Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4/XBOX will not play on same server with pc players.

bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
For people who are afraid to be pawned by console players, watch that interview and stop complaining about nothing-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ZpNe5iredw#!       

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    It's the same reason they don't cross-platform FPS games. PC players pwn console players. IMO you are serverely handicapped using control pads. Response times are not even comparable. I can 360 in a blink of an eye using a keyboard and mouse.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It's fairly well established that the keyboard and mouse dominates gamepad controls, so it's not the PC players that would be getting pwned.

Given that most of the game will be PvE though, I wonder if this is more of a contract issue than a technical or game play one. Microsoft is notoriously hard to work with, and there's no telling what kind of requirements Sony would put on a game where players from multiple platforms play together.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by immodium
    It's the same reason they don't cross-platform FPS games. PC players pwn console players. IMO you are serverely handicapped using control pads. Response times are not even comparable. I can 360 in a blink of an eye using a keyboard and mouse.

Like i said :) People are afraid of shame to be pawned from guys with gamepad

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

I hate that they make mmos with so much consideration for pvp. 

If it was one thing i loved about FF ths week it was the ability to play all over the house. 

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Originally posted by immodium

Like i said :) People are afraid of shame to be pawned from guys with gamepad

Not sure if you've got auto-correct on or something, but I probably should point out that there is a distinct difference between getting pawned and getting pwned. One includes a pawn ticket, then other includes lots of tears.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by lizardbones

It's fairly well established that the keyboard and mouse dominates gamepad controls, so it's not the PC players that would be getting pwned.

I've seen similar claims that PC users trump console players

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/rumor_microsoft_killed_pcxbox_cross-platform_play_because_%E2%80%9Cconsole_players_got_destroyed_every_time%E2%80%9D

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by lizardbones It's fairly well established that the keyboard and mouse dominates gamepad controls, so it's not the PC players that would be getting pwned.
    I've seen similar claims that PC users trump console players

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/rumor_microsoft_killed_pcxbox_cross-platform_play_because_%E2%80%9Cconsole_players_got_destroyed_every_time%E2%80%9D

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

I think it's more of a keyboard and mouse versus gamepad. It's just that people on PCs tend to use the keyboard and mouse and people on consoles use gamepads. I would think if you used a keyboard and mouse on a console, you'd get similar results to a keyboard and mouse on a PC.

This mostly seems to get argued on forums though. It's hard to say how accurate it is when it's just universally accepted.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

Being an old school PC Gamer I am still amazed that console is still sub par to PCs and this also goes for peripherals. Thanks for the laugh about any console gamer being able to compete with any pc gamer, it was cute :P

Finally this is starting to change with Playstation 4 and Xbox One; yet PCs are comprised of components which can be taken out and improved so this wont be for long as is the nature of the business. However I forsee consoles moving much more to the forefront in the gaming area and surely there would be many more console gamers out there if it wasn't for MMORPGs. It is this one area that console developers and game designers have to tackle and we will surely see how Elder Scrolls Online affects its outcome.

Wouldn't it be nice for a cross platform arena competition of the best players/guilds competing Cryodiil at or as an event? Then we would truly squash all doubters of PC prowess and versatility and customization that consoles cannot even remotely compete with, heh.

I may have played on an Atari 2600 back in the day yet I have yet to purchase my own console (except for my son), even though I have sold many of them. Not long ago with the purchase of Skyrim I played for the first time in well over a decade and my son and I had many a laugh and I found it to be quite enjoyable yet single player RPGs are tooooo easy for me as I am truly a MMORPG player as I played day one of Everquest back in March 1999 and since then single player games are booooring and too easy and predictible.

My prediction is that Playstation 4 will have the largest amount of players on their megaserver and for once you will see me there and you best bring it cuz I have played alongside and against the best of the best PvP guilds in MMORPGs and believe me when I say they can't SING IT, so instead they BRING IT!

Being able to be Emporer and your guild/alliance being able to have dominion over the rest of the players on your entire platform, MUAHAHAHA! You best put on a fresh pair of panties cuz these motherfreakers don't sleep and with this kind of domination and the amount of respect that could be gained from it; Ya'll simply have no idea whatsoever. Here's hoping those maniacs stay on the PC Platform, as I figure they most likely will. I preferred to be against them simply cuz I am all for the underdog and love being against great odds (I relish it) and I was the last man standing in the last relic keep in Dark Age of Camelot the day they took it from my cold dead hands on the Merlin Server. I played Ninpo an Albion Scout the first player in the world to Rank 7 Realm. If anyone here has played early DAoC and was there to truly experience and witness what I am referrring to they can attest to how harsh gameplay and death was handled in a scenerio with 3 Realms fighting for dominion in one huge zone. Dark Age of Camelot directly relates to Elder Scrolls Online in many ways as there were siege weapons and as there were keep improvements.

