Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by atziluth

The 24 hour ping isn't just for game DRM. Its for the box itself. They want to stop the mods and the cheaters on xbox live and this will do it. Not that they won't try and they will but they won't succeed this time. It was so easy to soft mod the 360 and still play online with cheats. So they came up with this. I'm not sure if many of you played COD MW2 on 360 but that had a crazy hack. If you played with someone that had this hack it would infect your xbox, then you would pass it to the next person and so on. MS couldn't pin point anyone so they started banning people who did nothing but play the game. They final killed the hack but it screwed a lot of gamer's up. So when I see that they want to ping the system to stop things like this and keep the multiplayer  games hack free I'm all for it. Those people will  go and do it on PS4. Sony will come up with some way to stop them and it could end up being something similar.

In the end gamer's will choose the system that fits them the best. I just see a lot of hate over a gaming console that's just not needed. Its a waste of energy and people could be doing more constructive thing but its the age of the internet and hate. We should just rename it to HATENET since that's all I every see anymore.

I'll be getting both in do time since they are both great consoles and have great games I want to play. I want the games and won't sweat the small things.

This is said every time something new is tried and every time it is utterly false... Usually within 60 days of release. 

Will have to wait and see. You can say its false but if it pings and the system comes back with one small line of code wrong the system will be shut down. 

First, I did not say it was false, I said every previous time it was false. You are the one claim THIS time it will be different. I say until proven the exception I will stick with the rule... There is no DRM to date that has been effective. At best previous attempts have been speed bumps. It is a great way for marketing to pump up prices. If you want to believe that MS has suddenly become competent at security, by all means. 

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by colddog04

I am going to preface this by saying that there is no way in hell that I am going to purchase an XBox One.

However, for the people that feel like once Microsoft shuts down their server service for Xbox One that they will lose access to their games because of the online requirement, Microsoft will likely just remove the online requirement for XBox One at that point. The idea that they would choose to turn it into a brick instead of removing the requirement is a little too tinfoil hat for me to accept.

If they seriously do that then it would go down as the biggest dick move in gaming history. "Oh we had a switch to turn off the 24-hour check-in at anytime. We just kinda banked on the vocal minority to move along after their protest and let the less resistant gamers accept our way of doing things."

At that point I will probably grab a X1 and hit up Amazon to scoop up a few key titles and think to myself how in the world did gamers get so freakin stupid to allow a mega-corp to plug them in a nanny system and collect data on them for 10 years just to simply enjoy a freakin hobby? All while watching MS reveal the XBox 2 with retinal scanning and all digital software on the cloud with data storage plans available.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Jesus Christ, some of you people really need to learn how to edit your posts so we don't get walls of quotes. 

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by jtcgs

^This x10

I see no comments about anyone being converted by what he said, if anything it made them go out and confirm that he was omitting everything that confirm exactly what is being said about the system. I guess his work was nothing more than to come here and create a long thread.

I think there was actually one random guy like 6-10 pages back. . .

Woah, I guess his work really IS done!

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70

Xbox One, what people don't know but should:

The fact that the "Kinect" sensor is constantly on, is advanced enough to distinguish between individuals, and can monitor you even in the dark, while the xbox transmits data back to Microsoft, (I believe it's recording audio too). I'm sorry, that's just plain creepy, and there's no way I'm ever letting one of those things in my living room.

Hey, it's just like Steam! Ya, no, not really. Steam doesn't force the camera/mic on my PC to surveil my office while transmitting data back to Valve. 

http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-creepy-monitoring-feature-might-track-often-132033907.html

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Milander
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

How do you figure the price is better?

PS4 399.99 XB1 499.99.....

End result...the same. Why? Because the PS4 With the Eye is 499.99 *or just about* With the XB1 the kinect with use to be a 99 dollar addition comes standard.

The quality? Of what? The parts inside? Same chips made by the same company with minor differences. So are you saying the AMD chips in the PS4 are higher quality than the XB1? Doubtfull.

Features, overhead costs, games, bells and whistles? Who knows, they can say whatever they want, the systems arent even at the stores yet. Things change from E3 to release.

But I will say one thing,Sony said they made the PS3 capable of running Linux and they were not going to take that away....Look what happened?

Another cost people seem to miss on the PS4, the 'extra' 70 or whatever bucks a year you're going to have to pay for a PSN+ account. I still have people crying FOUL! when I bring up that with the ps4 to play online you need a plus membership.

