Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Iselin

@ OP: I knew all that and it's precisely why I won't go anywhere near an XB1.

I understand that in your enthusiasm you want to rationalize whatever MS is selling and declare it good... it isn't. And we don't really care if you buy one...good for you...glad it makes you happy.

But your assumption that the reason we're not buying-in is because we don't know or understand "the real truth" is offensive. You're coming across like the stereotypical JW zealot on my doorstep pushing The Watchtower as the only means to salvation. We do know and we don't like it.

The PS4 (which btw, has the superior GPU so everything should run a tiny bit better on it) is maintaining the used game sales/trading status quo...we like that better.

Where did I ever say the reason you are not buying its because you don't know about it? I don't care who buys and who does not buy. Is the same way with a mmo release. If I see a game that I like I am going to support regardless of whether the masses are on board or not. Its just a $500 gaming system. If I was needing mommy or daddy to buy it for me then that would be different but I am the mommy and daddy.

OK. This is too easy. Did you already forget the title you chose "what people should know but don't know" What don't we know? (hint: we do know) and why should we know it?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I understand that in your enthusiasm you want to rationalize whatever MS is selling and declare it good... it isn't. And we don't really care if you buy one...good for you...glad it makes you happy.

But your assumption that the reason we're not buying-in is because we don't know or understand "the real truth" is offensive. You're coming across like the stereotypical JW zealot on my doorstep pushing The Watchtower as the only means to salvation. We do know and we don't like it.

The PS4 (which btw, has the superior GPU so everything should run a tiny bit better on it) is maintaining the used game sales/trading status quo...we like that better.

Where did I ever say the reason you are not buying its because you don't know about it? I don't care who buys and who does not buy. Is the same way with a mmo release. If I see a game that I like I am going to support regardless of whether the masses are on board or not. Its just a $500 gaming system. If I was needing mommy or daddy to buy it for me then that would be different but I am the mommy and daddy.

OK. This is too easy. Did you already forget the title you chose "what people should know but don't know" What don't we know? (hint: we do know) and why should we know it?

And this is even easier, how does that mean the reason you not buying the system is because you don't know about it? There are people who are going to buy the system that still don't know about some of the stuff that I posted. When I first saw the system I decided I was going to buy but it was not until I fully did my research that I found out how different this system really is. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

And this is even easier, how does that mean the reason you not buying the system is because you don't know about it? There are people who are going to buy the system that still don't know about some of the stuff that I posted. When I first saw the system I decided I was going to buy but it was not until I fully did my research that I found out how different this system really is. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4

Someone previously posted this and it is a good comparison, perhaps you should read it.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by tawess

Did i not settle this before.. It is VERY simple

Get a PS4 if you like to get a game-console (and is happy with only that)

Get a XB1 if you want a media console that can play games

Yeah you can also get a WiiU if you like Mario (nothing bad with that.. i do and the new Mario Kart look very tempting)

That is all the info you need, but if you like to play games that use motion sensor tech... My bet is on the XB1

Minor correction for you because the above is slightly inaccurate. 

Get a PC if you want a media machine that can play games. 

The reason being is because the Xbox One is simply an overly simplified low end PC. A full fledged comparable PC that performs as well while offering a great deal more would be about the same price if not cheaper. 

With what you posted, the Xbox One essentially has no place because the function it performs is done better by devices that cost less or about the same and offer a wider variety of peripherals and software. They can also use any controller you prefer. 

Maybe that is why no one heeded your post? 

Motion sensor tech has already proven to have limited appeal. It seems to be mainly popular with exercise and dance games but beyond that it doesn't seem to have that big of an audience which is why I believe Microsoft has decided to force people to buy and use it this time around lol. 

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    I couldn't be happier with the Xbox One. The higher price means an included Kinect and I'm excited about the technology now that everyone will have one. The internet checks means they can rely more heavily on online features than the PS4.

Originally posted by Silverbarr

Someone previously posted this and it is a good comparison, perhaps you should read it.

Just a random post by a random guy. I was just scrolling down and saw where he says Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted are launch titles for PS4. Lost all creadability right there.

Just a random post by a random guy. I was just scrolling down and saw where he says Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted are launch titles for PS4. Lost all creadability right there.

You should really read the article then instead of scrolling and being a clueless boor, you say you are an adult yet you act like you are around 15 years old.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

You should really read the article then instead of scrolling and being a clueless boor, you say you are an adult yet you act like you are around 15 years old.

Read the article why? If you post a link you tell a person why he should read that link. And please don't start the insults.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Yeah you can also get a WiiU if you like Mario (nothing bad with that.. i do and the new Mario Kart look very tempting)

That is all the info you need, but if you like to play games that use motion sensor tech... My bet is on the XB1

The reason being is because the Xbox One is simply an overly simplified low end PC. A full fledged comparable PC that performs as well while offering a great deal more would be about the same price if not cheaper. 

