Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried this?

muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
has anyone tried this game or know anything about it?  I tried to look it up on youtube but,  to no avail.  the official site looks kinda sketchy to me.

Comments

• F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124

It sounds interesting, but the site had very little info, no screenshots or videos - I also can't find anything about the game on the net. Which wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but apparently (according to the site) you can DL the client for free but in order you play you have to pay $15 for 30 days (not a sub though) so there doesn't seem to be a trial or anything.

I would like to give it a go, but without a trial - or at the very least more information (there's also no official forum or anything) I won't be paying $15 to try it.

EDIT: I just noticed there's a handful of screenshots here on MMORPG.com, it looks nice enough - but my main concern still stands, I would really like a trial of some sort.

• viewroyaleviewroyale Member Posts: 2

I was just intrigued BECAUSE there was next to no info on it and the screenshots looked cool, so I thought, ah, what the hell, and put the money on it and gave it a spin.

Once I got into the game, I spoke to a developer who was very friendly and helpful, even grouped with him and got a tour of a good portion of the very large game world and learned a ton about the development of the game. Kind of shocked with how polished it was and how big the world was for a game that just dropped out of nowhere. There's 4 races, I think 5 or 6 classes (I've played Witch and Shaman so far, both very cool), class-specific pets that can tank for you, a quest line that runs to level 50 on the continents (the 4 races are split into 4 factions, 2 races on each continent), and I checked out the dungeons too which AREN'T instanced which is such a breath of fresh air (I was sworn to that nothing in the world would ever be instanced!). The PVP is totally open after level 7, too, but I haven't had a chance to give that a go yet as the game apparently just got listed on here and I was one of the first to be on there.

The art direction is really nice IMO -- very nature-y.. the races are made up of Brownies, Weasels (I think), Frog-men and Nocturni (what I chose for my Witch char) which are a Newt-ish looking race that broke off and evolved from the Frog-men. Giant, towering trees all around, lakes to swim in, very cool houses made out of giant acorns.. they're proud of their art direction and I can see why, it's got a unique feel to it.

Pretty quiet so far (it was just me and a developer online the time I played) but I think it's definitely worth a shot. It seems like a passion project and the dev was so grateful for all the ideas and feedback I was coming up with. It was 15 bucks and I ended up having a really fun time rolling quests with a developer and getting in early on what could be a special game if the people come. I still can't believe how freaking put-together and finished it feels (runs smooth, no noteworthy bugs) for a game made in silence by a SMALL development team that has so much love for the old days of non-instanced MMOs.

That sounds awesome, I'll think about it and may give it a go - I'm a huge fan of non-instanced dungeons, so that's cool and I agree the art-style looks nice. I don't really mind the open-PvP, seems interesting and would depend on how the community pans out I suppose.

Anyway, if I do end up dropping the $15 and trying it out I'll be sure to come back here and give some impressions - I do hope they plan on setting up official forums sometime though.

• RezoundRezound Member Posts: 8
    I'm interested but I would want to hear some details on the combat style. Is it action or tab targeting?
  • neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

I downloaded it, but like everyone has stated the site info was so little and vague.

I read the section where it stated it was free to download and you create the account from the login screen. Then beside that is states the game isn't free to play and cost 14.99 a month recurring.

This caused me to delete the installer and say nah. As we all know to many times as a community we get burned from devs. Without seeing a combat video, or a trailer for in game environment basically anything... I couldn't justify breaking out my wallet to try something blind.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

viewroyale
    Novice Member

Ad bot spotted

• rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

The screenshots looked really appealing so I went to their web site. Their incredible minimalist site--one page only! Hit "download trial" and then started reading the fine print. You are installing the client only, by the sound of it, and creating your account. In order to log in and take a look at the actual game, you have to pay.

That's not a trial in any sense of the word, unless one's gullibility is on trial. A demo should show a starting area at least, what character creation is like, a bit of the combat. I wasn't really seeking much, just a tutorial area--a taste of the world, its inhabitants, the graphics, how it'd run. I just cancelled the download.

Still curious, but not paying first to see it in action. Already suspicious of the company based on their idea of a trial. And try googling for screenshots or info--it's like it doesn't exist. >.>

• viewroyaleviewroyale Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

viewroyale
    Novice Member

Ad bot spotted

Not really. Just a usual MMORPG user that pores over the Games List for new stuff all the time, don't really come here to post about games as I usually stick to official game forums, which this game doesn't have for some reason..  I'll try and bug the guy I talked to about putting a vid on Youtube, he also said they were thinking about an hour free demo or something like that.

• BroverpowerdBroverpowerd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Try an account again, just made one, and right now im in game no $$$

I did try it, after Brover indicated it was, in fact, a demo.

Extracted the files, ran the exe. My resolution obviously changes, pushing windows partly off screen, monitors black out, cursor appears...and then...nothing. Resolution goes back to normal, program disappears. 

I downloaded it again, rinse and repeat. Same results. Now I'm eyeing processes and services in task manager with extra scrutiny. Don't see anything odd installed, though.

What beginning mmo doesn't have...an email address? A support forum? I'm the first person to root for the indie devs, but there's something strange about this one. I hope they get their act together and find a way to communicate to their would-be fans and subscribers. The screenies were enticing.

• RezoundRezound Member Posts: 8
    That basically sums up what I went through as well. Black screen, then nothing... followed by cautious checking of running processes.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Now I'm intrigued to figure what this game is about...

Alright, so if I create a new account I may be able to play it (a trial) without paying? I'll give it another go - something interesting: The game has been updated twice over the last day or so, from 1.4 to 1.5 and now again a new version I'm DLing now.

I'll see how this goes, depending on if I can play for free or not I may just buy the 30 days - I have quite the urge to see what the game's about.

