Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

FFXIV:ARR PC and PS3 clarification

Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon

So ok, can someone clarify this for me please!!!

I have the Pc CE version since release and now I have pre-orrdered the PS3 standard version. My preorder gives me some moogle cap and minion and early access. I have already recieved my early access code from amazon. What I want to know is can I add that "code" to my original SE account so there will be 2 FFXIVARR accounts. a PC and a PS3 version. Or do I have to make a new SE account for the PS3 version.

image

Comments

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLPosts: 619Member Uncommon

    Don't quote me on this....but I BELIEVE that would depend on what you do.  You already have a PC CE, I'm going to assume that you already registered it, etc on your PC and your account before ARR.  

    So, your SE account already has that applied to it.  Applying the ps3 code to your account i believe will simply allow you to download the client onto your ps3 and then log into your account that already exists.

    Creating another account will just cause you problems, because then you wont be able to log into the same account on both machines, as you will have created an entire separate account and have applied the key to it.

     

  • KhrymsonKhrymson Eorzea, MOPosts: 3,090Member

    This should answer your question:

    • The Pre-order bonus key and the game license key aren't tied together. When you pre-order, you will get a serial number on your purchase statement for the bonuses. You can either add the pre-order bonus serial number to your existing 1.0 CE account for the in-game items, or save it for the Sony Entertainment Network(SEN) account for the PS3. When you do finally get a PS3, you may register the CE PS3 game version license key on the SEN account. At that time, you can choose to either tie your PC account to your PS3 account or make a new one. You won't be able to dual box if you tie them together though. If you make a new PS3 account, it will also get the new CE in-game bonus items (like your 1.0 CE PC account) and you'll be able dual box as well. It comes down to if you want to dual box and pay for another subscription account or not.
     
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Khrymson

    This should answer your question:

    • The Pre-order bonus key and the game license key aren't tied together. When you pre-order, you will get a serial number on your purchase statement for the bonuses. You can either add the pre-order bonus serial number to your existing 1.0 CE account for the in-game items, or save it for the Sony Entertainment Network(SEN) account for the PS3. When you do finally get a PS3, you may register the CE PS3 game version license key on the SEN account. At that time, you can choose to either tie your PC account to your PS3 account or make a new one. You won't be able to dual box if you tie them together though. If you make a new PS3 account, it will also get the new CE in-game bonus items (like your 1.0 CE PC account) and you'll be able dual box as well. It comes down to if you want to dual box and pay for another subscription account or not.
     

    so confused -_-.. maybe ill try rereading that not at 3am..... 

    image

  • Kayo83Kayo83 Hollywood, FLPosts: 146Member

    I read somewhere that youll have to merge to SE PSN account to that of your PC.

    na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

    Click on "Important Notices" on the top right...

     


    Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3

    Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

     

    Probably still confusing as there is really no procedure on "tying" the accounts together. Id call before you put in your PS3 key, unless it comes with detailed instructions.

  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    The thing is PC version is going to be for me and the PS3 version is going to be for my brother so he can play with me, but sometimes I would or might like to play on the PS3 with my PC account because I might want to just play chilling on the couch... If I do so, should I make a new PS3 account to play MY PC version on it or use my brother PS3 account because of the whoel linking issue. Im just afraid once i linked my PC to a my brother PS3 account, we cant log on at the same time or something.

    image

  • XerenixXerenix BPosts: 235Member
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    The thing is PC version is going to be for me and the PS3 version is going to be for my brother so he can play with me, but sometimes I would or might like to play on the PS3 with my PC account because I might want to just play chilling on the couch... If I do so, should I make a new PS3 account to play MY PC version on it or use my brother PS3 account because of the whoel linking issue. Im just afraid once i linked my PC to a my brother PS3 account, we cant log on at the same time or something.

    Here is how it goes:

     

    You got your account on PC.

     

    1. You buy the PS3 version and get a new code and if you want your PC account to work on PS3, you need to register  that on your PC account.

    You won't be able to play on both PC and PS3 at the same time but you can use the same characters.

     

    Or

     

     

    2. You buy the PS3 version and get a new code, you start a new SE account and apply the code to it.

    You can play both PC and PS3 at the same time however it's 2 different accounts and you can't play the same characters on PS3 as the PC account.

    New account will only play on PS3 as it's a PS3 key and the old account only on PC as it's only a PC code attached to it.

  • Kayo83Kayo83 Hollywood, FLPosts: 146Member
    That I have no idea. It depends how it works I guess. My assumption is itll be done something like Netflix where you only sign in once and it autologs you in after you put in a code it gives you. Are you able to log in to different PSN accounts using the same PS3? Never tried it myself. Shouldnt be a problem if you can, so long as you link your PS3 key to your account.

    Youll probably still need to get 2 different PS3 versions for each. If anything, check how the process goes with the PS3 setup first before linking yours or opening your packaging at all. Also, id call before I link the accounts just to make sure.

