Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, all the hair styles are stereotypical japanese straight. no variety at all

wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182
I always give my main in MMOs a giant red afro. I can't do that in this game. Not everyone wants to turn japanese. 

Comments

• PicchuPicchu Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Omg, I can't be completely ridiculous in this game, it's horrible!
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I do agree that it needs more western hairstyles including afros, i got tons of friends who goes afro sometimes when they dont have their hair done so its not ridiculous
  • bronxknyghtbronxknyght Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by wilberg
    I always give my main in MMOs a giant red afro. I can't do that in this game. Not everyone wants to turn japanese. 

Kind of glad we wont see retards like your character running around in XIV. That being said there will be different textures to hair coming in time for launch. We were shown african-american hair textures during a previous live letter. You can dye those red if you like.

• macarter0327macarter0327 Member Posts: 23

In a interview thing the creator of the game said they will be implementing more hair styles. I didn't see the ones they had in the game as 'Japanese' and if they were to you, the makers of the game are Japanese so....we don't see our game creators beating down doors to tailor to all cultures.

• wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by bronxknyght

Kind of glad we wont see retards like your character running around in XIV. That being said there will be different textures to hair coming in time for launch. We were shown african-american hair textures during a previous live letter. You can dye those red if you like.

I don't want "african american"hairstyles, I want my goddamn red afro. the devs of this game already proved they are lazy and incopetent & don't listen to their playerbase (it took the game failing for them to add something as simple as jumping) so I doubt they will add anything else to character customization. 

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

What I like is that when they add new hairstyles people can go to a barber in game and change their hairstyle/facial markings/facial hair etc.

Yes a barber in game.

in game.

Not in a cash shop.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well idk maybe if enough people sent in feedback they might add more.There is a feedback forum,you were sent there during the beta code registration.Personally i don't care much at all about looks,i prefer more customization in the character abilities/stats than a hair piece.That is about al lthat matters too,unless we start wearing helmets,then none of te visual player will matter.
    You need to also realize that they spent a LOT of time and effort fixing up areas of the game that matter,if i was in charge i would put hair style choices very low on m,y to do list.However yes i hear ya and i would eventually add more just to keep people happy,maybe they will if there are no hitches on Reborn release.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by macarter0327

In a interview thing the creator of the game said they will be implementing more hair styles. I didn't see the ones they had in the game as 'Japanese' and if they were to you, the makers of the game are Japanese so....we don't see our game creators beating down doors to tailor to all cultures.

When we release a game like WoW over there we get rid of content they may not approve of, and add content they can relate to. It's called localizing.

• macarter0327macarter0327 Member Posts: 23

When we release a game like WoW over there we get rid of content they may not approve of, and add content they can relate to. It's called localizing.

Content is fine, don't want to be offending to cultures, but I'm sure they did't have an Asian hairstyle pack in their back pockets.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I don't want "african american"hairstyles, I want my goddamn red afro. the devs of this game already proved they are lazy and incopetent & don't listen to their playerbase (it took the game failing for them to add something as simple as jumping) so I doubt they will add anything else to character customization. 

With an attitude like that I'd argue you don't deserve a damn thing.

The devs of this game are one of the hardest working and most dedicated bunch I've ever seen. The failure of version 1.0 was entirely down to Tanaka, the producer at the time, and the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the latest beta is entirely down to Naoki Yoshida and his incredibly hard working team. They listen to the community intently and many of the huge changes seen between beta phases have been directly as a result of player feedback.

All the hairstyles aren't even in yet and you're sitting there calling them names because they didn't give you the tools to make an absurd looking character? Yeah... good luck with that.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

No retarded hair styles allowed in Final Fantasy

Originally posted by tokini

You sir win the day. Be careful, you are going to be flamed to hell by the mad weeaboos.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I hope this is a fake post.  Who gives a sh!t what your hair looks like?  But I guess if all there is to complain about now is hair then the game must be amazing!  
  • bronxknyghtbronxknyght Member UncommonPosts: 10

And yet plenty of Japanese kids wear there hair like that all the time. Guess what this game is Japanese in origin. Have you seen Yoshi-P's hair? The man is pushing 40. Get over it.

And yet plenty of Japanese kids wear there hair like that all the time. Guess what this game is Japanese in origin. Have you seen Yoshi-P's hair? The man is pushing 40. Get over it.

they can do what they like, im all for it.

why is a red afro 'retarded', in your words, but this isnt?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

It always keeps that original flavor, thus why we have people being Xenophobic towards Asian games still while Asian gamers often find some western games lack luster on their end as well. Trust me, localization on either end isn't as big as you think in changing how things are, its mostly so that it doesn't get them in 'trouble' with the law , a few small adjustments and then a good majority being translations.

I'm pretty positaive that there will eventually be an afro for roegadyn or highlanders at least as they did the option for a fade hairstyle in beta 2.  More hairstyles are confirmed to be on the way, and you aren't stuck with the hairstyle you chose at launch.  So chin up.

Oh and again when you want to change your hairstyle in the game.  You load up the game, and you walk into the city and you find the barber and you get your hairstyle, markings, facial hair all of that changed IN THE GAME.

NOT IN A CASH SHOP.    CAN YOU BELIEVE IT????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• emperorhades1emperorhades1 Member UncommonPosts: 310

You all worry about the hair.  Not the fact that there is no age options.  The race options are extremely limited, talking tired models from fxi here.  No real African head styles.  The option to look sinister, emo, pissed off all the time?  But yeah, its all about the hair.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Murugan

I'm pretty positaive that there will eventually be an afro for roegadyn or highlanders at least as they did the option for a fade hairstyle in beta 2.  More hairstyles are confirmed to be on the way, and you aren't stuck with the hairstyle you chose at launch.  So chin up.

Oh and again when you want to change your hairstyle in the game.  You load up the game, and you walk into the city and you find the barber and you get your hairstyle, markings, facial hair all of that changed IN THE GAME.

I didnt even notice there was a barber when i was playing it.

Originally posted by emperorhades1

You all worry about the hair.  Not the fact that there is no age options.  The race options are extremely limited, talking tired models from fxi here.  No real African head styles.  The option to look sinister, emo, pissed off all the time?  But yeah, its all about the hair.

No matter how hard I try I just look like the stereotypical androgynous teenage pretty boy.

Of course maybe I shouldn't be weighing in so much on the topic of hairstyles.

Originally posted by tkreep

I didnt even notice there was a barber when i was playing it.

There is not but it will be in a patch to allow people to use the new haiirstyles they are developing.

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158

And it suddenly becomes clear.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

It is, a SURPRISE!, a Japanese game made by a Japanese company.

What do you expect?

Do you see the option of Asian faces available on WoW or LoTRO? lol

haha i would never wear a huge red afro, i just didnt understand why someone would be offended by one, with all the 'exotic' hairstyles FF is known for.

i love the idea of a barber, they should take it a step further and force you to let your hair 'grow out' before you can get a longer hairstyle.  or

add a wig shop

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Please don't feed the trolls, kids.

<3