Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

It is a feature that you have to log on every day?

It is a feature that you cant sell used games?

Well, in that case, can I turn those features of?

No? Then it is not a feature but rather a limitation. In any case, I dont want it and not going to buy an XBox one.

I am a PC gamer but I might buy a PS4 just to support the fact that they are not using these "features".

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.  
    you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it

personally, I can't think of a single aaa pc exclusive that is a must have and also has such amazing graphics that put current gen consoles to shame.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

When i want a gaming console, i buy a PS4.

When i want a media-apparatus that restricts me, demands from me & robs me, i buy an XBOX1.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Iselin

Sort of reminds me of when Al Gore invented the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

You don't get much right do you?

Actually in the context he used that it was perfectly suitable.I think something just went flying over your head.

Actually the context is different between the two, in actual context he did do what he said he did because he was the biggest pusher of the creation of ARPNET which became the first network to use packet switching with TCP/IP and became the backbone of the modern internet. But...it seems that went over your head...perhaps much of the English language does if you cant understand the difference between "invented" and "created". One being original thought and the other being brought into being.

He was one of the many that brought it into being and even Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn credit him for making the internet as it is today with the bills he pushed and studies he did to promote it. Like the very first internet bill S 2594 back in 1986...by Gore.

Too many people don't freaking get the fact that what you are using today, wasn't implemented until 1993 and came out of the GORE BILL of 1991. Hell, even the man that invented the original ARPA stated that if it wasn't for Gore ARPANET wouldn't exist on a national level let alone a gobal one.

Damn both of you for making me defend that man and reminding me he wasn't a total waste and did some good.

Sure you could look at it in a factual way but I don't think Iselin was referring to the facts but the internet meme that "Al Gore invented the Internet" now is

Al Gore was instrumental in what the internet eventually became I think everyone knows that but that speech he gave left him open to being poked fun at.I don't think it bothers him at all.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Still total control by MS.

Nomatter how nice you put it its still total control.

They just ask your money but you dont realy have any to say or freedom to do whatever you want with the game or box.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Opapanax
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Shodanas
    It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.

you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it image

You act like console games don't come with top of the line graphics, don't talk like PS3 and Xbox 360 are boasting atari sprites and pixalated foregrounds

Compare to highend PC its NO, sorry i crushed your dream.

XBOX ONE and PS4 maybe good graphics now and finally also DX11 but they even can't still compete with high end pc of this moment let alone high end PC end of the year when AMD comes with 8xxx videocards.

Desktop will always win for many reason but that don't mean its becouse of that most favorite no prolly not but its best of the best.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/13/six-reasons-the-pc-is-winning-e3/

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by GroovyFlower
    Originally posted by Opapanax Originally posted by Phry Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather. and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it
    You act like console games don't come with top of the line graphics, don't talk like PS3 and Xbox 360 are boasting atari sprites and pixalated foregrounds

XBOX ONE and PS4 maybe good graphics now and finally also DX11 but they even can't still compete with high end pc of this moment let alone high end PC end of the year when AMD comes with 8xxx videocards.

Desktop will always win for many reason but that don't mean its becouse of that most favorite no prolly not but its best of the best.

If Japanese developers supported the pc platform as much as consoles, I would share your sentiments.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Originally posted by Shodanas
    It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it image

LoL Haha You're not crushing any dreams man. You aren't really saying much preaching about grahpics because both systmes boast very clean graphic in plenty of games.

When it comes down to what consoles are about and are built to perform over near decades the graphics they boast are pretty impressive, of course they won't match that of the "highest" end PC's but then again those high end PC's can cost more than double the price of the PS4 and XBox One.

You're stretching your statement out in an attempt for it to be the number one choice, when really there are many options. Like I said, your talking like these current gen systems are not pushing the envelopes in their own areas when it comes to graphics and for the more avid and true gamers out there. We've long realized that games are more than graphics.

Visuals mean squat if the gameplay is shit. Impressive graphics should be considered a plus, no matter if they are the most crisp of the crisp or whatever. I think you might be trying to avoid some inconvient truth yourself, that not only are consoles a viable options to game on but also that many PC players are looking at these next-gen systems and are seriously considering jumping ship.

If you don't like console gaming thats find, thats your choice, but don't try to come out and totally through out these improvements that have come over the years in the console market. It just makes you seem like youre out to hate and ignore the truths that are in front of you man.

Yes PC gaming will always be around for it has its market and is doing well. But a convient truth is consoles are just as tried and true as PC gaming.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by Avarix
    Originally posted by Mannish

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its toon soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

All info can be found here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

If you have to work this hard to sell something, maybe it's because it's not worth buying.

