Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet Vs Mist League PvP Top 5 Plays

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We are pleased to present the first in a series of Guild Wars 2 matches in partnership with ArenaNet, Mist League and MMORPG.com. In this community submitted episode, we get a look at the PvP Top 5 plays. See what you think before leaving your comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Now I'm forced to wonder if Guild Wars 2 non-editorial reporting will continue to remain unbiased now that you have a "partnership" with ArenaNet.  Just sayin'.

Steam: Neph

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Lol
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

Now I'm forced to wonder if Guild Wars 2 non-editorial reporting will continue to remain unbiased now that you have a "partnership" with ArenaNet.  Just sayin'.

heh, reminds me when any post criticizing TOR around release was removed

and articles showing up for ME3, a single player game XD

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by rodingo

No tin foil hat here.  It's a genuine concern.  This is not ArenaNet providing advertising dollars.  This is a feature of the site meant to draw in readers and increase site use and revenue.  By partnering with ArenaNet on this activity they are going way beyond the scope of selling some ad space here.  If ArenaNet in the future were to say "hey don't knock our pvp or we won't sponsor those tournies with MMORPG.com anymore" this puts the site in a double bind. 

On the other hand ads aren't meant to drive traffic to the site therefore no one is beholden to advertisers.

This practice is basically like saying MMORPG.com is now partnering with EA.  It goes above and beyond what's acceptable in my opinion.

Steam: Neph

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by rodingo

rofl if you literally think companies buying out journalists is something that doesn't happen in real life