For me, I'm happy with my 360 and my ps3 for now. I will keep my eye on both and hopefully closer to release when they actually show something that could NOT just have been a PC running 'XB1-Fake"dows...or "PS4dos"

So keep an open mind, and a closed wallet....Not a closed mind and an open wallet, like THEY want you :)

Now in regards to the price the new Playstation Eye it has already been confirmed to have a price of $59.99 so that is cheaper also PS+ is cheaper then Gold membership so it is cheaper to use a PS4 online in the long run also while this defeats the purpose of many of the features should a person solely want to play single-player games the PS4 would again be cheaper due to not requiring a broadband internet connection which is at a minimum around $30 and upwards of $100 a month.

PS+ is at the most $17 a month or $50 for a year also if you time your purchases correctly you can usually get a few months tacked on to your purchase for free I got 4 months a $20 value for free with my 1 year membership and my friend through the smart use of offers was able to get a whole extra year for free you also get access to random recently released blockbuster games this month they are Xcom, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3 later this month.

So yes price wise the PS4 is cheaper without a doubt also spec wise Jack Tretton came out and said it directly at the camera during his Geoff Keighley E3 interview that the PS4 is without a doubt the most powerful game console and if anyone doubts this they can feel free to ask any third-party developer.

As for more powerful I will have to wait and let the games speak for them selves. I saw both shows and Microsofts games looked way better to me. Remedy seems to think different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rly8s1ZkkL4&list=FLksoyDFtH--Rg7IaTzzU_gw

Subjective.

I found The Order 1866 and Infamous:Second Sons more compelling than any of the truly exclusive(not coming to PC) games M$ showcased.

I am a PC gamer and don't own a xbox 360 or PS3 but when I look at exclusive IPs I find things like Infamous,God of War,Uncharted and Last of Us more compelling than Gears of War and Halo.But again that's just me and subjective.

For me I find games like Halo, Alan Wake, Gears Of War and Fable better games then Uncharted, God Of War and Infamous. I watch my son play those games all the time and if I was still maybe 16 I probably would too. Too bad those days are long gone.

How old is your son are you actually one of those parents who let their child play games designated for 17+ and then all of us have to suffer when some idiot goes on a school shooting and the media lashes out at video games for corrupting childrens' minds when the games always shown are NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN.

Dont blame games, blame the bad parents

You pretty much stated that what I said is false and will be proven false in 60 day of release. I never said it wouldn't be hacked but MS has found away to stop us from burning disc's for the 360 so yeah they might have one hell of a DRM in place.

Umm...wut?

You can hack a 360 and copy discs...lol. there have been step by step videos on how to do it on youtube for years now with copies of most games up on most gaming torrent sites.

Anyway, news keeps getting worse for the X1, some Euro retailers are not going to carry it due to its region limitations that will prevent people from playing games on vacations and business trips and not being able to purchase games outside your region and playing them on your system...and now even...

http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-xbox-one-indie-games-policy-baffles-developer-233036169.html

In addition to all the other controversies surrounding the Xbox One, we’re now hearing grumblings from independent developers who are unhappy that Microsoft is telling them that they need to have a publisher to sell their games on the Xbox One marketplace. Eurogamer last week talked with Lorne Lanning, the head of independent game developer Oddworld Inhabitants, who said that Microsoft’s new restrictions on independent studios mean that his company won’t release any new games for the Xbox One or the Xbox 360.

[More from BGR: Cable companies are pulling punches in fight with Google Fiber]

“Why do we need a publisher when we self-finance our games, we build our own IP, we manage our own IP and we’ve turned nearly two million units online as indie publishers sold — not free downloads?” Lanning asked rhetorically, while noting that Sony has chosen to take a very different path with its new PlayStation 4. “I believe, because there are so many seasoned, long-term game builders involved with the new PlayStation, they recognise the real innovations are going to come out of this space where people have the freedom and the insanity to try crazy new stuff.”

