Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the hottest mmo's right now?

dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

I've been out of the loop for a while due to a lack of good games in the mmo department. However, like many of you, I want something to play while we all wait for TESO to come out. :]

I'd like to know:

-What are the most popular mmo's being played right now? (only give a top 3, I don't want a long list) you can exclude WoW!

-What are the most popular mmo's coming out in the near future? I know EQ3, FFXIV and TESO are coming out within the next 12 months atleast, but what else is there to look forward to?

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

RTS

1. League of legends

2. Dota

3. World of tanks

MMORPG: Paid

1. WoW

2. EVE

Free MMORPG:(No order)

Rift

Tera

Lotro

Swtor

Neverwinter

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by dauntSilver

-What are the most popular mmo's coming out in the near future? I know EQ3, FFXIV and TESO are coming out within the next 12 months atleast, but what else is there to look forward to?

Archeage,black desert,Wildstar are also ones to keep an eye on.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Out of the released MMOs, I would say the theme parks are slightly more popular, or hotter.  In those regards my list is:

1) GW2: people either love to hate it or love to play it as evident in these forums.

2) Rift: current f2p conversion is bringing back a lot of old players and attracting new ones

3) I would say it's tied among Neverwinter (still fairly new), AoW (still fairly new), and STO (new free expansion)

caveat: AoW is not really a theme park. More like a hybrid of both sandbox and theme park  in my opinion

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Started playing RIFT again with the F2P launch and I have to say the population on my Server (Deepwood) has been pretty amazing...Especially in the lower level areas...The RIFT group I was running with last night was awesome...Not surprised because launch just happened...And I'm sure it will slow down in a few weeks...But still very impressive...And it's a good game...image
  • ArtalisArtalis Member UncommonPosts: 17

I love how nobody ever mentions TSW. Super high-quality themepark that nobody even knows about.

Nice work Funcom marketing dept.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I would try Neverwinter, Rift, GW2 or Secret World.  I would stay away from star trek online.  It was the least fun and most repetitious of all the games I have played so far.  The fun factor in STO wears off very quickly, and for some, it never begins.  The secret world is far and away the most different, but with different comes a people who love or hate it.  Personally I thought it was lots of fun.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Right now?

The Secret World

soon, EQ Next

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I am playing EVE :D, and other games ofc (non mmo related).
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    GW2, Secret World and Rift are the best and the best value MMOs on the market at the moment in my opinion.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by Artalis

I love how nobody ever mentions TSW. Super high-quality themepark that nobody even knows about.

Nice work Funcom marketing dept.

Yeah, but the combat sucks.... really it sucks hard.... 

There are no hot mmos out there at the moment.

Rift is ok, GW2 is ok, but dont keep me playing longer then 2 weeks.

For me the hottest games at the moment are:

- Civ 5, Skyrim

Step in the arena and break the wall down