With what you posted, the Xbox One essentially has no place because the function it performs is done better by devices that cost less or about the same and offer a wider variety of peripherals and software. They can also use any controller you prefer. 

Motion sensor tech has already proven to have limited appeal. It seems to be mainly popular with exercise and dance games but beyond that it doesn't seem to have that big of an audience which is why I believe Microsoft has decided to force people to buy and use it this time around lol. 

You greatly overestimate the average persons understanding of a PC... Most people are still afraid of them.. Yes even the "kids". For these people it is a lot easier to get a XB1... Now here is a funny thing... That just so happen to be the market that MS is targeting.

Who would have known.

This have been a good conversation

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

Please tell me about the quality and features. What will the PS4 do different then the Xbox One? I just listed what makes the Xbox One different. This is not a troll or fanboy question. I really want to discuss this because even I want to know more.

What will it do differently? Well first the PS4 will be in my house. I am not ignorant and I know what they mean about "always on" It's stupid to pigeon hole anyone, especially gamers, into doing something they don't want. It the gaming world when this happens in game development. We call it Linear and NO ONE likes Linear games. We all love choosing paths and so forth. ALMOST ALL LINEAR GAMES GET LOW RATINGS. This is no difference in a system and hardware and features. If there are no choices, then it gets a bad rating. Add to the fact that it cost $100 more for features that NO ONE WANTS.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    I like how you ignored my post OP. Smooth.

He seems to be ignoring everyone that is actually showing he is selectively providing information to hide what the system is ACTUALLY doing.

I am only replying to people who post I see worthy of replying to.

In other words you are only replying to those who agree or are not putting up a response you cannot come back from. Your points have been proven to be either completely invalid or partially invalid because you are leaving out the important details.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• forget87forget87 Member Posts: 6
    They already told you why OP its a good comparison between the two consoles. Whether or not the exclusive games are true or not makes no mind and who is to say that there wont be a new uncharted for PS4? God knows there is 6 Halos with another on the way. The comparisons between the hardware the systems use is solid. You are basically writing off your opinions as fact with your first post and every other post people give you all you do is write them off saying xbone is the better buy. Your purely working off your own opinion and writing it off as fact. Why didnt Microsoft come out and tell us everything your trying to tell us now at E3?? Do us all a favor and if you want to ask for insight take our insight into account and stop trying to say all our input is wrong you troll.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Dude L2R as you clearly did not even check who posted it or most likely you ignored it and decided to lie. Here it is quote from my post at the beginning of this thread.

"First of all PS4 will be 100$ cheaper than Xbox One according to what we heard on E3. To top it of it will be significantly smaller compared to Xbox One.

When it comes to hardware features PS4 Offers same or better ones, with less limitations. This chart from IGN says it all.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

To top it off PS4 will have no region locks, will use cloud sharing to, and will not be limited by any silly methods in any way compared to the new Microsoft console.

Now hardware wise according to many sources like this one http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 clearly shows that not only PS4 will have slightly faster CPU (10-20%) but faster memory and much faster GPU (up to 30-50%)

Now if you consider all that, why would you ever want to buy xbox one, other than for exclusive titles ?"

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

Read the article why? If you post a link you tell a person why he should read that link. And please don't start the insults.

It's not my obligation to make you read something, I'm not hear to spoon feed you, you should be wanting to learn more about the other console and not the one you have a particular fancy for. 

You post a thread with the exact same idea of having people read it, and not forcing people to read it, now many people have read it and yet you are being rude and ignorant by folding your arms - figuratively, and refusing to budge - much like my 3 year old nephew when he is wanting something his way and only his way, even though the more information you receive should be beneficial for you.

I refuse to hold your hand because you are too lazy and ignorant.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

You're coming across like the stereotypical JW zealot on my doorstep pushing The Watchtower as the only means to salvation. We do know and we don't like it.

Iselin we have butt heads in the past but no matter what, no one should continue to suffer from that so let me tell you how to make sure they never bother you again.

When you see them in town going door to door, do this.

Get naked or, if you for some reason have one(please don't explain why if you do) put on a man-speedo. When they knock, open the door but be standing behind it, peeking out. When they ask if you found Jesus which is the normal greeting, or even if they say they are there to help you find him.

Say you have found him, he is in your bedroom and then whip the door open and ask them in.

Even if they report you to the police, you are in your own home and they are soliciting and the police wont do a thing...and they will remember to put your address on the "do not bother" list at their church.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Dude L2R as you clearly did not even check who posted it or most likely you ignored it and decided to lie. Here it is quote from my post at the beginning of this thread.

"First of all PS4 will be 100$ cheaper than Xbox One according to what we heard on E3. To top it of it will be significantly smaller compared to Xbox One.

