Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Ryowulf

Here's what I know about Xbox 1

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/microsoft-employees-ambush-wii-u-best-buy-events-to-promote-xbox-one/

The Wii U? The only person left on that ship is the captain and even he is thinking about jumping off and not going down with it. image

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by Milander

Actually Local Gamtstop has it listed at 69.99, guess everything is more expensive in Canada. (shrugs) Still, price is about the same. So the "OMG WHy is it so expensive for XB1?!?!!?" that exploded out when the price was announced, see, it really isnt, you just cant NOT get the kinect :)

As for Sony's "Please stay with us, here take this crappy games free, as long as you give us your moneys!" isn't such a big thing.....M$ is doing it too. :) So really, no the price of the PS4 isnt cheaper without a doubt...As for Jack's quote, I've seen the spec's from AMD (whistles innocently) they can SAY whatever they want, no one is going to waste air calling him on it.

Oh man that really sucks I live 3hrs from the Canadian border =D I don't see why there is still such a  price difference when the the Canadian dollar keeps bouncing back and forth between $0.98-1.05 American.

Also yes Microsoft has just started giving out free games but they all have been around 4 years or so old when Sony actually hands out free games that are as little as a few months old and always has a minim of 18 a month 12 for PS3/PS4 and 6 for Vita and this has been confirmed to continue for next gen during Sony's PS Home E3 PS+ slideshow.

Also yeah I agree the difference is not that big but it is at least 20% and look how much people pay for a 20% increase for a CPU/GPU....

Not to mention by the wording M$ is only doing the free game thing till Xbox One launch whilst the Sony thing is ongoing.Also whilst subjective the list of PS3 titles given away on Sony's service don't seem "Crappy"

Difference in prices is explained by taxes like GST,individual province sales taxes and possibly import duties.

Lol yeah not crappy in the least I'll list some of mine off that I have received for free through PS+

Uncharted 3, Deus Ex, Ex-Com, Sleeping Dogs, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade(deluxe) Edition, Demon's Souls, Spec Ops The Line, Darksiders, Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Little Big Planet 2, Infamous 2 and this is only from around 4-5 months LMFAO!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Kendane

The only game I am disappointed that I can't get without the XBox One is Dead Rising 3, since it sounds like a pretty cool game. But you know, with all the shitty requirements for the new XBox, screw it, I can live without Dead Rising. Besides if XBox One shares a similar fate as the Dreamcast, I can probably get Dead Rising 3 anyways, at the very least on PC. But to be frank, the restrictions on the system are just stupid. All it tells me is Microsoft is greedy and couldn't possibly care less about the gamers even if their lives depended on it, so why bother with it.

I imagine the overall quality of both systems will be just about the same, just like it was for the 360 and PS3, and I just get the benefit of not having DRM, being able to share games, etc with the PS4. To be honest there is no reason whatsoever to get the XBox One unless you really REALLY want to play Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, or maybe Foroza 5. 

Lastly OP, no offense but you kind of sound like you're a Microsoft employee trying to sell the XBox One to us, which if that's the case is actually awesome, please answer our questions so maybe I can find a reason to get one. Just get a mod here to verify it for us and you can do a Q and A, relay some concerns back to Microsoft so the response to things like always having to be online aren't just "LAWLZ DEN GIT A 360 SCRUB!"

I am just somebody who has an intrest in the system because its going to be different. Forza 5 will be a launch title taking advantage of cloud computing. That's real to me, not reading that sony purchased a cloud server a year ago when I am sure these systems have been in development for the last 5 years. Did they get word that Xbox One will be built around cloud and then they simply are trying to now get in on this?

Again Highly speculative.We have no idea how long Sony has been working on cloud services and whether Gakai is the whole of it or something they snapped up to add value to it.Microsoft definitely has an advantage in this area though from experience with cloud services for WIndows so yes they will,I believe,have the initial advantage.I just don't think it will be a permanent one but that too is just speculation.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Those would be features, and thus selling points, if they were optional.  As it stands now, they're simply limitations.  No thanks!

The only game I am disappointed that I can't get without the XBox One is Dead Rising 3, since it sounds like a pretty cool game. But you know, with all the shitty requirements for the new XBox, screw it, I can live without Dead Rising. Besides if XBox One shares a similar fate as the Dreamcast, I can probably get Dead Rising 3 anyways, at the very least on PC. But to be frank, the restrictions on the system are just stupid. All it tells me is Microsoft is greedy and couldn't possibly care less about the gamers even if their lives depended on it, so why bother with it.