Simply said PC gamers have endured much more then any console gamer could ever fathom...yet now your giving many of us a reason to actually reconsider console gaming...get ready as here we come...oVo

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    OP is correct.

Console only players are such cheap and poor bastards they are likely to pawn anything they can get their hands on.
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    The reason there is no crossover play has nothing to do with the B.S. reasons stated here. The only reason there is no crossover play is because Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will not agree to it. At least not most of the time.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Xzen
    The reason there is no crossover play has nothing to do with the B.S. reasons stated here. The only reason there is no crossover play is because Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will not agree to it. At least not most of the time.

Why don't they put Xbone users on the same servers as Windows users then?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Kuanshu

Being an old school PC Gamer I am still amazed that console is still sub par to PCs and this also goes for peripherals. Thanks for the laugh about any console gamer being able to compete with any pc gamer, it was cute :P

Finally this is starting to change with Playstation 4 and Xbox One; yet PCs are comprised of components which can be taken out and improved so this wont be for long as is the nature of the business. However I forsee consoles moving much more to the forefront in the gaming area and surely there would be many more console gamers out there if it wasn't for MMORPGs. It is this one area that console developers and game designers have to tackle and we will surely see how Elder Scrolls Online affects its outcome.

Wouldn't it be nice for a cross platform arena competition of the best players/guilds competing Cryodiil at or as an event? Then we would truly squash all doubters of PC prowess and versatility and customization that consoles cannot even remotely compete with, heh.

I may have played on an Atari 2600 back in the day yet I have yet to purchase my own console (except for my son), even though I have sold many of them. Not long ago with the purchase of Skyrim I played for the first time in well over a decade and my son and I had many a laugh and I found it to be quite enjoyable yet single player RPGs are tooooo easy for me as I am truly a MMORPG player as I played day one of Everquest back in March 1999 and since then single player games are booooring and too easy and predictible.

My prediction is that Playstation 4 will have the largest amount of players on their megaserver and for once you will see me there and you best bring it cuz I have played alongside and against the best of the best PvP guilds in MMORPGs and believe me when I say they can't SING IT, so instead they BRING IT!

Being able to be Emporer and your guild/alliance being able to have dominion over the rest of the players on your entire platform, MUAHAHAHA! You best put on a fresh pair of panties cuz these motherfreakers don't sleep and with this kind of domination and the amount of respect that could be gained from it; Ya'll simply have no idea whatsoever. Here's hoping those maniacs stay on the PC Platform, as I figure they most likely will. I preferred to be against them simply cuz I am all for the underdog and love being against great odds (I relish it) and I was the last man standing in the last relic keep in Dark Age of Camelot the day they took it from my cold dead hands on the Merlin Server. I played Ninpo an Albion Scout the first player in the world to Rank 7 Realm. If anyone here has played early DAoC and was there to truly experience and witness what I am referrring to they can attest to how harsh gameplay and death was handled in a scenerio with 3 Realms fighting for dominion in one huge zone. Dark Age of Camelot directly relates to Elder Scrolls Online in many ways as there were siege weapons and as there were keep improvements.

Simply said PC gamers have endured much more then any console gamer could ever fathom...yet now your giving many of us a reason to actually reconsider console gaming...get ready as here we come...oVo

Funny ... I see it entirely different. The way it's going, I see pc gaming coming back to the forefront of gaming as consoles become less relevant as time goes on. The proof is in the fact you can build a fairly decent gaming pc for only $500 now. Consoles dominated mostly due to it being affordable compared to computers. These prices are about to converge and become equal to each other. Then you will have to ask, why buy a console when you can buy a computer just as powerful for the same price?

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Sony and Nintendo would likely tell them they couldn't release on their system unless they get cross play as well.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Sony and Nintendo would likely tell them they couldn't release on their system unless they get cross play as well.

Maybe you are right but there still would be a massive amount of drama between gamepad and keyboard mouse users since this games major selling point is pvp.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Maybe you are right but there still would be a massive amount of drama between gamepad and keyboard mouse users since this games major selling point is pvp.

