Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While we wait for Beta weekends and Launch... How about we ...

MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
Play some TERA and have a guild of MMORPG.com players who plan to play FFXIV! Tera is a poor excuse for a fix for the fiend of playing FFXIV, however everything else seems to  be the same ... or worse!! lol I am simply fiending much, however if you are fiending like me, join me up in TERA for some "fun". ;)

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Maitrader
    Play some TERA and have a guild of MMORPG.com players who plan to play FFXIV! Tera is a poor excuse for a fix for the fiend of playing FFXIV, however everything else seems to  be the same ... or worse!! lol I am simply fiending much, however if you are fiending like me, join me up in TERA for some "fun". ;)

You could always hop into FFXI :P 

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

I am yet to try TERA, might I do such a bold thing after wasting so much time on other.....MIGHT I!!! I shall see!!!

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

LoL it is definitely tempting, however I want to wait to play ANY FF until more ARR Betas or Launch... keep it clean! lol

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Of all mmo's out there, Tera would be the last one I would pick. But, the FFXI advise is pretty sound.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Or play Guild Wars 2.

Of course, you people who are waiting for FF XIV are lucky; I'm still waiting for PSO2.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Problem with me is I almost don t want to plat FFXI, for 2 reasons. I ll either love it so much again, I won t play FFXIV, or it won t hit me like it used to , and be disappointed. After the beta for FFXIV, I can t wait to be in a good social LS again, and really play the game. I haven t felt that in the last 10 releases I ve played if not more.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    lol, havent played TERA since I imported the KR version. Really nice game. Too bad it turned into F2P garbage so soon. I wouldve actually bought the game if they wouldnt have opened up their b/s cash shop even while they still had a sub.
    Originally posted by Kayo83
    lol, havent played TERA since I imported the KR version. Really nice game. Too bad it turned into F2P garbage so soon. I wouldve actually bought the game if they wouldnt have opened up their b/s cash shop even while they still had a sub.

Sub is more or less worthless, just gives you a few extra things, nothing much. Actually for its cash shop, Tera is the LEAST restrictive. Dunno, think it may be a good filler for now ;D

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

If FFXI had a free trial and didn't use Play Online it might make a decent home for the next month or two.

But honestly, Play Online makes my return to FFXI about as likely as me winning the lotto.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I cant wait until next testing phase, i hope this game stay p2p,keep f2p trash away from this game.
  • rhavokrhavok Member Posts: 117
    Originally posted by BadSpock

If FFXI had a free trial and didn't use Play Online it might make a decent home for the next month or two.

But honestly, Play Online makes my return to FFXI about as likely as me winning the lotto.

I agree, I would load up some FFXI right now as well but the whole thought of fumbling through Play Online to get activated again completely turns me off to it.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I'm just going to keep running the FF14 benchmark...
  • yueamyenyueamyen Member Posts: 31

no joke! I tried to go back to ffxi today and play online made me want to poke my eyes out with a red hot poker!

uninstalled......... Didn't even get to log in. Play online is a nightmare.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Tera kept my attention for a matter of minutes.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Rift ain't too shabby of a time-waster. 

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by yueamyen

no joke! I tried to go back to ffxi today and play online made me want to poke my eyes out with a red hot poker!

Agreed.  I tried to give ffxi a go a while back for the first time and never even made it into the game.  I don't even know.

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    How about we throw money at the screen until they turn the servers back on.
    How about .................... HOW about ... HOW ABOUT ... Anarchy Online? .... :->

Originally posted by redcapp
    Originally posted by yueamyen

Agreed.  I tried to give ffxi a go a while back for the first time and never even made it into the game.  I don't even know.

Sadly after posting that in the thread I talked myself into giving it another go. Same result, it was to much of a hassle trying to get back in so I gave up. 

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

I think Tera is the wrong kind of game to suggest, Vanguard would be more fitting. Over look the few bugs and get lost in a vast world with 15 classes not including the duel Shaman classes and 19 races.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I was happily enjoying AC1 for months and then got into the XIV beta this past weekend. Well, I've had zero desire to play any mmorpg since. I just want to play XIV again! SO... I bought FF Origins yesterday and will be playing 1 & 2 on the PS3 for the next 2 months :|

I actually managed to get back into FFXI :P I remembered that they switched the system up awhile back and tied it to an SE account. I logged into that and there was all my PlayOnline info so it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was.

Those wanting to go back to FFXI until XIV try logging into your Square Enix account. Resetting the password is easier there as well if you forgot it. 

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    I'm just going to keep running the FF14 benchmark...

Isn't that just a cutscene, or does it include character creation?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Isn't that just a cutscene, or does it include character creation?

They talked about including character creation eventually, but I think the current version doesn't have it yet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.