where able to turn 180 in 1 second? Try for 0.5 second then. You can always improve and get better.

I learned to walk, I am not going to go back to crawling just because it is harder. Rather, I am going to get better at walking, running, and jumping and I will see you at the finish line.

• FlyinshoeFlyinshoe Member Posts: 2
    That's good news... multiple platforms overall will be good for the game.
  • VendacVendac Member Posts: 39

This is a funny thread.  Guys claiming the console controls are harder.  Ive seen first hand evidence of it.  Mouse and keyboard users destroy gamepad users.  Evidence:  Friend of mine who was a CoD player on PS4.  Started out on gamepad, was OK, 2 KDR or so.  Bought a breakout box to hook up keyboard and mouse.  KDR jumped to 6.  Pretty good evidence IMO.  The crys of "hacker" and all the 12 year olds raging on voice chat were epic. 

Leave the console kiddies on their own server, please.  As much fun as it would be to destroy them over and over in PvP, its not worth the baggage it brings into the community.

You cant fix stupid - Ron White

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Originally posted by immodium
    It's the same reason they don't cross-platform FPS games. PC players pwn console players. IMO you are serverely handicapped using control pads. Response times are not even comparable. I can 360 in a blink of an eye using a keyboard and mouse.

Like i said :) People are afraid of shame to be pawned from guys with gamepad

yes that is clearly the reason they are doing this.....all those people are afraid of losing to someone in a game because they own a controller....

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Hellidol
    Originally posted by bubaluba Originally posted by immodium It's the same reason they don't cross-platform FPS games. PC players pwn console players. IMO you are serverely handicapped using control pads. Response times are not even comparable. I can 360 in a blink of an eye using a keyboard and mouse.
    yes that is clearly the reason they are doing this.....all those people are afraid of losing to someone in a game because they own a controller....

It has nothing to do with what the players fear or want and everything to do with what the owners of the platforms think. There are many things for them to think about.

If Sony participates in a cross platform project, and two of the other platforms are Windows and Xbox, then Sony is essentially helping Microsoft sell something on two different platforms. They may not want Sony customers talking to Microsoft customers in game comparing notes on how the games run. They certainly don't want to risk one group having any sort of advantage, real or perceived in the game, unless it's their own customers who are perceived or who have the advantage. Since the advantage isn't something they can control, they just avoid the issue by not allowing cross platform interactivity.

You can replace "Sony" with "Microsoft" or Nintendo to a large extent in the above paragraph. Nobody wants to take the chance that their platform will be perceived as the "loser" when all the gamers get together to compare notes. Microsoft doesn't even want PC and Xbox players comparing notes too much, since what they want is people buying both platforms, not one or the other.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Hellidol

Originally posted by bubaluba

Originally posted by immodium It's the same reason they don't cross-platform FPS games. PC players pwn console players. IMO you are serverely handicapped using control pads. Response times are not even comparable. I can 360 in a blink of an eye using a keyboard and mouse.

It has nothing to do with what the players fear or want and everything to do with what the owners of the platforms think. There are many things for them to think about.

If Sony participates in a cross platform project, and two of the other platforms are Windows and Xbox, then Sony is essentially helping Microsoft sell something on two different platforms. They may not want Sony customers talking to Microsoft customers in game comparing notes on how the games run. They certainly don't want to risk one group having any sort of advantage, real or perceived in the game, unless it's their own customers who are perceived or who have the advantage. Since the advantage isn't something they can control, they just avoid the issue by not allowing cross platform interactivity.

You can replace "Sony" with "Microsoft" or Nintendo to a large extent in the above paragraph. Nobody wants to take the chance that their platform will be perceived as the "loser" when all the gamers get together to compare notes. Microsoft doesn't even want PC and Xbox players comparing notes too much, since what they want is people buying both platforms, not one or the other.

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense, but even as a supporter of this game I think the benefits of one server for all outweigh the disadvanges of it. In the end, a strong population, vibrant community, not feeling separated from family members or friends on different platforms, outweights all these 'potential' imbalances. I mean, even on separate platforms there are always imbalances that are never resolved, either by someones PC, internet service, latency, wireless versus ethernet, class imbalances, keyboard differences, gaming mouse versus non gaming mouse, etc. They could always preface any controller imbalance by stating "In PVP, we recommend X, however, these differences are minor and may not make a difference in actual play or PVE". There are still some people that insist a controller makes them better than keyboard and mouse...even if I disagree with that :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Having PC and consoles separate is really the only way to fairly do this. Microsoft pulled a HUGELY hyped cross-platform aspect of Windows/XBox Live due to the fact that during testing, PC gamers not only beat the console players, but basically bent them over, spanked them, then made them bite the curb. It isn't reasonable or fair to have a keyboard and mouse user playing against a gamepad user in PvP, well at least not in this style of game with FPS functions.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I think it would be neat if you had one server that the platform determined your faction (ie: xbox vs pc vs ps4).  Then we could settle this like gentlemen!  Somehow though, I doubt anyone could get a large enough players to accept whatever faction their platform would be assigned.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• expletivedeletedexpletivedeleted Member Posts: 1
    nobody is gonna own an xbox so what does that matter? so the only question is. ps4 or pc?