    There is no place to redeem the pre-order code yet but im sure you can just redeem that one through your PC account when the time comes.
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kayo83
    That I have no idea. It depends how it works I guess. My assumption is itll be done something like Netflix where you only sign in once and it autologs you in after you put in a code it gives you. Are you able to log in to different PSN accounts using the same PS3? Never tried it myself. Shouldnt be a problem if you can, so long as you link your PS3 key to your account.

    Youll probably still need to get 2 different PS3 versions for each. If anything, check how the process goes with the PS3 setup first before linking yours or opening your packaging at all. Also, id call before I link the accounts just to make sure.

    There is no place to redeem the pre-order code yet but im sure you can just redeem that one through your PC account when the time comes.

    Yes you can log into different PSN accounts using the same PS3 but you need to make another Profile. Kinda like a User for a WindowsOS.

     

    ---

     

    Edit: I found this from their site support/faq, dont know if it is clearing things up for me or anything though...

     

     

    ?Unfortunately, you can only register a single product code (a code that comes with every copy of the PlayStation 3 version) to a Square Enix account. Please do not purchase more than one copy if you are planning to register them under the same Square Enix account.

    The only way for you to create multiple service accounts with the PlayStation 3 version is to purchase additional registration codes through the “FFXIV Service Center” website which will be available after launch. Please note that you will need an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account in order to access this website.

    ?Friends and family members playing alternatively with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    If multiple people wish to play alternatively on the same console, you will need to prepare a user profile for every person. Once the user profiles are prepared, you can simply switch the user profile accordingly.

    Does this mean PC players can play on PS3 by creating multiple profile with their own PSN accounts??


    Please be sure everyone has the following items ready.
    - A Square Enix account
    - A Sony Entertainment Network account
    - A copy of the PlayStation 3 version

    ?Friends and family members playing simultaneously with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    In this situation, each person will need a PlayStation 3 console.

    image

  • tats27tats27 Wilmington, DEPosts: 76Member

    I'm just going to answer your 1st question.

     

    Your Pre order code is completely independent of everything else. If you want to apply that code to your 1.0 account, you can with no trouble.

  • Kayo83Kayo83 Hollywood, FLPosts: 146Member
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

    ?Friends and family members playing alternatively with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    If multiple people wish to play alternatively on the same console, you will need to prepare a user profile for every person. Once the user profiles are prepared, you can simply switch the user profile accordingly.

    Does this mean PC players can play on PS3 by creating multiple profile with their own PSN accounts??

    Could be you only need the disc to be able to install/play on PS3. Just do this, buy both PS3 copies but only open your brothers copy and see if you can get into both accounts with one copy. If you can, return the extra copy, if you cant then you just get what you need from your PS3 copy. /shrug

    Sounds too good to be true though.  That means I would essentially be able to play on my PS3/PS4 if I could just borrow the game to install to my HDD.

  • OmaliOmali MMO Business Correspondent Orchard Park, NYPosts: 1,114Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kayo83
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

    ?Friends and family members playing alternatively with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    If multiple people wish to play alternatively on the same console, you will need to prepare a user profile for every person. Once the user profiles are prepared, you can simply switch the user profile accordingly.

    Does this mean PC players can play on PS3 by creating multiple profile with their own PSN accounts??

    Could be you only need the disc to be able to install/play on PS3. Just do this, buy both PS3 copies but only open your brothers copy and see if you can get into both accounts with one copy. If you can, return the extra copy, if you cant then you just get what you need from your PS3 copy. /shrug

    Sounds too good to be true though.  That means I would essentially be able to play on my PS3/PS4 if I could just borrow the game to install to my HDD.

    You won't be able to return it once it's opened, just so you know. Stores don't accept returns of DC Universe Online on the PS3 for the same reason, one time use codes.

    Check out my monthly column on MMORPG.com.

    image

  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kayo83
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

    ?Friends and family members playing alternatively with multiple Square Enix accounts:
    If multiple people wish to play alternatively on the same console, you will need to prepare a user profile for every person. Once the user profiles are prepared, you can simply switch the user profile accordingly.

    Does this mean PC players can play on PS3 by creating multiple profile with their own PSN accounts??

    Could be you only need the disc to be able to install/play on PS3. Just do this, buy both PS3 copies but only open your brothers copy and see if you can get into both accounts with one copy. If you can, return the extra copy, if you cant then you just get what you need from your PS3 copy. /shrug

    Sounds too good to be true though.  That means I would essentially be able to play on my PS3/PS4 if I could just borrow the game to install to my HDD.

    Well I probably dont have to go this route of buying 2 copies haha. I guess Ill just not play my PC on the PS3 till I get more info thru searchs and when game is finally released.

    image

  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,561Member Uncommon
    You have to use your brothers PSN to play final fantasy but when your in final fantasy just log on as your final fantasy account
  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,361Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tkreep
    You have to use your brothers PSN to play final fantasy but when your in final fantasy just log on as your final fantasy account

    But will that link my account to his. Cause we still want to be on at the same time to play together. That is my main concern, will it be linked and then we cant play same time.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.