I do hope they'll expand their site, get some screenshots and gameplay videos up and make an official forum - 'cos I'd like to spread the word and see if I can generate a bit more interest in the game, but as it stands there's not alot to show apart from: You can play it for $15 but there's no info.

I logged in, and the programmer said he would quest with me a bit and explain the game. He said they created their own engine, and have been working on it for 12 years. Right now his 3 most important features he needs to add into the game is 1) better the auto attack animations 2) jump (which was removed to fix a bug) 3) a map. He said it will be open world pvp, nothing instanced. Seems pretty cool actually.

Yup, it seems there's now a time-limited trial in place - I got to play the game for an hour or so (I think) but I had to create a new account to take advantage it.

The game's not bad at all, it's pretty standard theme-park style questing, the graphics are nice IMO - the art-style anyway, is quite cool. The races and classes are interesting, I have what seems to be a squirrel-guy Death Knight which is pretty wicked - I have a bunch of DoT, life-leech etc and the combat works well.

I'd say it's definitely worth a DL just to try it out, you may well enjoy it - I sure did and now I'm super tempted to buy some game time. My only problem, is that while I was playing I did a /who all and there was me and 2 others - in the entire game (I think) which is kind of a shame - 'cos I think this game could be wonderful with more players.

Open-world, theme-park style PvE, non-instanced dungeons, open-PvP, (after level 7) unique art-style and race/class combinations: If this sounds good to you, go try the game out!

• mmobootsymmobootsy Member Posts: 48

Okay I'm going to give it a try now too.

I was very hesitant when I saw it listed here yesterday and looked it up, because I couldn't even find any information on the company, let alone the game. Afraid it was a scam, but if it's free to play, even for a little bit, I'll give it a shot!

Any idea about harvesting / crafting?

Based on the comment about the download being updated, (although how they could *know* that when the file is named exactly the same, I'm not sure) I tried it yet again just now. Still a blank screen, cursor, and blip, gone. Makes me nervous. But my hubby pointed out that trojans and malware must hide to survive--any scam presented as a game would be detected and publicized as harmful so fast, it wouldn't be worth their effort, so that cheered me up.

That said, I finally noticed the open world pvp nature of the game, which isn't what I expected from the woodsy, nature-loving look of it... I guess the wilderness is kind of pvp, but I prefer to live and let live, unless pvp is contained in battlegrounds. But I know there are ardent fans of open pvp and for every gamer, every niche, hopefully there's a game to offer them the experience they most want. I won't make any further attempts to download this and watch my monitors black out momentarily, unless I read about a pve server being added, though. Don't want those other two people online to beat me up! I kid, I kid...

Oh well! I try a ton of games, just for the joy of experimenting, since the possibility is always out there to find another hidden gem or even a gem overhyped but still sparkly all the same. :)

• mmobootsymmobootsy Member Posts: 48
    I tried it for a little bit, but found the graphics too basic for my tastes. Graphics aren't everything, but these are a bit too distant from what I like to see on my screen.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    You guys should post some screen shots of combat here if allowed.  If there is no screen-shot keymapped, try windowed mode and [Print Screen].  I might download and make a quick video of the trial.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• najob75najob75 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by mmobootsy
    I tried it for a little bit, but found the graphics too basic for my tastes. Graphics aren't everything, but these are a bit too distant from what I like to see on my screen.

Yup, graphics is very simple, and i couldnt adjust screen resolution.

Also, i had problem with controls.

Anyway, its free (for a while anyway), so no reason not to try it yourself :)

EDIT

Screen resolution is working.

In terms of visuals, I find the models pretty basic and alot of the textures are pixelated BUT I do think it looks rather nice, the atmosphere is great - so if you can look past it's lack of technical prowess, you should be fine. Also, a tip: Changing the resolution works, but (I think) you need to restart the client for it to take effect - I have the game at 1920x1080 with texture-filtering and draw distance up and it looks pretty good IMO.

I had enough fun in my trial and wanted to keep playing my Squirrel-DK so I bought the 30-days, I think the games good fun and the worlds really big - it just needs more players. Also, I noticed there's some form of alternate-advancement once you reach lvl 50 - your Exp goes into advancement points to spend on different attributes, which is cool.

I've mainly been questing from hub to hub, as you do - but I went for a (long) run into the wilderness, found some wisps (seems there are mobs around that aren't related to quests) and found they dropped various magic trinkets - this motivated me to explore more, another long run (there's also no map, just a compass - I got lost) and eventually found some elite-mob level 50 ghost-thing... I teleported back to safety.

Anyway, fun times - I do hope more people try this, it's a bit lonely out in the wilderness.

Oh and here's some SS:

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t571/Pelarius118/ScreenShot002_zps2b86794f.jpg

I'm in a snowy forest atm.

Fighting a ice-worm-thing:

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t571/Pelarius118/ScreenShot003_zps2080fb95.jpg

Sitting by the fire in the village:

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t571/Pelarius118/ScreenShot006_zps732e1d14.jpg

• shibonoryushibonoryu Member Posts: 23
    I'm going to download it one more time and try running it again, but like others all I get is a black screen, some blips, more black screen, then back to desktop.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Downloaded 1.5, then when I start it tells me to go and download new version which is 1.5. Eh? Anyone has a solution?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Currently I think it is offline. The new build has made it unplayable. I know the dev watched this forum as of yesterday, and I talked with him. So, please fix the client!
    Originally posted by Broverpowerd
    Currently I think it is offline. The new build has made it unplayable. I know the dev watched this forum as of yesterday, and I talked with him. So, please fix the client!

I haven't played yet today, I'll check it out soon and report on my findings :)