I imagine the overall quality of both systems will be just about the same, just like it was for the 360 and PS3, and I just get the benefit of not having DRM, being able to share games, etc with the PS4. To be honest there is no reason whatsoever to get the XBox One unless you really REALLY want to play Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, or maybe Foroza 5. 

Lastly OP, no offense but you kind of sound like you're a Microsoft employee trying to sell the XBox One to us, which if that's the case is actually awesome, please answer our questions so maybe I can find a reason to get one. Just get a mod here to verify it for us and you can do a Q and A, relay some concerns back to Microsoft so the response to things like always having to be online aren't just "LAWLZ DEN GIT A 360 SCRUB!"

I am just somebody who has an intrest in the system because its going to be different. Forza 5 will be a launch title taking advantage of cloud computing. That's real to me, not reading that sony purchased a cloud server a year ago when I am sure these systems have been in development for the last 5 years. Did they get word that Xbox One will be built around cloud and then they simply are trying to now get in on this?

Again Highly speculative.We have no idea how long Sony has been working on cloud services and whether Gakai is the whole of it or something they snapped up to add value to it.Microsoft definitely has an advantage in this area though from experience with cloud services for WIndows so yes they will,I believe,have the initial advantage.I just don't think it will be a permanent one but that too is just speculation.

Didn't Sony announce Gaikai for the PS4 before Microsoft announced the X1 would have features running through the cloud?

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I like how you ignored my post OP. Smooth.

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Maelzrael

The seems like such a paid advertisement thread.. but I'll play along just in case.

I currently have signed a petition and joined a few facebook pages to Boycott Xbox One.

I have read that Microsoft has sold their privacy rights to the government(Homeland security/NSA) and that the Kinect will need to be hooked up to the "always on" feature in order for your log in to be verified. This could mean that the government would have audio and visual access to a large portion of the countries living rooms. If you take this information and combine it with the information you can find online about our Presidents stance on our privacy, well you've got quite a conspiracy theory to think about anyways..

I also do not agree with shutting down the mom and pop game stores with the inability to trade games.  Gamestop can diaf, but these local shops that sell old consoles and games will eventually have nothing to sell with the cloud system in place. The corporations and the stockholders already make enough money off of us as it is, why do they need to make more?

Xbox one is just the perfect example that with Capitalism, the rich will always get richer at the expense of the less fortunate.

Ps4 on the other hand is doing things the way they should be..atm at least. I dislike Sony quite a bit, but for now, if I do buy a console, it will be a PS4, a Wii U, or nothing.

It is worth mentioning, and although this will probably sound out there and tinfoil hat variety of information.. its nevertheless true, that while Microsoft themselves may not be monitoring the whole kinect thing, any deal with homeland security/Nsa etc is something they would not officially, or unofficially be able to confirm, nor would they be obligated to advise people that their systems may be subject to intercept, quite the reverse under the usual conditions of such organisations.

But even if you ignore that whole can of worms, the PS4 is far more user friendly, at least in terms of games, and isnt that what this is all about, not sure i care about a system that can handle Tv anyway, theres hardly ever anything on worth watching image

Especially with that recent leak that the U.S. government "Has" been monitoring us though our personal devices LMFAO!

Didn't Sony announce Gaikai for the PS4 before Microsoft announced the X1 would have features running through the cloud?

This is a digtal based system. That means that it has been there since day 1. Just because they never said anything does not mean they never had it.

• maskmurdamaskmurda Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Is this a thread to inform or a thread to convince people why buying an x-one isn't a waste of money? OP speaks as if the x-one isn't as bad as people are making it out to be when this is a matter of opinion. I happen to like not having my console required to connect online, some may. You cannot try and justify the features that people simply do not like. If you like them, great. Leave your post at that. But it's like OP is a try hard and is trying to lash out at anyone talking shit about the x-one in the nicest way possible but no matter how hard he tries it just comes out like hims sounding like a die hard xbox fan. Facts don't lie. Those features are frowned upon for a reason. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

How do you figure the price is better?

PS4 399.99 XB1 499.99.....

End result...the same. Why? Because the PS4 With the Eye is 499.99 *or just about* With the XB1 the kinect with use to be a 99 dollar addition comes standard.

The quality? Of what? The parts inside? Same chips made by the same company with minor differences. So are you saying the AMD chips in the PS4 are higher quality than the XB1? Doubtfull.

Features, overhead costs, games, bells and whistles? Who knows, they can say whatever they want, the systems arent even at the stores yet. Things change from E3 to release.