Well put sir, well put . ^^

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    ALl in all , this is NOT about system specs and gizmos. Yes the Xboxone does have some nice features but this is about consumer rights more than anything else. If you can't see that then good luck while your behind is lubed up by MS.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by GroovyFlower Originally posted by Opapanax Originally posted by Phry Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather. and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it
    Compare to highend PC its NO, sorry i crushed your dream. XBOX ONE and PS4 maybe good graphics now and finally also DX11 but they even can't still compete with high end pc of this moment let alone high end PC end of the year when AMD comes with 8xxx videocards. Desktop will always win for many reason but that don't mean its becouse of that most favorite no prolly not but its best of the best. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/13/six-reasons-the-pc-is-winning-e3/
    LoL Haha You're not crushing any dreams man. You aren't really saying much preaching about grahpics because both systmes boast very clean graphic in plenty of games.

When it comes down to what consoles are about and are built to perform over near decades the graphics they boast are pretty impressive, of course they won't match that of the "highest" end PC's but then again those high end PC's can cost more than double the price of the PS4 and XBox One.

You're stretching your statement out in an attempt for it to be the number one choice, when really there are many options. Like I said, your talking like these current gen systems are not pushing the envelopes in their own areas when it comes to graphics and for the more avid and true gamers out there. We've long realized that games are more than graphics.

Visuals mean squat if the gameplay is shit. Impressive graphics should be considered a plus, no matter if they are the most crisp of the crisp or whatever. I think you might be trying to avoid some inconvient truth yourself, that not only are consoles a viable options to game on but also that many PC players are looking at these next-gen systems and are seriously considering jumping ship.

If you don't like console gaming thats find, thats your choice, but don't try to come out and totally through out these improvements that have come over the years in the console market. It just makes you seem like youre out to hate and ignore the truths that are in front of you man.

Yes PC gaming will always be around for it has its market and is doing well. But a convient truth is consoles are just as tried and true as PC gaming.

It is telling that the "next gen" console graphics were running on a PC. That means right now PCs can display whatever the consoles can display. PCs don't have to overtake consoles, they are already on par with them. Combine that with games like Bioshock Infinite being developed for the PC first, then ported to consoles, and you'll see the future. This is the last generation of consoles. The future will be gaming PCs and tablets or even phones with wireless HDMI.

Maybe that's why Microsoft is going for broke with the XBone. They can't seem to make any waves in the tablet or phone market against Google and Apple, so they are going to try and make a high profit, low volume splash in the console market.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I really don't see how people think this is the last generation of consoles. There will be a solid market for consoles for a good time to come..

Consoles are not PC's the only company that is trying to make it seem like that is Microsoft and their product. Sony and especially Nintendo have a strong focus on what they consider console gaming to be. PC gaming is not an absolute option, it hasn't been for the last 30 years consoles have been around. So how in the world do people forsee some infamous end to consoles now.

It's not too strange, cause I'm sure folks were saying the same thing back when Playstation 1 came out or back even when the NES first realeased. 25+ years later, where have consoles gone? No where, they are still here. Still pushing their envelopes in tech and games. E3 is a great example of the success of console gaming, it has boombed greatly off the success of Sony, Nintendo and Microsofts console developments.

It's understandable being on a PC oriented site that people wouldn't be as inclined to accept console gaming, but outright trying to say that it is near obsolete is just foolish. Especially with more and more of the PC crowd asking for more and more PC ports of console games. If consoles were that much of a bad choice. Why even attempt to play consoles games? Why ask for games like The Division, DUST 514, etc, etc..

Some people prefer to PC game some people prefer to play their games on consoles. It's okay, you can have your cake and eat it to in that regard. Unless you are financially unable there is nothing stopping you from having both and getting well out of your monies worth.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

To the people keep touting high end PC as the ultimate gaming system, well that's true to some extent, but you need to consider the value of the consoles too:

• Consoles have significantly better hardware at their price point.  They are sold at loss to the developers of them.  The $400 of hardware for the PS4 will NOT buy you a PC with equivalent hardware, and you'll likely have to pay as much as $200 more.  The price of the consoles will go down as the value of the hardware goes down too.  For someone who can afford a high end or even mid range PC and to constantly upgrade it this isn't a big deal, but to others they might get more mileage from a console.
    • Consoles use the same hardware, those games can be developed around that hardware making them slightly better in performance and quality for their hardware level than a game that needs to be developed around all types of hardware.  Simply put a developer knowing what hardware a game will run on can afford to eek out more performance from the console.
    • Consoles have exclusives that aren't available on the PC.  This is reason enough to buy a console whether or not you care about hardware.
    • Many people don't have the technical know-how (or just don't try) to build their own PC, thus they get even less value for their hardware.
    If you are strictly a gamer who plays certain types of games that tend to favor PCs (MMOs, RTS, etc.) then a PC should suit all your gaming needs.  If you are a varied gamer and play games that are better suited for or more popular / likely to be on a console (Fighting Games, Platformers, Beat-em Ups, Schumps, JRPGs, etc.) then you'll want a console AND a PC. 
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

As far as gaming goes, I tried switching from PC to console gaming but there was just no comparison. Needless to say, I'm back to PC gaming, even having gone so far as to re-purchase PC versions of my favorite console games (when available).

