Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: MMORPG.com's E3 2013 Awards

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Destiny will be on our watch list alright, because we (PC gamers) cannot play it.

• DocspDocsp Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by pmiles
    Funny how you can call EQNext Best of Show seeing nothing of the game at all... and yet you won't give a game like Black Desert any credit at all and they at least have an awesome trailer out there even if a few months old now.  This is all just a hype train.  Why not boost EQNext to 20.0 meter now and do away with any real evidence.

We haven't seen anything, but they have. It was shown to them behind closed doors, so there's no less reason for them to include this as their most anticipated as any other game.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

This article will look very silly come August 27, 2013.

That is all.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I totally agree with everything except ArcheAge
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Where is Final Fantasy 14 and The Division and Why is Warhammer 40k most innovative when we know nothing about it other than its a f2p third person shooter.
  • MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by H3deon

so cant we just cut out July already, and call it August? ><

I know right >< cant wait for august to roll round.

You are all going to poop yourselves.

Bill Murphy, go and wash your mouth, young man! This is simply reckless journalism. MMORPG.COM wrote an article about how you guys are contributing to hyping games (and thereby to the state of our genre), but it doesnt seem you remember from morning till noon.

And how can a game that hasnt been shown yet be "best of show". It's either out there or not. How much did you get paid for that award?

• guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21

"Most Anticipated: Elder Scrolls Online and WildStar Online"

This is probably a joke.

Elder Scrolls Online? How can people hype this game? The game looks outdated. The graphics, the world, the animations, etc... so mediocre.

Wildstar Online? A f2p by Ncsoft? I don't need to say more.

FF XIV A Realm Reborn and Destiny were the only good mmos in this E3. Everquest Next will probably be like Everquest 1 and Everquest 2 with a horrible story.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Come on August! I must know what is up with EQNext!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Mimzel

Bill Murphy, go and wash your mouth, young man! This is simply reckless journalism. MMORPG.COM wrote an article about how you guys are contributing to hyping games (and thereby to the state of our genre), but it doesnt seem you remember from morning till noon.

And how can a game that hasnt been shown yet be "best of show". It's either out there or not. How much did you get paid for that award?

When I read Murphy's comment I thought....

"What a load of crap"

lol  I"m sure I'll get banned for that (I'm just joking, I would never slander a writer here, but you know puns and all)

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

You're all still bastaches for doing that to us.  I guess I'll see  you in Vegas.

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    As others said as well, The Division > Destiny.  The former's gameplay trailer blew me away. Biggest positive surprise of all of E3 for me.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

I feel sorry for the other games at E3 for getting completely ignored for a game that didn't even bother to present at E3. I guess everything there completely sucked to lose best of show to...an absentee game.

"Hey EQ Next, ready for the big reveal at E3?"

"Nah...we're going to do our own thing elsewhere. What? We won best of show? lol We didn't show the public squat...Iol"

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Actually reading an article will help. As others have pointed out Bill DID get to see EQNext. So as far as HIS article goes, it was the best in show for HIM =D. It's probably not your best in show because you didn't see it.

It was shown, to him. Sucks for us, but apparently he was impressed and you're not happy about that.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I feel sorry for the other games at E3 for getting completely ignored for a game that didn't even bother to present at E3. I guess everything there completely sucked to lose best of show to...an absentee game.

"Nah...we're going to do our own thing elsewhere. What? We won best of show? lol We didn't show the public squat...Iol"

Sigh...again as others have said. It was shown to Bill Murphy the writer of this article who called it best in show. This is not the publics best in show, this is MMORPG.com's best in show.

The important thing is he was that impressed with whatever they were shown to give it best in show.

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Actually reading an article will help. As others have pointed out Bill DID get to see EQNext. So as far as HIS article goes, it was the best in show for HIM =D. It's probably not your best in show because you didn't see it.

It was shown, to him. Sucks for us, but apparently he was impressed and you're not happy about that.

Oh please, if it was for any game you weren't such a fan of the game (again despite knowing nothing about it) for you would criticize him too.  That is like people who claim "I can't talk about X MMO because of the NDA, but it is the most amazing thing EVER".  It is the absolutely lowest form of hype, unless I guess you just worship Bill Murphy and will gladly accept anything he tells you with absolutely zero information to back up his wild claims.

