Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Confirmed for Next-Gen Consoles & Spring 2014 Release

1235»

Comments

• YimelosYimelos Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Coolit
    Damn they delayed it, but I'm glad they aren't just going to rush and launch early like SWTOR with a buggy incomplete game. 

I think the only reason for the delay is to make the console versions and not to polish it.All their resources now will go that way...

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Uh oh...

And FFXIV.  I wonder how well this is going to work.  I don't see it going well, but I'm cynical.

Agree, time frame is too close. And I want to play both. At least 3 months would be great.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    IMO that is so far away it isn't even worth the time to discuss it......Its like when people were arguing over Titan.....Until the game reaches late closed/open beta phase its just a waste of time.....Same thing with EQN.
  • OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Uh oh...

lol watch out consoles are going mmo

Yes and there is already an effect over on the official game forums for the game. We use to have a nice community now the console players are there each thread is turning into a flame war.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Dameonk

If the controls had been designed with PCs in mind this would have been a simple double click on the NPC, double click on the weapon, open inventory, drag item to weapon slot.

A similar problem existed with Skyrim, it was obvious that the mouse was never intended to be part of the control scheme.

This is a problem that just about every PC game that is released on console first suffers from, I don't see any reason to believe that ESO won't fall into the same category.

OMFG so true it hurts.  This is a great reason why I feel that a PC only version would of been the proper thing to do.  Until a Console can have the ease of use and quality of life style an MMO should never be ported to a Console.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I have no problem with making games available for everyone. In fact all recent TES games have been for consoles as well.

Only requirement is that they design things like the UI specifically for a platform and don't just release the console version on PC.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

/thread. This is why PC gamers wont keep playing a MMO designed to play on a console. 

Nice pretty graph. too bad it doesn't consider the next Gen consoles. Like to see the stats on that. I'm no fan of consoles , if fact I hate them , but if you're going to roll stuff out it needs to relevant to the systems theses new games will be played on. That said Elder Scrolls Online on consoles = ugh. I get there's a push to by M$ and $ony to get these systems populated and probably incentives. It just sucks. this graph will be probably relevant in 5 years again.

It wont matter... when they build a console they expect to get 4-6 years out of the system before they need to design a new one. PS3 is already about 7 years old. How long will it take the PC market to come out with something equal or more powerful then a console? My bet within the 1st year as thats been the norm. Now the MMO and the console is 2 years old. How far behind is Xbox One and the PS4 tech now? lol Are the new MMOs scaling the game to the old PS4, or the new PCs? My bet... the new PC. Now where does that leave ESO 1-2 years after their launch? Way behind the times. 

Your argument isn't really logical.

You say that ESO will be behind the times because it is on consoles and the PC has a much faster graphical progression.

But that doesn't matter, because when it is released, it isn't likely that the game will receive any major graphical overhauls, regardless of the platforms it is released on. In other words, released games always run behind the times.

In general,  MMO's that go through major updates like that seem to be rather rare and the ones that receive them have usually had a very long lifespan.

Triple-A MMO's go through graphical overhauls almost every expansion so you are wrong.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• jokstarjokstar Member Posts: 3

This is conversation is getting boring.....not once has anyone mentioned Kinect or Eye. Keyboards and a mouse will be dead soon enough.

The new consoles are strangely enough "gaming consoles" and do pack a bit of processing power combined with custom graphics chips etc.

And yea, PC's can be rigged to be more powerful but to get top of the line machines you need to spend   a lot more money then it cost for a new console.

So much hate now days.....

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

The difference of graphical computing power between current consoles and top line gfx cards, has so far been quite vast, like the PC is x13 times more powerful.

However, according to Nvidia, when the next gen of consoles launches later this year, the difference between these new consoles and for example a GFX Titan will "only" be x2,5, in favor of the Titan.

Thats a huge gap reduction, and shows that at least at launch, the consoles should be quite equal to PC, especially considering how few uses GFX Titans etc.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by Olgark
    Originally posted by bestever Originally posted by Fendel84M Uh oh...
    lol watch out consoles are going mmo
    Yes and there is already an effect over on the official game forums for the game. We use to have a nice community now the console players are there each thread is turning into a flame war.

Considering the many sweeping generalizations and insults levied by PC gamers towards console gamers in this thread Im thinking that the console gamers are not entirely at fault for these flame wars.

Yes, you can have a "nice community" when you exclude everyone that is different from you.