Maybe so. However A lot of people played FFXI (One of the only cross play games ) with a keyboard on the PS4 and Xbox. There is nothing keeping people from using them on a console if they feel it gives them a competitive edge.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    ... Then you will have to ask, why buy a console when you can buy a computer just as powerful for the same price?

70" screen with theater surround?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin
    ... Then you will have to ask, why buy a console when you can buy a computer just as powerful for the same price?

You can't hook up a PC to a 70' screen and have theater surround? =)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Of course you can but who does? Mine is hooked up to the PS3...and Apple TV...and Xbox 360 :) (the last 2 free with promotions.)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by GwapoJosh Originally posted by Xzen The reason there is no crossover play has nothing to do with the B.S. reasons stated here. The only reason there is no crossover play is because Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo will not agree to it. At least not most of the time.

I could see this. Anything that gives their competitor a perceived advantage would be a big no-no.

If Nintendo thinks there would be far fewer players on the Wii U, and this would have a negative impact on the Wii U players, they may not want the Wii U players on the same server as the other players. They may just not like the culture that they might think would exist if the other platforms are on the same server as the Wii U players. At the same time, they don't want the Wii U players to feel like they've been isolated from the other players, unless everyone plays on their own server. It's all or nothing. Everyone plays together, or nobody plays together.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I really wish I was a PVP player , then I would challenge anyone to try and beat me on SWTOR with my 360 controller :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I'm still really torn on this topic. I'm def leaning toward PC, but I want to play on my 70" Sharp/Pioneer Elite big screen. My PC normally sits in my home office. If I want to play on my big screen, that means either buy a second PC or lugging it back and forth and reconnecting all the time. The reason I was totally against this game on a PS4 is because with Skyrim, I sucked at aiming arrows and spells with an XBOX 360 controller attached to my PC. Now that I see that ESO combat is tab target with some skill around directional aiming, dodge, block, etc, maybe it won't matter either way.

There Is Always Hope!

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152

Of course you can but who does? Mine is hooked up to the PS3...and Apple TV...and Xbox 360 :) (the last 2 free with promotions.)

Raises hand...better graphics, user generated content, choice of control method, better and more options for settings, etc, plus big screen TV, surround sound, and comfort of living room gaming.  Can also play on PC monitor if I choose to with no hassle at all.  Consoles are way to locked down and it sucks being limited to what the console manufactures think I need.  Also not having control over things like v-sync is a real bummer.  I hate screen tearing.

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by keithian
    I'm still really torn on this topic. I'm def leaning toward PC, but I want to play on my 70" Sharp/Pioneer Elite big screen. My PC normally sits in my home office. If I want to play on my big screen, that means either buy a second PC or lugging it back and forth and reconnecting all the time. The reason I was totally against this game on a PS4 is because with Skyrim, I sucked at aiming arrows and spells with an XBOX 360 controller attached to my PC. Now that I see that ESO combat is tab target with some skill around directional aiming, dodge, block, etc, maybe it won't matter either way.

If you don't mind running Ethernet cables you could use an HDMI over Ethernet adapter and a long USB cable for the controller/remote/kb&m and just leave your PC in the office and play on your TV in the living room.

My PC is about a hundred feet away from my tv thanks to HDMI over Ethernet.

Originally posted by AticusWelles

Raises hand...better graphics, user generated content, choice of control method, better and more options for settings, etc, plus big screen TV, surround sound, and comfort of living room gaming.  Can also play on PC monitor if I choose to with no hassle at all.  Consoles are way to locked down and it sucks being limited to what the console manufactures think I need.  Also not having control over things like v-sync is a real bummer.  I hate screen tearing.

A bunch of my friends do. I would, but my wife and kids would not be happy with me if I took the Samsung 60" 3Dtv for my PC and gaming stuff and left them with a much smaller tv every time I just wanted mess around on my PC.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by AticusWelles
    Originally posted by keithian

If you don't mind running Ethernet cables you could use an HDMI over Ethernet adapter and a long USB cable for the controller/remote/kb&m and just leave your PC in the office and play on your TV in the living room.

My PC is about a hundred feet away from my tv thanks to HDMI over Ethernet.

hmmmm thank you, I'm not familiar with HDMI over Ethernet. I'll need to look into that. Right now because my area is so congested with Wireless traffic, I have an ethernet cable running from my home office in the walls to an ethernet hub that splits the connections across my receiver/tv, PS3, Apple TV, and DVD/Bluray. What I don't want to do is open up the walls again if that is required for that HDMI over Ethernet.

There Is Always Hope!