Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons! Lots n Loooots of DUNGEONS!

2»

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    I think I read something about them being timed. If so, does anyone know why? RPGs should be a bit strategic and taken slowly to me.

The dungeons are designed to be completed in 30-45 minutes.  They give you 90 minutes to finish....

They said they were taking the timers out for release I believe.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Think about it for a second. The first dungeons don't start until ~15 so for those 35 levels from 15-50 there are 19 dungeons. I'll take that any day.
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399

Originally posted by Murugan We don't know, it hasn't been confirmed either way yet.  I'd assume so though as they are instanced content, so once you complete the quest for it and visit the primal yourself within the beastman stronghold it should unlock it on the duty finder.  No one is 50 yet in beta, and I'm not even sure if any level 50 content will be included in beta 3 due to the xp cap being set at 35 still (though transferred characters will retain their level if they are higher).

I thought they were using the Duty Finder in the E3 Ifrit video, were'nt they?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySehPEF_Jtw
    Looks a lot like the standard queue finder UI we all know. Queue pops>waits for everyone to get ready> get ported to instance ... yeah, im pretty sure thats the Duty Finder. :P

Originally posted by Carnicide After getting my hands on the Beta I really can't wait to play this game. I only wish my brother wasn't so racist against the Japanese art style. He literally hates the game because of all the cute themes and characters in the game. He likes a darker look something like Warhammer. Too bad the art design didn't have a more mature look to it. Oh well guess I'll be the only one playing from my family lol

Bah! Hate that lol. Happened a lot while I was telling friends about Aion too. "OMG it looks like anime, lawl, herp" ... grrr. I personally love the art style way better. Western RPGs artists make it too realistic, like you cant really tell youre in a fantasy setting until you start blasting fireballs or see a dragon. Hmpf.  And it doesnt look like anime! >_<

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by Carnicide After getting my hands on the Beta I really can't wait to play this game. I only wish my brother wasn't so racist against the Japanese art style. He literally hates the game because of all the cute themes and characters in the game. He likes a darker look something like Warhammer. Too bad the art design didn't have a more mature look to it. Oh well guess I'll be the only one playing from my family lol

Bah! Hate that lol. Happened a lot while I was telling friends about Aion too. "OMG it looks like anime, lawl, herp" ... grrr. I personally love the art style way better. Western RPGs artists make it too realistic, like you cant really tell youre in a fantasy setting until you start blasting fireballs or see a dragon. Hmpf >_<

I like both, but I must say I prefer the Western style especially in WaR. The Orcs in that game were amazing. However it seems the Asian's always do the story better with more emotion and they always seem to have the right setting for the music. They always set the right mood based on the drama.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by ZizouX
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    I think I read something about them being timed. If so, does anyone know why? RPGs should be a bit strategic and taken slowly to me.

The dungeons are designed to be completed in 30-45 minutes.  They give you 90 minutes to finish....

Do you know if there is a reason for a time limit? I mean, it's not like you are on a golf course where you are holding up a foursome needing to play through or something. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Anyone knows if there is a link that shows us the location of the dungeons and there level, loots, etc. I did try the last beta but never could find a dungeon. Was still trying to figure out the character i started and how the game was working, running quest and learning that huge city etc..

I love dungeons but i would like to know where they are located and when or at what level etc. 

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

Dungeons are the main way to level up, so is common they have so much low levels dungeons. For End game we will have:

4-8 man content

Dungeons:

• Cutters Cry
    • Dzamael Darkhold
    • Aurums Veil
    Primal Fights:
    • Ifrit
    • Titan
    • Garuda
    • Moogle
    • Ramuh? - no confirmed for release
    • Leviathan? - no confirmed for release
    Endgame Behest

Raid content

Dungeons:
    • Crystal Tower
    • Great Laberyth of Bahamut
    Primal Roaming:
    • Odin
    • Ifrit
    • rest not confirmed

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Ugh.....Cutter's Cry.  So much fun, so much confusion my first time....so much death XD
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

Dungeons are the main way to level up, so is common they have so much low levels dungeons. For End game we will have:

4-8 man content

Dungeons:

• Cutters Cry
    • Dzamael Darkhold
    • Aurums Veil
    Primal Fights:
    • Ifrit
    • Titan
    • Garuda
    • Moogle
    • Ramuh? - no confirmed for release
    • Leviathan? - no confirmed for release
    Endgame Behest

Raid content

Dungeons:
    • Crystal Tower
    • Great Laberyth of Bahamut
    Primal Roaming:
    • Odin
    • Ifrit
    • rest not confirmed

If you want to get technical those dungeons aren't even necessarily confirmed for launch.  We "could" be getting no dungeons at all for single group at 50, and Dzamael/AV which you can see on a screenshot of the duty finder (as well as others that aren't tranlsated) could be now lvl 40 leveling dungeons, and just because CC is on the map doesn't mean it is necessarily in game for launch I suppose.

However I think Yoshida is well aware of the amount of legacy players returning who will expect more content for endgame from the start, and regular updates.  If he doesn't then I misjudged him, but I'm willing to have faith given that he hasn't "confirmed" in the negative anythign either.

It's a Brave New World and if people out there can trust the word of John Smedley, I personally can put some faith in Yoshida to deliver endgame after all he has done.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by tkreep
    I wish they would put notorious monsters from final fantasy 11 with rare drops

There is no question what so ever that a lot of content that should of been there on launch was not because they rushed the game out.They lost way too much money and will take a long time to recover it.Point is you can expect to eventually see it as good as ffxi,just a matter of how long.

I just hope they learn something from their mistakes the last few years,of late i have seen indication they are more worried about recoup their losses than learning from mistakes because in FFXI they are releasing crap content now that is really cheap to make.This happens when a developer feels it has the player base by the tail,however so many complained of their recent work,you would think they listen but they are not,however in FFXIV they were forced to listen.

Good news is the producer has stepped down,the director is now in charge,maybe we will see things happen for the better.

I realize a LOT of gamer's are brand new to Square,at one time they were considered the god of game design,i am talking MANY games not a single WOW game but many.I am sure it has not been one guy ,i don't really care who to blame,i just hope Square returns to the powerhouse they once were so we can enjoy some great gaming.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Wizardry

There is no question what so ever that a lot of content that should of been there on launch was not because they rushed the game out.They lost way too much money and will take a long time to recover it.Point is you can expect to eventually see it as good as ffxi,just a matter of how long.

I just hope they learn something from their mistakes the last few years,of late i have seen indication they are more worried about recoup their losses than learning from mistakes because in FFXI they are releasing crap content now that is really cheap to make.This happens when a developer feels it has the player base by the tail,however so many complained of their recent work,you would think they listen but they are not,however in FFXIV they were forced to listen.

Good news is the producer has stepped down,the director is now in charge,maybe we will see things happen for the better.

I realize a LOT of gamer's are brand new to Square,at one time they were considered the god of game design,i am talking MANY games not a single WOW game but many.I am sure it has not been one guy ,i don't really care who to blame,i just hope Square returns to the powerhouse they once were so we can enjoy some great gaming.

They started going down hill after Hironobu Sakaguchi left who was father of final fantasy and after they merged with enix.  Cant say what it is exactly but he gave the series a unique flavor from other rpgs.  The stories were a lot more complex and deep.  If square really wants to get back up they need to focus on the IPs they arent doing anything with like Chrono Trigger and Xenogears or Parasite Eve.  Give Final Fantasy a break after 15 and work on something else jesus.  Although I am hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 at least thats something different they have up their sleeves and about time too.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    Originally posted by Wizardry

They started going down hill after Hironobu Sakaguchi left who was father of final fantasy and after they merged with enix.  Cant say what it is exactly but he gave the series a unique flavor from other rpgs.  The stories were a lot more complex and deep.  If square really wants to get back up they need to focus on the IPs they arent doing anything with like Chrono Trigger and Xenogears or Parasite Eve.  Give Final Fantasy a break after 15 and work on something else jesus.  Although I am hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3 at least thats something different they have up their sleeves and about time too.

Back in those days the stories and music were all you had to immerse the players because that was really all that was available. Now with FMV's, libraries of animations, rich 3D worlds as far as the eye can see, and the code that comes with it,  there is a little more to worry about now.

They are still one of the best in the business when it comes to storytelling. Comparing old FF games to new ones is like comparing books to movies. They are both great at telling stories, just do it a little differently.