Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess the game (PvP community)

BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Last weekend I was leveling my character, questing and such. While wandering about, I see a player surrounded by about 10 mobs. This game has a tagging policy, so you can't killsteal if someone hit the mob 1st. Obviously, all the mobs were already tagged, and I proceeded to help the guy out, figuring that it would be the nice thing to do in such an occasion. We finish killing every last mob, and the next thing I know, he flags red, and PKs me, screaming "NOOOOB" in local chat.

Needless to say, I was stunned... I have played in lots of PvP games, and the full zone open PvP is a thing that appeals to me, but I have never had something like this happen. It saddens me, because this kind of things happen on a daily basis from what I understand in this game, and the community is one to compete with the worst ones.

I wonder if you guys will guess the game this happened, just based on my story, and keeping in mind the community this game has to offer (BEWARE!).

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Now you understand why, no matter how fantastic they look, games like Black Desert and ArcheAge are pure poison.

I've said it before. I blame RMT. Nobody makes an MMO for free. Everyone needs to pay their bills. If you will RMT skim money off someones game, moral's aren't an issue.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Well, I'm going to guess Darkfall. I've never played it, but the IQ level of the guy seems a good match.

I would have also guessed Mortal Online, except I recall not having to flag to pk there.

I always enjoyed playing the part of the "gene-pool cleaner" by having me and 6 friends roam around in such games killing ONLY the idiots like you ran into, over and over and over till they quit. While helping the average player we came across. Sadly such people are rare in such games.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Its isnt darkfall, Darkfall doesnt have a mob tagging system in it.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

he flags red, and PKs me, screaming "NOOOOB" in local chat.

Pick your title, assume a newbie.

Happens all the time in titles that include flagging as a feature, and people that don't understand how it works.

Newbies also tend to be fascinated with liberally screaming "noob" at others. Build yourself up by tearing others down esteem issues, right?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

hmmm.... Hello Kitty Online?

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Could be the TERA PvP server.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

Well, I'm going to guess Darkfall. I've never played it, but the IQ level of the guy seems a good match.

I would have also guessed Mortal Online, except I recall not having to flag to pk there.

I always enjoyed playing the part of the "gene-pool cleaner" by having me and 6 friends roam around in such games killing ONLY the idiots like you ran into, over and over and over till they quit. While helping the average player we came across. Sadly such people are rare in such games.

I did the same thing on Mordred (DAOC). It was so much fun corpse camping griefers!

They would cry and cry in chat, not ever realizing what hypocrites they are...lol

Edit: sorry, my pic is TERA, since you have to flag for pvp

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Novusod and Adalwulff win, it was TERA PvP server..

Now, don't get me wrong, if I can find a guild with decent, normal people, I will probably stick a while around.. but my god, the community...

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    ill stab at neverwinter

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Isn't he even a little ashamed that he was PK'd by a guy screaming "nooobb"?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    TERA would have been my guess too. I preordered and did most of the betas and played a few months before quitting. The community has to be one of the worst I've experienced. I ended up moving to the RP server because it was a little bit more tolerable there and actually started to enjoy myself. Between the PvP epeen guys and the loli lovers, it was just too much for me to handle.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Its funny to hear this now, because I just started playing TERA

I started out on a PvE server, and the community was awesome, mostly. One guy gave me 150g to get started.

I recently rolled a toon on a PvP server, and the community was still pretty good. The only real issue were all the Outlaws camped at the bridge leaving town....lol

I simply changed channels and went about my business  :)