Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This will be for PS3 and PS4, so my question is ......

DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55

IF I play it on my PS3 will I be able to transfer my account over to my PS4 when it comes out for it in 2014?

End of line.

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Drithe

IF I play it on my PS3 will I be able to transfer my account over to my PS4 when it comes out?

End of line.

Yeah you can play your account on PS3, PC, PS4.  Just need the registration codes for the different versions (though they are still debating whether or not to offer PS4 version for free to PS3 players)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    yes but i do believe you still have to buy another copy for PS4
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Pc vs PS3 definitely is going to require purchase of two different copies.

My guess is the PS4 version will be available for free or heavy discount to download for PS3 owners.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

All platforms will use the same account, you'll just need the correction version of the software for each platform you wish to play on.

There's currently an issue with the PS4 regarding PSN+ as well since they've now necessitated the subscription for online play. SE are negotiating with them to have FFXIV exempt from that since it's not using Sony's servers or other services.

• DritheDrithe Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Thank you for the replies. I will play this and Skyrim until  Elder SCrolls online gets here. lol.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Alberel

SE are negotiating with them to have FFXIV exempt from that since it's not using Sony's servers or other services.

Shouldn't be much to negotiate.  DCUO and PS2 won't require plus.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399

Theyre looking to lose a lot of earlier PS3 sales if they dont announce that PS3 transitions to PS4 for free. Im getting PC but I was considering getting the PS3 version later in the year so I can play there sometimes. Id rather just wait until the PS4 version comes out early next year. Anyone already planning on getting the PS4 has a good chance at thinking the same IMO.

Also Sony said developers can choose to not require PS+ to play.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/ps4-publishers-decide-if-free-to-play-needs-ps-plus

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

From E3 Live Letter:

• Q: Do you need a different (new) code for the PS4 version aside from the PS3?
    • A: TBA

• Q: Do you need a PS+ membership to run the PS4 version?
    • A: A Sony representative actually came up to us during this conference and said they'd like to talk about out it when we return to Japan. TBA