Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What ARE you playing?

SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

These forums are full of opinions on the new games and what is up-and-coming.  I'm wondering what games are you devoting your time to now.  so...

What game/s are you playing recently?

For me it is Firefall Beta, Dragon's Prophet, and some Path of Exile.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

I'm temporarily between games.  *twitch* *twitch* 

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Mainly EVE Online. Then switching to multiple RTSsssssss (more info in sig).
  • Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

I'm still playing (well, more like creating) Neverwinter Night 1

I got pretty tired of the same-old same-old of every new game that comes out.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Heavy modded Skyrim and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.   Waiting for Rise of the Triad.

MMOs and MMORPGs and trends in this part if industry are disappointing  and I am tired of microtransactions in multiplatyer games as well.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Defiance, Rift, with some other stuff mixed in at times.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Grim Dawn alpha

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• chrisatronchrisatron Member Posts: 139

Starcraft 2

...errm

Tomb Raider 3 =]

I'm giving MMO's a break because well... they're all quite dire. After FFXI everything feels rather bleh. Even FFXIV ARR looks pretty meh. 

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    A lot of the games being mentioned here aren't MMOs :(
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    WOW, GW2, World of Tanks, and League of Legends mainly. 

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    DayZ (and mod variants) occasionally, beyond that, nothing for the past 4-5 months.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Salem atm, I am also checking out Uncharted Waters Online.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Asherons Call and various single player games.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Thanks for the responses.  A few titles are in there that I haven't tried, which I might give a go.  Seems like many of us carry similar sentiments in terms of gaming for the time being.  Perhaps things will change.  Perhaps not.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by maplestone
    A lot of the games being mentioned here aren't MMOs :(

The thread title says nothing about MMOs.

Myself, while I installed STO for shits and giggles, I found it very boring and haven't logged in for a couple of weeks.  I'm about to uninstall it and maybe go back to playing Skyrim, I haven't decided yet.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Dragon's Prophet, Smite, EVE, DUST 514 and Combat Arms.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Uncharted Waters Online

No, really, I'm playing that right this second, in a different window.  I'm sailing from Tumbes to Marseille.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

GW2 mostly with some TSW.

And then a slew of single player games.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Ummmm....Well I've been trolling people in Guild Wars 2 for some time now on Map Chat ever since I lost interest in the game. And I've been thinking of hitting up something older like Everquest 2....Other than that I've also been waiting on an indie developed bara sex game, it's got great art and I hear it's got an intriguing plot.

.....Yep....

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    My friend just got into GW1 so I've been playing that with him and my wife lately. Also, I've been playing Fallen Enchantress while I wait for Rome II.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Uncharted Waters Online

No, really, I'm playing that right this second, in a different window.  I'm sailing from Tumbes to Marseille.

Do you know of any games like UWO that aren't so... anime? I'd love to get into it but the whole anime look really turns me off. :(

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by stayBlind
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Uncharted Waters Online

Do you know of any games like UWO that aren't so... anime? I'd love to get into it but the whole anime look really turns me off. :(

It doesn't look particularly anime to me.  Then again, I'm not sure what an anime version of 16th century ships sailing around would look like.

Koei lives in their own universe, so if you want something like a Koei game, your only real choice is a Koei game.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Frankly...I'm ruined.

I have found only one game that made me play it. DAOC. Been playing it on and off for 11 years.I have just started what will be an extended off period(and I don't think I'll ever return)

DAOC ruined me for any other game that doesn't have outstanding faction vs faction conflict

Sooooo.....I wander,  not finding an acceptable alternative(and not playing any mmog with any regularity)

• stanhousestanhouse Member UncommonPosts: 5
    All these comments on uncharted waters online are making me think about playing it again. Was a fun game got to rank 15 on 3 crafting skills and got bored. But diablo 3 , swg emu , uo, and a couple betas. mostly just buying time for one of the new sandboxes. 
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    LoL, with occasional lapses into DDO and WoW.