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

1. You can still play offline and we don't know that it'll brick your system. It could be as easy as the steam code when I change IP address's. This is speculation on your part.2. I'll just pick up a 2TB hard drive problem solved. I use a 32gb thumb drive for my 360.3.More speculation as we don't know how the memory will be shared and when a game launches the OS's could go to low memory use while playing games. Hope PS4 gets the Gddr5 channels working right with the CPU side of the APU or that will have issues and don't try to give me BS on this because we would be running that on PC if it worked so good and not DDR3.4. You must hate steam. If the games go digital the cost comes down. Not that we don't have greedy (Looking at you EA) publishers that try to charge the same price. They might also start a digital rental system which would be nice to have but that's just speculation on my part. Hope they do it.http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/05/26/microsoft-responds-to-xbox-one-used-game-rumors/Don't get me wrong MS had gone about this a little ass backwards and should just open up and let the consumer know and they will. They could still be finalising all this as well. This all could change before the system even drops. It could just be a test to see how the reaction would be. Most publishers and dev's want this type of system, so don't hate on just MS its the all of them.

Re: 1. Not authenticating every 24 hours will mostly brick the system until you authenticate. You can watch movies and television.

2. Meh. The external hard drive will not be optional if one of the features is using the Xbox One like a DVR.

3. The XBox will be running three operating systems and this will take 3GB of ram. This is confirmed by Microsoft. Sony's ram is also faster. It's debatable what kind of impact this will actually have though.

4. If Microsoft's goal was digital game delivery, they should have started with that, instead of applying digital game rules to disc games. It was a stupid move, and doesn't make any sense, unless Microsoft will profit from it. Wait, now it does make sense. People will have to buy more new games, every one of which will give Microsoft a kickback.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AkaisAkais Member UncommonPosts: 274

I presently have both the 360, Wii, and the PS3. Given the showings on the new systems I'll expect to only be getting the PS4, unless the Wii U can get their act together.

The restrictions and possibilities that can be reached with the X1 make it a no go for me.

Using  the X1 with your Cable Provider will doubtless come with some loaded cost (startup) from said provider. XLive will become a requirement.

Who knows what a hiccup or failure from a gen 1 system of this type will cause? Loss of DVR recordings? Loss of cable service? Loss of a BD movie ?

Having a system that reads gestures so well potentially opens the user up to reactive advertising (that thing we all work to avoid on our PC).

The X1 is an awesome idea, but it makes me think of some of the previous versions of the Windows browser... The ones that made me to stop using Windows browsers.

• GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Member Posts: 1,832

I say this as someone who has owned both an xbox and xbox360 and not a playstation. PS4 is far and away the better alternative for me as it offers more versatility, control and choice in how I can use the product with no real lossin in functionality that I can see.

- I can play games that don't have any online play elements (how I normaly use consoles) without having to be connected to the internet in situations where I can or don't want thay access.

- I am allowed perfect control over how and when any game updates are applied so I don't need to risk introduction of game breaking bugs that are so often found in day 1 updates when the game is already functioning perfectly well.

- I can sit my kid down in front of the console unattended with perfect knowledge that he can't find his way past someones flawed parental control software to get to content I don't want him exposed to.

- I don't need to worry about someone (including Microsoft) hacking into the microphone or camera to invade my privacy, get more information about my gaming habits then I want them to have or bombard me with unwelcomed advertisement.

- I actualy get to OWN (physical disks) rather then just lease access to games.....10 years from now when the service provider discontinues service on a game I own, I can still play it.

- Everything still works when the internet connection is out.

- I can recoup some value from the games I own if I don't want to play them anymore by selling or trading the disks.

- I don't need to wory about my console getting viruses.

- I don't need to worry about opening up uneccesary holes in my firewall.

- I don't need to worry about the device getting into an unstable state, because when it's "off", it's actualy off not just hibernating.

- I am not placed at the whims of some outside entity as to when my device will be "obsoleted" and no longer work without being "upgraded". I decide when it's time to shelve my console, not the manufacturer.

I understand what Microsoft is trying to do here. In general, it's a good deal for Microsoft not the consumer as it makes the consumer entirely dependant upon Microsoft and thier ongoing business decisions as to whether the device provides any usefull finctionality. It's essentialy paying full price to lease rather then own an entertainment system. Why would any consumer possibly want that? With the PS4.....I would still have the option of playing games online...but only when I want to do so.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

I have a question about security!

Is microsoft doing their games 100%/XX%  cloud? if thats true, will microsoft games be more cheater/hacker free than lets say gaming on PSN? 

• shikyo111shikyo111 Member Posts: 10
    PS4 >> Xbox1. Enough said
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

Is microsoft doing their games 100%/XX%  cloud? if thats true, will microsoft games be more cheater/hacker free than lets say gaming on PSN? 

