Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Mannish

This is for people who want to know more about the Xbox One.

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its too soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

All info can be found here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

you are not helping your case, with me at least, first I don't like cloud computing, I don't want and won't to share my resources or info around the internet, I don't play games for the computer do it to me even if that looks so neat, it also make me bound to servers, so the old games I have I can never play again if they turn they servers down, and when I play a damn SP game I want to play alone without the internet, because or my net is down or i'm dowloading something.

alos all demos on E3 was running on computers :) so just imagine how thing would go? even if I wanted a game in xbox I could just wait and get a emulator to run it (same for all consoles but looks like Xbox will be far easyer for that happen)

in the end really why that matter?

microsoft will not go bankruft if they fail on this console maybe it will be good if they fail so they stop bringing so many stupid things saying we need to have it, bleh, and only thing xbox said was it can be used to watch tv, yeah I will really buy a xbox to watch tv, I buy a console for his games, if he have a good line up of games I can think of buying 

I stoped on ps2, ps3 ahve some game I would feel like playing but the couples I want is not worthy the console price, and most others are also avaiable in PC so less of a reason to buy it, smae for nintendo and for xbox(even worse since I don't have one single game I want here or it also have on ps3 or again not worthy the cost)

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

You guys are talking as if "cloud computing" were a new thing. You have heard of MMOs, Diablo III, Online FPS games and Steam before haven't you? Harder to hack games? ummmK... if you say so.

Sort of reminds me of when Al Gore invented the internet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by MondoA2J

I do not agree or disagree with the OPs message but I will say this, that Microsoft has done a very, very poor job at explaining to the consumer why these "features" are important and necessary.

They continue to be elusive and slightly annoyed seemingly with consumers whom have questions. Sony is simply playing off this and being completely see through. Microsoft needs to pull its head out of its bum!

They need to be more clear with customers and explain to them the benefits of what the Xbox 1 has to offer them. If they don't, consumers will see a PS4 with an 100$ price gap, friendly towards used games with enhanced specs but nothing changing that they don't understand.

Simple fact is.... PEOPLE DON"T LIKE CHANGE!

Now on other hand Xbox has similar specs but all these changes they haven't explained very well at all. Hiding behind CEO's whom have the charisma of a dead fish. They need to sit down with the media or hell even have their own press conference AGAIN. To explain why and what it is their doing.

PS4 is like your old girlfriend, faithful and you know what to expect.

Xbox is like the crazy chick in the bar. She might rock your world or....stab you.

Only time and a few shots later will tell.

....Couldn't agree more ..... especially with the 'dangerous' East European Girl metaphor ...blonde with piercing blue wolf-like eyes burying into you from beneath the softness of her fur wrap.....ahem...., depending on your want or system demands of course........Though we all like the 'Stepford' treatment from time to time and there is nothing better than a nice quiche and freshly pressed shirts....

..... I just think behind closed doors Sony's secret ingredient is a combination of ground Rhino horn, Rabbit's feet and a Four - Leaf Clover dipped in Snakes blood.....

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    I think the simple fact that Xbox1 you will have to do a 24hr check online will hurt sales. We may be in a internet age, but a lot of gamers dont have internet...silly I know, but to require it would be like a car sales man telling me I had to wash my car once a week >.0
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Iselin

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

You don't get much right do you?

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

You guys are talking as if "cloud computing" were a new thing. You have heard of MMOs, Diablo III, Online FPS games and Steam before haven't you? Harder to hack games? ummmK... if you say so.

I think everyone realizes that cloud gaming isn't new. Heck, Playstation 4 will be doing alot of cloud gaming as well, along with their streaming directly while playing and all types of online-y stuff..

But Microsoft wants to almost force the internet on you in a sneaky way. Be it, if you have to go to a friends house every other day or use your phones wifi for the 5-10 minutes it'll take (what about data charges?) or whatever other hustle you'd have to manage to get in before the 24 hour lockout. You'd almost be pressed to the point to pre-plan the days you want to game in advance so that you can find internet for authorization.

What if you really live in the boonies cause some folks do, so taking into account of the financial responsibilty of maintaining the internet; cause last time I checked it aint free for your home there's the offput chance that you just can't get reliable internet service in your area. Also if you do is it really worth the cost that comes along with it if they have to run you any special lines.

Alot of the arguments against Microsofts DRM push might seem tivial, but it's really the root of why some are saying "you won't own" any of your games. With put against Playstation 4 and the tried and true old school handing the game to a friend for trade or sale, it's a hard pill to force yourself to swallow damn well knowing your throwing all your legal tie and basically having a hardcopy of the game for whatever reason away willingly.