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Sigh...again as others have said. It was shown to Bill Murphy the writer of this article who called it best in show. This is not the publics best in show, this is MMORPG.com's best in show.

The important thing is he was that impressed with whatever they were shown to give it best in show.

But the footage he saw behind closed doors was not a part of E3. It'd be like he was invited to a motel across the street, shown footage of Blizzard's Titan and then came and declared Titan the winner of E3 2013 Best of Show.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by vesuvias

Wow, this is bizzare. Getting beyond the whole "wrongness" of you "best of showing" a title that wasn't shown. I tend to float with you Bill on your hype trains. I loved SWTOR and GW2 for what they were, I still think GW2 mechanics are the way forward. My memories of EQ1 were fond but puncuated with what I thought was an overly player punishing and far too time consuming design decisions in the core product. 

I think MMORPG.com also voted EQN as their "most anticipated", or "most wanted" in another similar article some time ago, and this was at a time when no one knew much of anything about it, beyond SOE's very vague promises of how it would be the world's biggest sandbox.

Still, it is cool that the reveal will be on my birthday :p

Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by vesuvias

Wow, this is bizzare. Getting beyond the whole "wrongness" of you "best of showing" a title that wasn't shown. I tend to float with you Bill on your hype trains. I loved SWTOR and GW2 for what they were, I still think GW2 mechanics are the way forward. My memories of EQ1 were fond but puncuated with what I thought was an overly player punishing and far too time consuming design decisions in the core product. 

I think MMORPG.com also voted EQN as their "most anticipated", or "most wanted" in another similar article some time ago, and this was at a time when no one knew much of anything about it, beyond SOE's very vague promises of how it would be the world's biggest sandbox.

Still, it is cool that the reveal will be on my birthday :p

Yeah so I'm sure that Bill Murphy isn't biased at all.

Before this great "behind the scenes look at E3" that really no one else is hyping other than him, he names it the MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF 2013!!!!!! Even though it most likely won't come out this year and they never said iat would (and he notes in that article that he didn't even include many other MMO's because they weren't launching in 2013).

Now he has supposedly seen amazing footage of the game that will change the world FOREVER, but you know he can't talk about it and we should just all trust him because he is such an objective professional.

• ZDPhoenixZDPhoenix Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by DMKano
    EQN best of the show, and we know nothing. Hype overdrive.

Yup. It's hype machine garbage like this that's helped to homogenize the genre. "Well the fans are excited, so we'll just stay the course".

This is the first time in ages I came to the site; and suddenly, I remembered why I stopped.

I will say this though. ArcheAge kind of looks and feels like a modern Vanguard; in every sense of the word. I simply can't get excited for that again.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Lol, you choose TESO most anticipated, i know you have to give ZeniMax a little something but you know that it's far from that.

Isn't it possible that perhaps him and others just don't agree with you and that your opinion doesn't necessarily give you the right to say things like "you know its far from that". From the feedback given at E3, this game was hardly a failure. Did I get what I wanted..gameplay videos....no, but it doesn't make it any less anticipated.

In regards to the article, I think its a very solid list. Even though Wildstar doesn't look like its my taste, denying its anticipation and hype would be foolish. IMO, all of these games are dwarfed by my desire to see Witcher 3 :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I don't know if THE DIVISION can be called an MMO or not, but surely is more MMO than many games covered on this website.

Whoever watched this E3 livestream had to choose THE DIVISION as the -best of show- game.

I replay the shown gameplay of that game on daily basis and still noticing more details. It's incredible and truly a next-gen game.

Originally posted by wizyy

I don't know if THE DIVISION can be called an MMO or not, but surely is more MMO than many games covered on this website.

Whoever watched this E3 livestream had to choose THE DIVISION as the -best of show- game.

I replay the shown gameplay of that game on daily basis and still noticing more details. It's incredible and truly a next-gen game.

Nope, sorry. Any game that actually presents at E3 are automatically disqualified from Best of Show.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by wizyy

Nope, sorry. Any game that actually presents at E3 are automatically disqualified from Best of Show.

Haha, hear that, Bill? :D

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    No Pirate 101? Surely they were the best game of E3.

Nope KI didn't advertise anything for their players to get free stuff to vote or pay anyone for special treatment.  They probably also didn't pay MMORPG recently with any advertising for special privileges. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I hope you're right, Bill....except for crapping my pants that is.

Joined - July 2004