The Halo cgi teaser mention it, but since nothing is known of that there's no real details. The only game with any concrete info on it is Forza, and they're just using it as a giant server for AI profiles that your game downloads when you race.

Think of the ghost fighter feature in Tekken and how you can download others' for your fighting or your AI copy in Virtua Fighter 4 Evo.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

The Halo cgi teaser mention it, but since nothing is known of that there's no real details. The only game with any concrete info on it is Forza, and they're just using it as a giant server for AI profiles that your game downloads when you race.

Think of the ghost fighter feature in Tekken and how you can download others' for your fighting or your AI copy in Virtua Fighter 4 Evo.

a little info here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_gaming

im asking this cause i have a huge aversion of cheating, its so big that i might even get a xbone( and i really dont want to D:), 

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    At the end of the day the whole issue revolves around control and the software and hardware manufacturers trying to establish more of it and change the current financial relationship between them and the consumer. It will be interesting to watch play out because if Microsoft's gamble pays off, how we buy games is for forever changed. Ford and GMC don't get residuals when their creations are resold and they have put just as much effort and money into their products.

im asking this cause i have a huge aversion of cheating, its so big that i might even get a xbone( and i really dont want to D:), 

Yes, I do know what cloud gaming is. But as I said, only Halo and Forza 5 have really mentioned it, and we know nothing of the Halo beyond the CGI teaser; Forza 5 is not even using it as such, and more of a server storage for AI profiles to download.

In theory, a fully cloud powered game would be very hard to cheat in. But no game is using it as such as of now, and haven't heard of anyone going in that direction.

So if you really care about that, then just keep an eye out if such a game is announced.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    It's always amusing watching the Xbox and PS fanboys pillow wars. In two years time or less a mid range pc will blow both consoles out of the water in terms of processing power and storage / data transfer capabilities.

It doesn't remove cheating, it just makes some forms of cheating harder.

About all it does is make finding big cheaters easier, doesn't mean they are going to actively hunt them down and stop them.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by TsaboHavoc a little info here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_gaming im asking this cause i have a huge aversion of cheating, its so big that i might even get a xbone( and i really dont want to D:), 

About all it does is make finding big cheaters easier, doesn't mean they are going to actively hunt them down and stop them.

It removes one avenue for cheaters to cheat. It would remove exploits or cheaters, because that would require the design and the code to be 100% secure. Things like auction house exploits occur on the server anyway, so it wouldn't eliminate stuff like that. However, things like flying hacks, invisible walls, walking through walls, stuff like that could be pretty much eliminated.

So it really depends on what you mean by eliminating cheaters.

Microsoft's stated plan is to handle some processing in the cloud. They haven't mentioned using the cloud to run an entire game. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Sony is planning on running PS3 games in the cloud, and streaming them to the PS3, PS4 and Vita. This is cloud gaming. I don't think there's any reason Microsoft couldn't do this, but I haven't seen or read anything where they've stated they are doing it.

Nvidia is doing similar things with their Shield device and if you have a newer Nvidia card in your PC, you can stream games from your PC to that little Shield device as well.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Well, a true cloud-based game would be hard to cheat in since you're not running anything locally and you're just getting the image streamed to you.

But in application, yeah you're right since I really doubt MS will ever it us as such. Really, the cloud propaganda from MS is just pr bs. Technically, every MMO we play is "powered by the cloud" in the sense they're trying to use it. After all, we tend to rely heavily on their servers. But I think we all know the issues that comes with that, and it certainly doesn't stop cheaters.

Sony is probably the only that's really going to try true cloud-based gaming with Gaikai on PS2/3 titles. But I don't think it's really going to work that well.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

PS4 has a neat little feature that XBOX one doesn't.

The feature to chat with someone while your playing and if you are having problems that person can take over your game and show you how its done. 

PS Vita remote play.

Now im not sure over the internet but with their cloud service (Giakia sp?) im pretty sure you can play your ps4 games over the internet while your not at home. For sure through your home network. Every game has to be made for that .

Indie game play. 

You can play and support the indie market. while Xbox they wont be there cause they have to pay for a publisher.

so Odd world new and tasty (might not show up on XBOX) and newer games arent. 

