Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love the game but not being able to quit mid dungeon kills it.

ClownzillaClownzilla Member Posts: 2
I absolutly love this game but I have run into a problem that is killing the fun for me.  I tend to solo quite a bit and I tend to play the game in small chunks due to the limited free time I have. I ended up playing a dungeon a couple of days ago (something about chasing some lady through a crypt) and it just kept going on and on. I would have nothing wrong with this but after an hour of play I had other things to do with my life. I would have nothing wrong with me being able to stop at one of those fires and be able to start my game later in the same spot. However, when you leave the game it kicks you out of the dungeon and  you have to fight ALL THE MONSTERS AGAIN! I really don't see a problem with letting a gamer that plays solo stop and start where he pleases when it comes down to instances. Without this feature there is no way I'm going to waste my time and then be backtracked just because I have a household chore to do or something.

Comments

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

I understand what you are saying but I don’t think they have the server space to save instances for individuals or groups.  That would create quite a mess.

What I do is make sure I have a good block of time available before I enter the dungeon.  You can always stop briefly (at a safe location) inside the dungeon if real life calls.

I’m just happy a game exists which allows a soloer to experience a dungeon.  There aren’t many online games like this out there so savor it.  Not being able to save inside the dungeon is a minor annoyance to me.

• UO4everUO4ever Member Posts: 38

Was this a Foundry quest ?

Some of the guys making that stuff *really* don't understand pacing and quest design too well..

• ClownzillaClownzilla Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by UO4ever

Was this a Foundry quest ?

Some of the guys making that stuff *really* don't understand pacing and quest design too well..

It was Cragsteep Crypt. After reading about it more the biggest complaint was the length of the quest. It was a fun dungeon to solo as a level 15 guardian fighter but it would not end.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I suppose if you play solo all the time what other players do really doesn't impact you much.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

So the numerous exploits that are appearing is not killing the game for you?

Players with 1,000,000,000+ Astral Diamonds does not ruin the game for you?

Players exploiting the ability to duplicate rank 4-5  enchantments doesn't ruin the game for you?

Players exploiting the foundry for extremely fast experience doesn't ruin the game for you?

Players exploiting the epic dungeon bosses to earn infinite tokens for endgame gear does ruin it for you?

Players exploiting the PvP battlegrounds to AFK bot for free experience doesn't ruin the game for you?

I find it funny that it's not the exploits that's ruining your game. But the simple inability to leave mid dungeon that's ruining your experience.

To be fair, if a player has absolutely no intention of spending any money to buy Zen or compete with others, those exploits won't actually negatively impact their experience. Only an exploit that allows their account to be hacked or other players to grief them (*cough* 24 hour mute and automated keyword bans *cough*) could really be used to ruin their experience.

I'm puzzled to hear that there's no leaving long instances halfway through though, given Cryptic has allowed that in Champions Online's Adventure Packs and Comic Series and it doesn't involve saving entire instance states (you just use milestones and each milestone has its own assumed set of states, which is set when the mission was being designed).

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Players exploiting the ability to duplicate rank 4-5  enchantments doesn't ruin the game for you?

Players exploiting the foundry for extremely fast experience doesn't ruin the game for you?

Players exploiting the epic dungeon bosses to earn infinite tokens for endgame gear does ruin it for you?

Players exploiting the PvP battlegrounds to AFK bot for free experience doesn't ruin the game for you?

I find it funny that it's not the exploits that's ruining your game. But the simple inability to leave mid dungeon that's ruining your experience.

You're such a rage machine, dude. Every time I see you on a forum I know i'm going to be entertained by one of your new rants. 

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128

PW are very greedy, they will try to get the money and run before the game collapses.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272

no to all of the above.

Why should I care what other people do with their time, characters, game or whatever... no it doesnt affect me at all.

The diamonds are theirs - great. The enchantments are theirs, great - the XP from the foundries is for them only, great, the tokens are for them, its not like their finite, they will drop for me also lol... and pvp in a D&D game? really? lol...

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    I suppose if you play solo all the time what other players do really doesn't impact you much.

To get the most out of any MMO he will have to join in activities that will cause other players to effect him. Sure, if he solos and ignores everyone, and quits in 2 weeks(trust me this game ain't going to hold a soloers attention for long) - no it has no impact. But if he tries to make a home in this hacker/exploiter/bot haven he will become very agitated with it.