It's nothing new though like 'Iselin' said. Digital Downloading, DRM, the Cloud, all of it has been a steady movement to where XBox One has ended up with Microsoft. Now there is absolutely nothing to say that Sony will not eventually end up in the same place, but it doesn't seem like they've remembered to put the correct header on that TPS report.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

Its at the very core of customer relations.  They want to impose restrictions, regardless if the customer base agrees with it or not, that force customers to bear the burden of ensuring M$ makes as much money as possible.  If the Xbox fan base was asking for these controls it would be different.  I struggled to come up with any other product sold that has this sort of buffoonery tied to it and only came up with MP3s and technically its not the same issue.

I prefer Sony's stance on how they value their customer.  I know a lot of people are becoming more and more accepting, but I am not a fan of being controlled.  Sorry, its just a value I hold with high regard.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

OFF LOAD AND MS DONNYBROOK! has been avail on pc for 6 years and so far only ms use offload (remote differential compression)and donnybrook is still sleeping soundly in ms r&d warehouse in Redmond va,even tho its free!

ms might try to convince dev but so far dev don't look like they re rushing to ms to do this!

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by Khebeln

First of all PS4 will be 100$ cheaper than Xbox One according to what we heard on E3. To top it of it will be significantly smaller compared to Xbox One.

When it comes to hardware features PS4 Offers same or better ones, with less limitations. This chart from IGN says it all.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

To top it off PS4 will have no region locks, will use cloud sharing to, and will not be limited by any silly methods in any way compared to the new Microsoft console.

Now hardware wise according to many sources like this one http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 clearly shows that not only PS4 will have slightly faster CPU (10-20%) but faster memory and much faster GPU (up to 30-50%)

Now if you consider all that, why would you ever want to buy xbox one, other than for exclusive titles ?

I found the same in my research on both also. Microsoft is evil bottom line they are as bad if not worst then EA games.

Sony really has been doing a complete turn around with Everquest Next going back to MMO roots, To there new system with 60% more hardware then Xbox one and still no forced internet subs (Huge thing for casual console gamers, Why pay for something i use to play 1 game?)(Halo)

PS4 has my money.

P.S F^%$ Kinect and its 24/7 running webcam screw that.

• Daventry85Daventry85 Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

Ya, I was a xbox fan my ps3 was a over priced blu ray player for a long time before I sold it for me xbox games. I knew all this going in they made it pretty clear these actually are the reasons I don't want anything to do with it. I will miss Fable , Gears , and other exclusives but at the end of the day I want nothing to do with Kinect / Always Online / DRM I just want 0 bs when I sit back to play a game.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Actually in the context he used that it was perfectly suitable.I think something just went flying over your head.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Every time someone talks about this cloud bullshit I think they are trying to sell me mist.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Bukk24

I do not agree or disagree with the OPs message but I will say this, that Microsoft has done a very, very poor job at explaining to the consumer why these "features" are important and necessary.

They continue to be elusive and slightly annoyed seemingly with consumers whom have questions. Sony is simply playing off this and being completely see through. Microsoft needs to pull its head out of its bum!

They need to be more clear with customers and explain to them the benefits of what the Xbox 1 has to offer them. If they don't, consumers will see a PS4 with an 100$ price gap, friendly towards used games with enhanced specs but nothing changing that they don't understand.

Now on other hand Xbox has similar specs but all these changes they haven't explained very well at all. Hiding behind CEO's whom have the charisma of a dead fish. They need to sit down with the media or hell even have their own press conference AGAIN. To explain why and what it is their doing.

Xbox is like the crazy chick in the bar. She might rock your world or....stab you.

....Couldn't agree more ..... especially with the 'dangerous' East European Girl metaphor ...blonde with piercing blue wolf-like eyes burying into you from beneath the softness of her fur wrap.....ahem...., depending on your want or system demands of course........Though we all like the 'Stepford' treatment from time to time and there is nothing better than a nice quiche and freshly pressed shirts....

..... I just think behind closed doors Sony's secret ingredient is a combination of ground Rhino horn, Rabbit's feet and a Four - Leaf Clover dipped in Snakes blood.....

Yes, of course ultimately all of them are evil money grubbing companies.

Did you expect otherwise? :)

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by Avarix
    Originally posted by Mannish

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its toon soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

All info can be found here.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

If you have to work this hard to sell something, maybe it's because it's not worth buying.