DayZ standalone isnt coming on the Xbox but will be on PS4

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/developers-explain-leaning-towards-playstation-4-over-xbox-one

oh and the kinect always on. That is a feature PS4 doesnt have.

and if developers are worried about trade ins. they should make better games.

a great article from Pres. of nintendo of america

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4426338/nintendo-if-youre-worried-about-used-game-sales-make-better-games

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177

I think the OP .. 'Mannish' ...is spot on really. Microsoft was far too technical with the approach of their reveal and have never made the simple statement of the digital nature / heart that fuels the Xbox One, therefore being limitless versus the Playstation 4 which could be perceived as being 'old' in a way. The reason the PS4 seem's to have done so well is that is has appealed to the 'retro' crowd who want to relive the experience of the bygone day's of their PS2 etc and running into 'Game' for a game ..... though now you'll have a right game finding a shop that hasn't gone bump!!!

I am staggered that for years we have all been threatened with the collapse of the gaming industry due to piracy and in comes the Xbox One with the technology to actually protect companies intellectual properties and BOOM , it would seem folks are moaning that their freedom's have been thwarted and now they feel they don't actually own the game. 

For years on the PC we have been downloading games .... and the new thing is to actually play the game (beta) for free ... play it to death, then blow it to pieces and jump onto the next developers prototype without ever the care for a physical disc. I think we all just like to moan, moan and moan some more. ....And where do we offer our flawless opinions ....on the net. So I think at least in the Western World it is not ridiculous to suggest that you need an online connection to play the Xbox One .... How many games on this illustrious forum can we play without being connected??? ......hmmmm .... 

I think the PS4 will certainly have it's success and the fact that you can play your old games via a complicated third party streaming process has gone down a storm with those wanting to cling on to their retro memories. Personally my loft is crammed full of every console or PC from the ZX Spectrum 48K and Vic 20 and only on the very minor occasions have they been dusted off ... and I refer to the PS2 and Original Xbox also in this regard ......

Being an MMO fan ... I must say that for me the Xbox One seem's to have the Edge and offers a package to suit the genre. I still prefer a PC but that's because I am old and can afford to be stubborn ..... both my lads however ....one 18 the other 20 ....have Xbox 360's and so it appears have many of their mates. ...With my youngest constantly frowning at me when I purposely try to embarrass him by bursting in on his game, fueled by too many can's of cheap lager..... though 5% minimum or I'm not interested.

I suppose as with all thing's because Microsoft with it's Xbox 360 and 'Live' service has been the darling of the console world for several years it becomes quite normal for the desire for a new King, President or Prime minister and for many a change is as good as a rest. But another cliche in 'being careful what you wish', could well apply to Sony's new machine ..... many marketeer or trader with a long van will certainly be rooting for them .....

Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

Well, a true cloud-based game would be hard to cheat in since you're not running anything locally and you're just...

There was a cloud hacking gathering at the last 3 DEFCONs and hosted by Fortify Software...cloud computing is not safe, in fact they found that it is far more vulnerable. Try to remember that the cloud is new and companies have barely even begun to work out the kinks.

Guess that's why it only took about 3 days for ONLive to be hacked and though they have been catching cheaters, its still a problem.

MS is opening a door to something that should not have even been touched on for another 5+ years and even then, in a limited way.  Far too much of the internet backbone is not ready to handle this and with much of Europes IPs still charging per GB...lol.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258

I do not agree or disagree with the OPs message but I will say this, that Microsoft has done a very, very poor job at explaining to the consumer why these "features" are important and necessary.

They continue to be elusive and slightly annoyed seemingly with consumers whom have questions. Sony is simply playing off this and being completely see through. Microsoft needs to pull its head out of its bum!

They need to be more clear with customers and explain to them the benefits of what the Xbox 1 has to offer them. If they don't, consumers will see a PS4 with an 100$ price gap, friendly towards used games with enhanced specs but nothing changing that they don't understand.

Simple fact is.... PEOPLE DON"T LIKE CHANGE!

Now on other hand Xbox has similar specs but all these changes they haven't explained very well at all. Hiding behind CEO's whom have the charisma of a dead fish. They need to sit down with the media or hell even have their own press conference AGAIN. To explain why and what it is their doing.

PS4 is like your old girlfriend, faithful and you know what to expect.

Xbox is like the crazy chick in the bar. She might rock your world or....stab you.

Only time and a few shots later will tell.

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!