Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are they serious?

caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210

I actually didn't have much hope for this game.  From what I saw in the trailers I thought it was going to be a fairly basic game but I figured I would give it a shot, I mean it is Marvel isn't it? 

So I will start with the only thing I ever wanted out of this game was to play Daredevil.  He has been my god since I was 13.  How excited was I to see he was one of the beginning hero's.  Seriously, it can't get any better than this.

That is until the game started.  Seriously, what is this utter piece of s&*t.  I realize it's free and I didn't expect much from the trailers but........are they serious?  I play games on my phone that are more complex than this. 

I consider myself a medium to serious MMO player.  I have player approx 20-30 MMO's and I have to say this is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen.  I can't believe Marvel isn't totally embaressed (never been able to spell that word) by this.  I played X-Men on my Sega Genesis and it was better than this.  I think that was in 1992?  This has by far have got to be the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen someone try to pass off as a game.  At no point did I ever feel like I was Daredevil.  I felt like I could have been any toon in any game.

Now I will make my one disclaimer, I played the game for about 20 minutes.  Some will say that is not long enough to give a game a fair shake and I will agree with that fully.  But this game was sooooooooooooooooooo bad that is all the time I could give to it.  It is just that bad!!!!!!!

If you like this game then I am very happy for you, I hope you get many endless hours of fun from it I really do, but I have to wonder who thought this was worth putting out to the public. 

I will end with this.  I have never seen a bigger load of stinky pile of steamy pooh in my entire life.  How can you have low expectations from a game and they completely not even come close to the low points you were expecting?  What an absolute and complete piece of junk.  Don't even waste your time downloading it

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

Comments

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

All you can say is that you didn't feel like daredevil and reiterate that it's a piece of crap 10 times wording it slightly differently each time?

Great criticisms. Why even bother making this thread? It's not even remotely constructive. I don't know what phone you use to play games but I call bullshit on that. The chances of finding a decent game on mobile devices (even almost as good as marvel heroes) is nearly, if not completely, impossible.

The game is far from great, and it's far from bad.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    i agree this game does suck, i uninstalled it right after i saw a bunch of my self running around the same area.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Threads like this should be locked. 

OP has no substance at all, no room for debate, and says nothing about the game. 

I've never played, probably never will, yet and still.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by bcbully

OP has no substance at all, no room for debate, and says nothing about the game. 

This game is what should be locked. it is utter garbage, and its amazing people actually get paid to make this crap.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Oh, come on now. You didn't think it was awesome to see your favorite hero struggle to take down a couple guys in blue jeans and 'wife beater' shirts?

I mean never mind that Iron Man's concussive blasts can easily penetrate many layers of hardened steel armor, it still takes a half dozen shots to bring down one mook. Oh, and the fact that his armor is capable of lifting weights measuring in the hundreds of tons, yet he still struggles to break through a simple steel chain, and a chain link fence? Screw that noise, he has to go around those things. Not like he could fly over it or anything...

Isn't that just absolutely freaking brilliant game design? I mean, who'd have thought of making everyone's favorite superheroes as weak as a mewling kitten? Dave freakin' Brevik, that's who!

/sarcasm

In all seriousness, those jackasses at Gazillion should make note of something: When you claim that you're not letting people create their own heroes because they want to 'let you play as the actual hero instead of some lookalike' (because gamers obviously don't have any sort of creativity whatsoever and have to copy the god-like folks at Marvel apparently) then MAKE THE HERO ACTUALLY FEEL LIKE A F*CKING HERO.

Remember when the Hulk beat the crap out of Loki? THAT'S WHAT WE WANT TO DO. Not 'knock out' a bunch of street toughs. My God, this should've been common freaking sense. COMMON. SENSE.

Yeah, in case you can't tell, I think the game is a pile of rancid garbage too.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

The design of the game would have worked better if they had built it so you played a new hero of your creation, rather than pre-existing ones. Then fighting street toughs wouldn't seem so bad, since your character would actually be new to the whole thing and not used to his/her powers.

If this is how it was, I'd give the game more of a chance, but I don't like having to play as actual Marvel characters and being a weak little bitch while I'm at it compared to the actual characters from the comics.

• Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

This thread had no meaning to it at all, he is not asking for a debate on the subject, offers no feedback as to what the problems he faced with the game..just says the same thing 20 times.  I hope more people report this thread, as it serves no purpose but to start a flame war over nothing but a RANT about a game.

If you care to start a new subject and actually have some kind of meaning behind it , feel free to edit your post with something worth reading other than "its crap.."it's a pile of crap" on and on...

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by caine6621

I have player approx 20-30 MMO's and I have to say this is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen.

I trimmed a lot, but seriously, this is pretty much your "reasoning" with zero explanation beyond the other "I only played 20 minutes....BUT.." part.

Uh, you kind of need to give reasoning/points in a post like this, lol..

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75

First your post makes me want to laugh with you but I can't since I put 16 hours into the game so far. Seriously...16 hours. I guess the jokes on me. But I really do like to play this game because it's simple fun. But there are definitely so noticeable problems.

1) First, I think this game being an MMORPG is a big problem. At the same time, I believe Marvel Heroes would still benefit from a online-only experience with minimal players. Perhaps 5 or 6 heroes matched up before entering areas involving combat. With that said....

2)....The game isn't optimized for a MMO experience. More then a handful of players and enemies on screen can cause a big framerate problem especially with "world bosses". This is a big negative for Marvel Heroes! Add the effects of the heroes' powers and you get a mess.

3)Most ARPG use overwhelming numbers to help up the difficulty of the game. I would say that Marvel Heroes definitely does this later in the adventure. But because most of the enemies are generic you won't deviate from basic skill sets. Though Marvel Heroes will require players to be a bit more twitchy as you approach the last few chapters. Also, some bosses might hit hard but they're not complex fights at all.

4)Speaking of character development and "Daredevil". The skill trees for each hero seems fairly generic, and I feel that powers initially given to you will make combat feel very weak. Daredevil feels even more lacklustered without the ability to be more agile since later in the game his abilities focus on dodging and fast movement. I definitely enjoy playing this hero now then I did at level 1. And there are some obvious characters that just "look" fun to play especially after running across other players using Cyclops, Thor, and sometimes even Storm. Speaking of Thor.......is his abilities as powerful as they look in Marvel Heroes? That's one character I would consider buying.

Marvel Heroes is definitely trying to have a business model similar to a lot of MOBA games(that's why there's no character creation) and that's where it's future lies. To have hundreds of distinct superheroes available to players is a goal but the game doesn't have those numbers yet. And the developer wants to expand on the game world as well. But Marvel Heroes fails to delivery a good first impression. And even though I started enjoying myself later in the game, I still ran into a lot of things that need to be ironed out. Now Marvel Heroes has TONS OF POTENTIAL and the business model needs to be adjusted to make more of our favorite superheroes available to us at low cost. If I had to give this game a score it would be a 6.5 out 10. I am apart of the minority who's enjoying themselves and I love the concept. But not everyone is going to wait around for this game to find some level of success.

• YouNubeYouNube Member Posts: 25
    The biggest buzz killer for me was when i finally logged in (i played in the beta as well as a little bit at release) and i decided to play as my favorite character - Wolverine. So i log in, i do the intro quest, and after that i see like 20 wolverines around me. No thanks. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    Originally posted by bcbully

This game is what should be locked. it is utter garbage, and its amazing people actually get paid to make this crap.

to be fair I did defend the guy who was/is making greed monger too. >.>

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
This discussion has been closed.