Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Black Desert: E3 2013 - Our First Look

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During E3 last week, we managed to get one of the first-ever views of Pearl Abyss's Black Desert. Check out our preview and then let us know what you think in the comments.

One of the titles that has been on the radar out of Korea is Pearl Abyss's game Black Desert. The game was hidden away on the show floor because they are still working on launching closed beta testing in Korea. However we got a short sneak peek at the game and it made a strong impression. Even though the preview is short we will be following up this coverage soon with an interview to go in depth with much more information. Also the game is looking at North American publishers and Pearl Abyss hopes to have more news on that by the end of the year.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Black Desert: E3 2013 - Our First Look.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Really can't wait to see more about this one. It's one of the lesser talked about sandbox mmo's on this site. I've been looking forward to more info on this one more than anything else.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Nice to see a little more information about this game.  Looks good so far.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366
    I'm really excited that some information about this game is coming to us now.

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    Really can't wait to see more about this one. It's one of the lesser talked about sandbox mmo's on this site. I've been looking forward to more info on this one than anything else.

Possibly the most promising Sandbox mmorpg... we'll have to wait and see.

So far, really liking it.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Yes the character models are very realistic and im a big fun of this.

But from what i see it's another korean mmo?

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Another great title.. not coming 2013

This year sucks with new releases. Nothing of interest

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    PvP specific zones....      no thanks.
  • koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

The game looks great...right up until you see the combat.  It is 100% ultra-fast paced, action type of combat you would see in an anime MMO, with characters moving so fast it looks like they are missing a lot of animation frames.

The way the combat looks and the way the world looks simply do not match.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

I have been watching this game for awhile now, but I have come to the conclusion that we will not see it for an English release within the next two years...sadly.  AA is a great example of how slow these games transition to the NA/EU Markets.

And even worse that the titles for NA suck even more.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Thanks for the info but that tells me we won't see this in NA till at least 2015 and that makes me sad.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    Guys, we only had a short time with them at E3. We will be following up with a lot more info over the next few months. The game exceeded our expectations when we saw it. I wish we had more time with them as well. 
     :p 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Thanks for the info but that tells me we won't see this in NA till at least 2015 and that makes me sad.

Aye, looks that way :(

Doesn't look like any good mmorpg's are coming out this year.

And please people don't say, "What about Archeage, Repopulation(don't want to play Sci-Fi) or Wildstar(Another Themepark, hand holder)? Neither of those am I interested in.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Aye, looks that way :(

Doesn't look like any good mmorpg's are coming out this year.

And please people don't say, "What about Archeage, Repopulation(don't want to play Sci-Fi) or Wildstar(Another Themepark, hand holder)? Neither of those am I interested in.

Just because you aren't interested in them doesn't mean they aren't good. :)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAge and Elder Scrolls both look intresting to me but not nearly as good as Black Desert.
    I'll take any Korean sandbox. But waiting until 2015 is too painful, so I'd rather just forget about it until the release dates are closer.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Not sure why you would be hyped up about black desert without at least being somewhat interested in AA /shrug
  • Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    No offense but when I see Korean MMO + Hot Warrior Chick with ample cleavage.....as much as I like the view I often just walk away.  Burned too many times by being sucked in by "Da Boobies". :p

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Binny45
    No offense but when I see Korean MMO + Hot Warrior Chick with ample cleavage.....as much as I like the view I often just walk away.  Burned too many times by being sucked in by "Da Boobies". :p

I actually thought the armor that girl was wearing was way more realistic than girls usually get. It was sort of what sold me on the game, but I also haven't seen the other female classes so we'll see.

Smile

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

Game looks amazing so far.

Not sure if this is an ArcheAge rip off though?? Just saying....

Keep an eye on it for sure.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Pvp areas... /sigh
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by MondoA2J

Game looks amazing so far.

Not sure if this is an ArcheAge rip off though?? Just saying....

Keep an eye on it for sure.

Woueln't call it a archeage rip off. I think sandparks are just the latest thing in korea.

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163

I follow pearl abyss on facebook and they answer questions in english all the time. They said 2015 is the worst case scenario for release. Chances are it will come in 2014 if everything goes smoothly.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Nice to see some info on this game,I've tried keeping track on it for the past year but there are not too much.I really like their art design.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Last I read they said the game had no tanks or healers. This is still true I assume? Other than that the game sounds awesome but the idea of no trinity is awful and is really what kills it for me.

• PhaenPhaen Member UncommonPosts: 53

I'd really like to see them get the game out there concentrating on lower level activity and maybe limit to a starting area based on difficulty. To many games wastes areas on lower level stuff that most just blast thru to end game.

Would be nice to see something like max lvl 10, with raids etc then move to 20 in 3 mths or something and so on...

At any rate one to keep an eye on :)