Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is new for next phase of testing?

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I sure am excited.

Too bad I don't have a key.

Yet...

Anyone wants to help out with that, I have a PC and a PS3 so...

*Yes, this is a very shameful thing I am doing - and probably against MMORPG.com's TOS.

Any word on if anything is changing between the different weekends of this phase?

Is anyone allowed to post patch notes or anything like that?

And where are all the pics from this past weekend?

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I sure am excited.

Yet...

*Yes, this is a very shameful thing I am doing - and probably against MMORPG.com's TOS.

Any word on if anything is changing between the different weekends of this phase?

Too bad you didnt speak up sooner i just gave away my PS3 code a little while ago.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by tkreep

I sure am excited.

Too bad you didnt speak up sooner i just gave away my PS3 code a little while ago.

Oh trust me, I saw.

Maybe it'll be better the more I have to wait to get my grubby little mits on this game.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

I sure am excited.

Yet...

Main thing next weekend is import of 1.0 characters, the weekend after will see the implementation of the Duty Finder (Group Finder).

Ask and you shall recieve:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/15/check-out-676-screenshots-from-the-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-beta-3/

676 pictures for your enjoyment!

Originally posted by tkreep

I sure am excited.

Oh trust me, I saw.

Maybe it'll be better the more I have to wait to get my grubby little mits on this game.

It is better if you wait til open beta at least, because of how surprised i was by how good the game is I do regret spoiling my self before release especially considering that my character will get wiped.  But I made my self not get too far into the game just up to 15 and made new character to experience the other starter cities and classes/races

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Moodsor

I sure am excited.

Yet...

Main thing next weekend is import of 1.0 characters, the weekend after will see the implementation of the Duty Finder (Group Finder).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/15/check-out-676-screenshots-from-the-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-beta-3/

Is the import to just bring how the chars look and their name?

Originally posted by Kuppa

I sure am excited.

Yet...

No the actual characters are being brought over in preparation for launch, for them to test legacy characters. Lodestone is being brought up aswell in a beta version (new version of Lodestone)

I sure am excited.

Yet...

No the actual characters are being brought over in preparation for launch, for them to test legacy characters. Lodestone is being brought up aswell in a beta version (new version of Lodestone)

Sorry for my denseness, but you mean bringing them over with their current levels and/or items??!!

I sure am excited.

Yet...

Sorry for my denseness, but you mean bringing them over with their current levels and/or items??!!

Yes there will be legacy servers at launch for those with characters from 1.0, they will not be able to transfer to the new servers for the first 6 months.

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

You actually still need both. The PS3 code itself is useless if you don't already have a beta code. Just keep that in mind.  

I too am seeking a PS3 code only. I already have access to the beta but would be great to try it out on PS3. 

Vivik-Cerberus

I sure am excited.

Yet...

Yes there will be legacy servers at launch for those with characters from 1.0, they will not be able to transfer to the new servers for the first 6 months.

ohhh wow thank you for that info. Makes my decision to go to a "new" server that much more important. Would not want to be stuck with a bunch of established characters from the start.

BTW is there any site that has info on the servers? More than just legacy and new but timezones and other flags like RP, pvp etc..?

Sweet! Thanks!

I sure am excited.

Yet...

ohhh wow thank you for that info. Makes my decision to go to a "new" server that much more important. Would not want to be stuck with a bunch of established characters from the start.

BTW is there any site that has info on the servers? More than just legacy and new but timezones and other flags like RP, pvp etc..?

http://xivstatus.com/

Thats the best I can do, theres no PVE/PVP or RP flags on them im afraid.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

I sure am excited.

Yet...

And more here, max settings + sweetfx (custom setting)

http://www.excessum-gaming.com/gallery/m/10248667/album/139078

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

The Japanese gets all the cool server names.  I wanted to be on Bahamut
    As far as I know they have not released any info on how long it will be before they allow character transfers from the legacy servers.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Khebeln

I sure am excited.

Yet...

And more here, max settings + sweetfx (custom setting)

http://www.excessum-gaming.com/gallery/m/10248667/album/139078

What awesome gpu are you using!?

I use Asus 680 Dcu2 and i7 OC to 5.5ghz game runs extremely well from 60-120 fps. Even with 100-200 people on the screen.

If you are interested in sweetfx settings you can find them here http://www.excessum-gaming.com/forum/post/last/m/10248673/viewthread/5522491-sweetfx-injector-make-your-games-look-lot-better#last

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    You won't have to wait long at all, as luck is on your side today it seems.

Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected. In this case, I should think "interesting" would suffice.
    --Spock in 'The Squire of Gothos'
  • punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Op do you still need a PS3 beta key?
  • punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by punkrock2

Yes!

I got a beta key, yet would love to be able to test on PS3 as that is where my pre-order is for.

If anyone else has a PS3 promo code I will gladly take it of your hands also. 

Edit: Nvm turned my ps3 on just now and there was one in my inbox lol...

Vivik-Cerberus
  • markariusmarkarius Member Posts: 7

Do u know any website where i can get beta key for PC for incoming beta weekend?

• FruxyFruxy Member Posts: 32
    Soon.. beta, soon... can FF XIV be sci-fi /drool.  OK maybe not, but still I want!
  • oxyfireoxyfire Member Posts: 9
    If anyone has a pc beta key to give away it would be very much appreciated!
  • zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Not to get off subject , but I would hate to start a thread for a simple question. What is a Legacy Server/character? /bow