But I will say one thing,Sony said they made the PS3 capable of running Linux and they were not going to take that away....Look what happened?

Another cost people seem to miss on the PS4, the 'extra' 70 or whatever bucks a year you're going to have to pay for a PSN+ account. I still have people crying FOUL! when I bring up that with the ps4 to play online you need a plus membership.

For me, I'm happy with my 360 and my ps3 for now. I will keep my eye on both and hopefully closer to release when they actually show something that could NOT just have been a PC running 'XB1-Fake"dows...or "PS4dos"

So keep an open mind, and a closed wallet....Not a closed mind and an open wallet, like THEY want you :)

Now in regards to the price the new Playstation Eye it has already been confirmed to have a price of $59.99 so that is cheaper also PS+ is cheaper then Gold membership so it is cheaper to use a PS4 online in the long run also while this defeats the purpose of many of the features should a person solely want to play single-player games the PS4 would again be cheaper due to not requiring a broadband internet connection which is at a minimum around $30 and upwards of $100 a month.

PS+ is at the most $17 a month or $50 for a year also if you time your purchases correctly you can usually get a few months tacked on to your purchase for free I got 4 months a $20 value for free with my 1 year membership and my friend through the smart use of offers was able to get a whole extra year for free you also get access to random recently released blockbuster games this month they are Xcom, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3 later this month.

So yes price wise the PS4 is cheaper without a doubt also spec wise Jack Tretton came out and said it directly at the camera during his Geoff Keighley E3 interview that the PS4 is without a doubt the most powerful game console and if anyone doubts this they can feel free to ask any third-party developer.

As for more powerful I will have to wait and let the games speak for them selves. I saw both shows and Microsofts games looked way better to me. Remedy seems to think different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rly8s1ZkkL4&list=FLksoyDFtH--Rg7IaTzzU_gw

Um.... Really? All we have seen of Quantic Break have been CGI cut scenes that does not prove anything the Xbox 360 CGI wise could make scenes that look better then next gen "gameplay" key there being Gameplay I do not remember seeing any gameplay for any of the next gen X1 exclusives aside from Titan Fall and Killer Instinct most of the games shown at the X1 show were multi-platform.

Then form your opinion on what you saw from both Sony and Microsoft.

Well seeing as Titan Fall is the only X1 exclusive I can go off of both the Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son gameplay looked far better though Titan Fall is a quasi MMO though I can all shoot that down though with a Multiplatform title "In my opinion" The Division was by far the best looking game at E3 and that is an actual full blown MMO and is a multiplatform off all things, though the gameplay shown was being run on the PS4 we have not seen X1 gameplay yet.

Titan Fall isn't even an Xbone exclusive lol... 

It will be on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC... http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/titanfall-coming-xbox-one-360-pc-2014-6C10261389

For the love of Gawd people, when will you learn...When PS4 or XB1 say "Exclusively on " they are talking for the CONSOLE not "everywhere" For thme, who CARES about the PC because it isnt in their field. Console are consoles PCs and PCs...Out for XB1 and PC but not PS4 = XB1 Exclusive....PC and PS(Vita)(P)(3)4 and not XB? PS exclusive. :)

If you call Titanfall an Xbox One exclusive... you would be incorrect. 

If you call Titanfall an Xbox exclusive... you would be incorrect. 

The fact of the matter is that it is neither an Xbox One, nor an Xbox Exclusive and some have tried painting it as that. I care and this distinction matters to me because if it is available on PC then I do not need an Xbox 360 nor an Xbox One to play it. 

You are extremely incorrect on your definition of exclusive, but I can forgive you for that because you seem inexperienced in this area. 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Microsoft already has a bad name, this will do them no favor.
    Many gamers will not buy it and go Sony instead.

EA and Microsoft gambled they could pull off increased profit with their way of slapping a dick in the face of gamers and ask them to swallow it up.

Uh uh not going to happen.

Sony all the way.

Microsoft needs a realy hard lesson, do not piss gamers off, we are a rare breed of people who enjoy gaming.
    We do not like to be dictated or forced into a direction we did not choose ourselves.

Sony showed the other path and many will walk it with open arms and smile on face.
    I cannot believe all the shit MS is trying to force to its consumers.

Their console does not deserve to outsell Nintendo or Sony PS4 at all this round.
    it needs to sit in a corner licking their wounds and rethink what made them succesfull.
    Shame on you MS...