No, submit to the wall of text, its good for you.

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

Windows 7 was and is an amazing operating system, but since then with windows 8 and now xbox one microsoft has betrayed core gamers and stopped listening thinking they know best.

I was a die hard xbox/xbox 360 owner my ps3 was just an expensive bluray player, I was so in to the microsoft camp I never even watched the sony reveal,  after the Xbox one reveal both me and wife felt saddened.  we then watched the ps4 reveal and wow that was for gamers.

I sold my xbox and used the cash to buy a ps vita now use my ps3 for games and have the ps4 on pre-order.

I do not need kinect, I do not need  "smart" tv from my xbox I have a nice sky HD+ box and smart tv for that.

Originally posted by Bukk24

Yes, of course ultimately all of them are evil money grubbing companies.

Did you expect otherwise? :)

LMAO, you two are hilarious..  but maintain our knowledge for they know that we know and are always watching..

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    XBOX ONE  is nothing more than an NSA surveillance system.
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    *User has been deleted from the Internet*

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    XBOX ONE  is nothing more than an NSA surveillance system.

Yea It came to my mind too - always on camera connected to cloud, must be dream for some ppl.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Shodanas
    It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.
    The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by calranthe

Windows 7 was and is an amazing operating system, but since then with windows 8 and now xbox one microsoft has betrayed core gamers and stopped listening thinking they know best.

I was a die hard xbox/xbox 360 owner my ps3 was just an expensive bluray player, I was so in to the microsoft camp I never even watched the sony reveal,  after the Xbox one reveal both me and wife felt saddened.  we then watched the ps4 reveal and wow that was for gamers.

I sold my xbox and used the cash to buy a ps vita now use my ps3 for games and have the ps4 on pre-order.

I do not need kinect, I do not need  "smart" tv from my xbox I have a nice sky HD+ box and smart tv for that.

Does your wife really play on the Xbox?? .... how cool is that. I thought consoles were for chaps only. I must be totally out of touch in this regard, I just can't remember either of my son's logging on to Xbox Live and lighting up the Digital Sky with Machine Gun Fire with any of their Girlfriends or 'Girl' friends....

I honestly thought the only games a lady would possibly play are the World of Warcraft (Alliance Only) and Tetris ...and neither is on the 360 .. or PS4 ...

.....though......WOW may well be, the way Blizzard are going.... so .....I take it all back....reading between the lines with Blizzard's link with Sony I realize that is how you have your Mrs on board ....sneaky and subtle ...I like it.

...you know something .... I know it...

...You are a Dog Sir that indeed has no scent ... a knife wielding nightmare and Call of Duty Veteran I have no doubt .... I bet you play Rogue .....

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Foomerang

It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

The irony is that the only pc exclusives are mmos with outdated graphics anyway. The sheer volume of AAA console exclusives you simply can't get on pc more than make up for weaker hardware.

you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it image

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Actually in the context he used that it was perfectly suitable.I think something just went flying over your head.

Actually the context is different between the two, in actual context he did do what he said he did because he was the biggest pusher of the creation of ARPNET which became the first network to use packet switching with TCP/IP and became the backbone of the modern internet. But...it seems that went over your head...perhaps much of the English language does if you cant understand the difference between "invented" and "created". One being original thought and the other being brought into being.

He was one of the many that brought it into being and even Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn credit him for making the internet as it is today with the bills he pushed and studies he did to promote it. Like the very first internet bill S 2594 back in 1986...by Gore.

Too many people don't freaking get the fact that what you are using today, wasn't implemented until 1993 and came out of the GORE BILL of 1991. Hell, even the man that invented the original ARPA stated that if it wasn't for Gore ARPANET wouldn't exist on a national level let alone a gobal one.

Damn both of you for making me defend that man and reminding me he wasn't a total waste and did some good.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Foomerang

you forgot the PC exclusives that are just generally beyond the consoles ability to support, and have cutting edge graphics, but that would be an inconvenient truth, lot of that going around at the moment, must be the weather.

and for inconvenient truths, how about the one where the future of console gaming is dependant on the next generation of consoles succeeding, and Microsoft already dropped the ball on that one, maybe Sony can save the consoles, but regardless of what happens, PC gaming will continue regardless, funny how that works out isnt it image

You act like console games don't come with top of the line graphics, don't talk like PS3 and Xbox 360 are boasting atari sprites and pixalated foregrounds