Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"NeverQuest"

BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

Think about it...

What better branding to:

1.) Position this as a sandbox game where players have the freedom to create and destroy content. (As opposed to focusing on the dev generated quest-driven content.)

2.) Make it absolutely clear that this is something new and different - not just another iteration of the games they made before. (They said this was important at E3 2013).

This still has an epic fantasy vibe - think "Neverland".

Comments

• WheskyWhesky Member Posts: 125
    yes, I like! it

SWG, Eve, Planetside 2, EQN, Star Citizen

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Complete with player made xp rooms.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    But will neverquest continue to be the evercrack...?

This have been a good conversation

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Complete with player made xp rooms.

That sounds more like Everwinter.

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554

Does anyone know if the devs have said much about how questing will work? I'm assuming there won't be arrows and markers everywhere telling you what to do and that it will be more of go explore and just get into the action.

And player-generated content seems like the focus.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by tawess
    But will neverquest continue to be the evercrack...?

Nevercrack.

See, it even sends a good anti-drug message to the kids.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I was such a EQ1 fan - i would be happy with the exact same game but  2013 graphics and style. I miss that world so much,all these new games have been so watered and dumbed down. On the other hand it was my first and a fatal flaw all mmo players make is trying to compare a game to their first mmo love,nothing will ever match that feeling.
  • DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

I would be very disappointed if Everquest next were to have no actual quests. Questing is not synonymous with themepark and sandbox games can have driven, focused questing content.

But yeah, it's a good pun, but it doesn't really work as Everquest next will have quests :)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

I hope.  I'm so damn tired of being told what to do.  Let me screw up my faction rep.  Let me get creative with combat mechanics.  

I don't mind maybe a story string of quests for those that just have to be told a story, I'll skip it, but it wouldn't have anything to do with me.

Throw in a few epic quests for each class in the old EQ1 style and I would be happy.  I would like to spend 3+ months on a epic weapon quest.

Originally posted by Skuz http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pki8YRiQpY8

OMG! This is really funny!!! Was it an actual game or just a spoof?

Originally posted by Mardukk I hope. I'm so damn tired of being told what to do. Let me screw up my faction rep. Let me get creative with combat mechanics. I don't mind maybe a story string of quests for those that just have to be told a story, I'll skip it, but it wouldn't have anything to do with me. Throw in a few epic quests for each class in the old EQ1 style and I would be happy. I would like to spend 3+ months on a epic weapon quest.
    Yeah, really hoping we can escape quest grind. There's nothing worse than boring, mundane quests like "go kill 14 wolves and bring their pelts to Sarah". Quest?!? More like a tedious errand.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Bidwood

Think about it...

What better branding to:

1.) Position this as a sandbox game where players have the freedom to create and destroy content. (As opposed to focusing on the dev generated quest-driven content.)

2.) Make it absolutely clear that this is something new and different - not just another iteration of the games they made before. (They said this was important at E3 2013).

Like on Building but not Destroying.  To much like a PvP notion IMO.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

Think about it...

What better branding to:

Like on Building but not Destroying.  To much like a PvP notion IMO.

Fair enough, but please brace yourself for the possibility that PVP will be one of the pillars Georgeson talked about at PAX East 2013. And if it is, have an open mind about what they talk about and how it could be fun? =)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Think about it...

What better branding to:

exactly. Wushu aint perfect by no means, but 99% of the game has nothing to do with quests. They nailed that.

I hope the EQN, and the other sandboxes we will see the next couple years follow suit.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    EQ without quests is like TES without Dunmer, not going to happen imo.