Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next weekend come already!

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
I miss the music and the beautiful graphics and wonderful story of FFXIV. Please let this week fly by so I can be hugged by your wonderfulness once more FFXIV. I mean the feels and nostalgia I got from playing this past weekend... Goodness, I am so excited for this game to finally be released and am shocked that it's getting such little attention.

Smile

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    What happens next weekend?
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    How do you know the servers will be open next weekend exactly ?
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Do you guys not read up on the schedules of the phases? This phase lasts 4 weeks (more if more time is needed) with Beta resuming each weekend.

Smile

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Start up the Delorean, McFly. 
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    I am from 1.0, can I still play if I register?
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by nomss

If you're from 1.0 you should automatically be in beta already.

Smile

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Do you guys not read up on the schedules of the phases? This phase lasts 4 weeks (more if more time is needed) with Beta resuming each weekend.

I've read have you?  The testing schedule currently says the next test time is TBA.  And, it says 1-4 weeks as well.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Dammit this is killing me, I want to play too!!
  • PWNDPWND Member Posts: 6
    I miss the music and the beautiful graphics and wonderful story of FFXIV. Please let this week fly by so I can be hugged by your wonderfulness once more FFXIV. I mean the feels and nostalgia I got from playing this past weekend... Goodness, I am so excited for this game to finally be released and am shocked that it's getting such little attention.

I think we must be playing some different game.  Please let me see this wonderful story....   Combat is terrible global cooldowns on attack skills make a long boring attack.

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I'm with NetSage here... I haven't read anything about the beta servers coming up every weekend...
  • striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Speaking from experience from previous phases, the servers are up every weekend during a phase, and the latter half of this phase they will be up for a longer period of time.
  • macarter0327macarter0327 Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by nomss

If you're from 1.0 you should automatically be in beta already.

Yea that isn't true

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

OP that almost sounds like a prayer to Yoshi P :3.  But I'm with you 100%, nothing will make this week go by fast enough.  I can't wait to swish my tail, sit on fence posts, and poke things with my spear again.  For I am Kalzah Nunh lancer extraordinaire, adventurer, and fish gobbling Miqo'te!  Many fell denizens will be laid waste to and all enemies of Eorzea and the Crystal shall perish!  o.o ....... yep can't wait to play.

• wonkayangwonkayang Member UncommonPosts: 4
    This game is pretty nice so far, but personally I don't suggest you put too much time into the beta if you are taking part in it. Unless you want to do everything over again when the game releases (second time around for me) or if they wipe for the next beta phase. It is a good chance however to play through all the starting city story quest since you well most likely only have 1 character when the game launches
  • SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I'll try hard to limit myself from completing too much content but from what I hear they've censored or omitted some of the most important story elements from the beta version.  As you said at least I'll be familiar with the best routes for xp and the like when it launches for real.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by PWND

I think we must be playing some different game.  Please let me see this wonderful story....   Combat is terrible global cooldowns on attack skills make a long boring attack.

You're right lets go back to gaming before GCD's when everyone just had a macro keyboard that hit all the buttons at once, Ala DAoC.  

You must be crazy.

You do realize that the reason a GCD exists is for latency and for compelling balanced gameplay?  I bet you don't.

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

If you have a 1.0 service account you are guaranteed access to phase 4, BUT keep in mind that the invites are likely being sent out in waves, so just be patient and check your spam folders! 

And yes, during a phase the game is up every weekend. ANd later in this phase, the server wil be up continuously (at least until p3 ends and then we wait again for p4)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Trolls will be trolls, think he is butthurt his mmo went pay to win.

Cant wait for the next beta weekend ^^

Originally posted by Mothanos

Pay to win? I think you mean pay to play, right? 

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Am I the only person who wishes they would quit the weekend nonsense and just open up a phase for a full week? Some of us work on the weekend. -_-

<3

• aplaneraplaner Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Am I the only person who wishes they would quit the weekend nonsense and just open up a phase for a full week? Some of us work on the weekend. -_-

so fu*king true

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

There will be an extended period of testing near the end of phase 3, before the start of phase 4

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by redcloud16

Pay to play?  I think you mean pay to enhance reading comprehension, right?

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by PWND

4 posts so I was in 2 minds as to whether to bother to reply.

If you don't like GCD tab-target combat then FF XIV: ARR just isn't for you. There are numerous MMOs in the market without either element so play one of those instead. It may come as news to you, but just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it should conform to your preferences. The MMO market is saturated and you're spoilt for choice of something that might be more to your tastes.

Originally posted by Homitu
    Originally posted by redcloud16

Pay to play?  I think you mean pay to enhance reading comprehension, right?

No need to be rude, holy cow. 

I thought you were talking about FFXIV, sorry I have no idea what his mmo is.