Xbox One is definitely on my "MUST BUY" list. I won't pre-order it, at least not until it gets a little closer to release, but I'll definitely be buying this console.

I'll pass on the PS4. Like I said, I'm not into console gaming.

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

As far as gaming goes, I tried switching from PC to console gaming but there was just no comparison. Needless to say, I'm back to PC gaming, even having gone so far as to re-purchase PC versions of my favorite console games (when available).

Xbox One is definitely on my "MUST BUY" list. I won't pre-order it, at least not until it gets a little closer to release, but I'll definitely be buying this console.

I don't understand why you're getting the Xbox One then isn't it a console? Matter of fact most X1 exsculives will more than likely be on PC anyways. Might as well stay PC!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by Yodi2007
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

I don't understand why you're getting the Xbox One then isn't it a console? Matter of fact most X1 exsculives will more than likely be on PC anyways. Might as well stay PC!

Xbox One is indeed a console, but my current Xbox 360 isn't really used for a lot of gaming in my house. It is mainly used for exercise "games" and streaming video content (primarily from Amazon but some others as well).

When I told my wife that the new Xbox Kinect will monitor her heart rate, she demanded I buy it as soon as it is available. I can only say, "Yes ma'am".

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by AIMonster

To the people keep touting high end PC as the ultimate gaming system, well that's true to some extent, but you need to consider the value of the consoles too:

• Consoles have significantly better hardware at their price point.  They are sold at loss to the developers of them.  The $400 of hardware for the PS4 will NOT buy you a PC with equivalent hardware, and you'll likely have to pay as much as $200 more.  The price of the consoles will go down as the value of the hardware goes down too.  For someone who can afford a high end or even mid range PC and to constantly upgrade it this isn't a big deal, but to others they might get more mileage from a console.
    • Consoles use the same hardware, those games can be developed around that hardware making them slightly better in performance and quality for their hardware level than a game that needs to be developed around all types of hardware.  Simply put a developer knowing what hardware a game will run on can afford to eek out more performance from the console.
    • Consoles have exclusives that aren't available on the PC.  This is reason enough to buy a console whether or not you care about hardware.
    • Many people don't have the technical know-how (or just don't try) to build their own PC, thus they get even less value for their hardware.
    If you are strictly a gamer who plays certain types of games that tend to favor PCs (MMOs, RTS, etc.) then a PC should suit all your gaming needs.  If you are a varied gamer and play games that are better suited for or more popular / likely to be on a console (Fighting Games, Platformers, Beat-em Ups, Schumps, JRPGs, etc.) then you'll want a console AND a PC. 

The thing is though with me I have reached the point where I have just too many consoles, and there are games I like to get on current gen and past gen that I have not gotten around to buying yet, as well as playing the many games I have already purchased. If the Xbox ONE and PS4 were BC then it would encourage me to get them, and the thought of future consoles not being BC either is a turn off especially the Xbox ONE, whereas PC has been and always will be, and has over 20 years worth of games, whereas PS4 and XB ONE are complete fresh starts

The PS4 has no games yet that interest me, and the xbox ONE has a lot of games that interest me, but has all the DRM and online BS to deal with.

There is just too many games, and I think I can survive without the PS4 and Xbox ONE exclusives.

Since getting a new PC last year for SWTOR, and now using it to play other games instead, PC gaming and current/past gen consoles (including Wii U) is my future!

If Shenmue 3 gets released on PS4 or XB1 then will have to get one then though!

I really don't see how people think this is the last generation of consoles. There will be a solid market for consoles for a good time to come..Consoles are not PC's the only company that is trying to make it seem like that is Microsoft and their product. Sony and especially Nintendo have a strong focus on what they consider console gaming to be. PC gaming is not an absolute option, it hasn't been for the last 30 years consoles have been around. So how in the world do people forsee some infamous end to consoles now.It's not too strange, cause I'm sure folks were saying the same thing back when Playstation 1 came out or back even when the NES first realeased. 25+ years later, where have consoles gone? No where, they are still here. Still pushing their envelopes in tech and games. E3 is a great example of the success of console gaming, it has boombed greatly off the success of Sony, Nintendo and Microsofts console developments.It's understandable being on a PC oriented site that people wouldn't be as inclined to accept console gaming, but outright trying to say that it is near obsolete is just foolish. Especially with more and more of the PC crowd asking for more and more PC ports of console games. If consoles were that much of a bad choice. Why even attempt to play consoles games? Why ask for games like The Division, DUST 514, etc, etc..Some people prefer to PC game some people prefer to play their games on consoles. It's okay, you can have your cake and eat it to in that regard. Unless you are financially unable there is nothing stopping you from having both and getting well out of your monies worth.