When it comes to hardware features PS4 Offers same or better ones, with less limitations. This chart from IGN says it all.

To top it off PS4 will have no region locks, will use cloud sharing to, and will not be limited by any silly methods in any way compared to the new Microsoft console.

Now hardware wise according to many sources like this one http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 clearly shows that not only PS4 will have slightly faster CPU (10-20%) but faster memory and much faster GPU (up to 30-50%)

Now if you consider all that, why would you ever want to buy xbox one, other than for exclusive titles ?"

Did you already post this one and I am sure I gave my reply to what I think about everything you said.

$500 price is something that does not matter to me. I pay for a product if its something that I want. That's just how real adults do things.

As for Hardware I will let the game speak. Microsofts games look better then Sony's games as of right now to me. Of all the games Sony shows nonthing stood out at all. Drive Club looks best so far.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Xbox One: too many reasons NOT to buy one, too few reasons to buy one.

BUT

one thing is kinda worrying, release date?

Amazon.com is listing December 31st as a launch date for Playstation 4, and November 30th as a launch date for Xbox One.

I don't believe that Sony will launch PS4 a FULL MONTH after XBone, even AFTER Christmas, but.. it may happen, and gamers are impatient lot.

This may be the one hope for a good start for Xbox One.

EDIT: ...aaand this post will again be missed among the childish quote/reply wars

• forget87forget87 Member Posts: 6

Did you already post this one and I am sure I gave my reply to what I think about everything you said.

$500 price is something that does not matter to me. I pay for a product if its something that I want. That's just how real adults do things.

As for Hardware I will let the game speak. Microsofts games look better then Sony's games as of right now to me. Of all the games Sony shows nonthing stood out at all. Drive Club looks best so far.

Let the games speak what the hell does that even mean??? The hardware in the systems speak loud enough thank you. Your just to arrogant and attempting to pass your own opinion as the only truth, but its fine I will let the sell numbers speak for themselves soon enough.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

You greatly overestimate the average persons understanding of a PC... Most people are still afraid of them.. Yes even the "kids". For these people it is a lot easier to get a XB1... Now here is a funny thing... That just so happen to be the market that MS is targeting.

Who would have known.

Only people living out in the bayou at this point lol... kids are learning about computers in school. Hell, my daughter was receiving her assignments and school books on an ipad in high school. This is a new day and age where you simply can't avoid computers. If you work pretty much anywhere with minor exceptions you are working with or have to interact with a computer in some what shape or form. Schools have integrated computers into the learning process. 

Hell in 2009 alone over 80% of homes in the US had at least 1 PC. 

You have outdated information. PC's are a huge part of every day life at this point in time. 

AMD with its APU's is making a "gaming pc" a common and inexpensive thing as well. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by "afraid of them"

Originally posted by wizyy

BUT

Amazon.com is listing December 31st as a launch date for Playstation 4, and November 30th as a launch date for Xbox One.

I don't believe that Sony will launch PS4 a FULL MONTH after XBone, even AFTER Christmas, but.. it may happen, and gamers are impatient lot.

Don't worry that's just a placeholder date due to the fact that Sony states "holiday of 2013" whereas Microsoft stated "November" I wouldn't be surprised if both released at around the same time.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

The difference between Steam and X1 is that:
    With a PC, I can run Steam, and I can also run physical media. I have the choice.

Actually often you don't.

Go buy a physical copy of Skyrim.

Now try and run it without Steam.

Yet oddly few seemed to have a problem with that when Skyrim was released.

The Xbox One isn't introducing anything new, it's catching up to what has been the case on the PC for quite a long while now.

Like every other game that requires Steam activation, its a one time thing.  You log into Steam, register your game through it, set to offline mode and then never have to have Steam online again. Xbone requires you to be online at least once every 24 hours or you can't play your games.  So, yeah, not really the same.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

BUT

I agree about that. But tbh for a hardcore veteran of pc gaming i dont mind waiting a little bit more. Not to mention that when it comes to consoles im most interested in rpg games like FF series. Most of the Xbox titles will be on the PC anyway at higher quality than consoles. Simply because you can mod your stuff using 3rd party software and injectors.

Another thing that might bring people to xbox one will be the new kinetic as the competition dont have anything like it. Then again hardcore gamers dont give a rats ass about it as its not good for prolonged gaming sessions.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Here I was, thinking "real adults" use budgets and don't go spending money on everything they want.  Color me educated.

BUT

EDIT: ...aaand this post will again be missed among the childish quote/reply wars

I don't see that happening. They will have that system out before Christmas.

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Here I was, thinking "real adults" use budgets and don't go spending money on everything they want.  Color me educated.

I guess I am different because if I see something that I want I am going to get it. Maybe you live your life different but that aint me.