Consoles have a five to ten year lifespan. In five to ten years, there's going to be no need for a dedicated gaming console. Everything that a next-next-gen console can do will be possible with a cell phone or tablet. That's the one thing that Microsoft has right. That's why they are targeting the entertainment market and not the gaming market. It's also why Microsoft, Sony and Nvidia are pushing into the streamed gaming. It makes the console superfluous and they can charge for the service without building hardware that they don't make much, if any, profit on.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

I have a question about security!

Is microsoft doing their games 100%/XX%  cloud? if thats true, will microsoft games be more cheater/hacker free than lets say gaming on PSN? 

Unless a game is essentialy functioning like a Citrix session (i.e. the only thing sent between the client and server is keystrokes and raw graphic images) then cloud-based is not really hack/cheater proof. Even fully browser based games are not cheater proof if they have any important functionality that executes client-side and MMO's certainly aren't.

If a game is heavly dependant upon multi-player functionaly and is based on progression at all then it should be doing server based data storage already and consider that storage as authoritative for multi-player play even if it cache's a local copy for offline play.

In terms of cheats ANY functionality that executes client-side is subject to cheating/hacks. If a console is really doing 100 percent server side processing then there would be no purpose in putting any hardware in it besides a good GPU and let it just be a dumb yerminal. Neither console is like that. Alot of what's processed where is going to be dependant upon the individual titles and how they are designed.

P.S. "Cloud based" is really nothing more then a marketing term, it has no technical relevence other then an indication that in some manner the application is client/server based which is the same application archetecture that's been in existence since the 80's (or before).

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by Shodanas It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it

personally, I can't think of a single aaa pc exclusive that is a must have and also has such amazing graphics that put current gen consoles to shame.

I know of many...

It really depends what your into

http://www.prepar3d.com/images/

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/home/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYQ4CaXH9c

Amazing what you can do with a PC or two

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by GrumpyMel2
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc I have a question about security!   Is microsoft doing their games 100%/XX%  cloud? if thats true, will microsoft games be more cheater/hacker free than lets say gaming on PSN? 
    Unless a game is essentialy functioning like a Citrix session (i.e. the only thing sent between the client and server is keystrokes and raw graphic images) then cloud-based is not really hack/cheater proof. Even fully browser based games are not cheater proof if they have any important functionality that executes client-side and MMO's certainly aren't.

If a game is heavly dependant upon multi-player functionaly and is based on progression at all then it should be doing server based data storage already and consider that storage as authoritative for multi-player play even if it cache's a local copy for offline play.

In terms of cheats ANY functionality that executes client-side is subject to cheating/hacks. If a console is really doing 100 percent server side processing then there would be no purpose in putting any hardware in it besides a good GPU and let it just be a dumb yerminal. Neither console is like that. Alot of what's processed where is going to be dependant upon the individual titles and how they are designed.

P.S. "Cloud based" is really nothing more then a marketing term, it has no technical relevence other then an indication that in some manner the application is client/server based which is the same application archetecture that's been in existence since the 80's (or before).

Microsoft is not doing cloud based gaming. They are providing additional functionality through the cloud. For instance, instead of having a mini map on your television, it'll be on your tablet or phone.

They are also copying the game to the local hard drive, which will make it possible for enterprising hackers to actually change the code on the HDD, instead of trying to do it in the running memory.

It's like the worst possible choice in both directions. Bleh.

Sony is doing a cloud based gaming service, where the game code executes on their servers, but it's only PS3 games, and there's no telling how well it will actually work. Cloud gaming may or may not be a viable way to actually play games.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I will just leave this here for the op. 

Basically due to the backlash because of the imho of the new xboxes pitch. They are backpedaling on a lot of their restrictions. But ONLY because enough of a backlash was felt from the gaming community. 

Too little too late Microsoft. 

Originally posted by Althewiseguy

That was pretty quick. I guess their policies weren't actually necessary for their "forward looking" next gen console after all. :-)

I like it when consumers win. :-)

Also, "Ha! Ha! We were right! They did have stupid policies! Na na na na naaa!"

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Althewiseguy

That was pretty quick. I guess their policies weren't actually necessary for their "forward looking" next gen console after all. :-)

I like it when consumers win. :-)

Would still rather have a PS4.

:p

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Already sold my 360 and bought a PS3 - also already preordered a PS4.

Sorry MS. Too little too late for me, and so many good PS3 games to catch up on.