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by maskmurda
    Is this a thread to inform or a thread to convince people why buying an x-one isn't a waste of money? OP speaks as if the x-one isn't as bad as people are making it out to be when this is a matter of opinion. I happen to like not having my console required to connect online, some may. You cannot try and justify the features that people simply do not like. If you like them, great. Leave your post at that. But it's like OP is a try hard and is trying to lash out at anyone talking shit about the x-one in the nicest way possible but no matter how hard he tries it just comes out like hims sounding like a die hard xbox fan. Facts don't lie. Those features are frowned upon for a reason. 

MMO Maverick for SWTOR, Ortwig for TSW, Mannish for Xbox.

reputation managers.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Hyping the whole cloud thing is a bit of a weird one, as its also a huge liability, i'd rather have a system that could perform well without the whole cloud thing, just have to look at what happened to EA with simcity over cloud computing, so offsetting some of a games processes to a remote server etc is to say the least, daft, either your system can handle it, or it can't.

Now, the whole but your games are stored in the cloud and you can access them from anywhere, well, thats BS, because its dependant on the bandwidth available  to download the game to the place your trying to use it, and that can take 'hours' which renders the whole thing useless. Fine if you want to leave a game downloading overnight so you can play it the next day, but by then your probably back at home using your own system again. The whole Microsoft cloud thing is a huge con job, dubious benefits to try and promote a 'unique' feature that is anything but unique, or even all that useful.

And for the record, Gaikai is to be used to stream PS3 games to the PS4, which will allow a limited form of backwards compatability. It might be useful, it might not, thats a problem with cloud computing, in theory it sounds great, but in practice, well, im sure the guys out there with the latest version of sim city will attest to how great that worked out, and thats for just one game, not a whole gaming platform.image

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

This is a digtal based system. That means that it has been there since day 1. Just because they never said anything does not mean they never had it.

Actually, Microsoft started trying to purchase Onlive after Sony purchased Gaikai. Microsoft couldn't get Onlive as a whole so they started hiring employees from Onlive instead. Sony has been working with Gaikai longer and may well end up with the edge on cloud gaming because it is a different beast than cloud computing. 

Then what part of this system is not for you that you don't understand? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you are ready for what Xbox One is then buy it and if you are not then don't. This is a thread to inform people who want to know more about the system and not for people who already have there mind made up they are going with PS4. I may end up getting a PS4 one day like I did with PS3 but it just wont be my first system just like the PS3 was not.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

He seems to be ignoring everyone that is actually showing he is selectively providing information to hide what the system is ACTUALLY doing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

@ OP: I knew all that and it's precisely why I won't go anywhere near an XB1.

I understand that in your enthusiasm you want to rationalize whatever MS is selling and declare it good... it isn't. And we don't really care if you buy one...good for you...glad it makes you happy.

But your assumption that the reason we're not buying-in is because we don't know or understand "the real truth" is offensive. You're coming across like the stereotypical JW zealot on my doorstep pushing The Watchtower as the only means to salvation. We do know and we don't like it.

The PS4 (which btw, has the superior GPU so everything should run a tiny bit better on it) is maintaining the used game sales/trading status quo...we like that better.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NoLimit5401NoLimit5401 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'm not going to get into all the other points and arguements in this post, but I wanted to point out that cloud based anything does not mean faster updates in way, shape, or form. That just made me laugh out loud enough that I had to throw in my two cents. Updates, DLC, or patches will still come at the same rate the game devs put them out.............
    Originally posted by jtcgs

He seems to be ignoring everyone that is actually showing he is selectively providing information to hide what the system is ACTUALLY doing.

I am only replying to people who post I see worthy of replying to. I don't know who all post that I did not replay to so repost if you feel it deserves a reply. I am not going to go searching for it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Did i not settle this before.. It is VERY simple

Get a PS4 if you like to get a game-console (and is happy with only that)

Get a XB1 if you want a media console that can play games

Yeah you can also get a WiiU if you like Mario (nothing bad with that.. i do and the new Mario Kart look very tempting)

That is all the info you need, but if you like to play games that use motion sensor tech... My bet is on the XB1

This have been a good conversation

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by Silverbarr
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

How do you figure the price is better?

PS4 399.99 XB1 499.99.....

End result...the same. Why? Because the PS4 With the Eye is 499.99 *or just about* With the XB1 the kinect with use to be a 99 dollar addition comes standard.

The quality? Of what? The parts inside? Same chips made by the same company with minor differences. So are you saying the AMD chips in the PS4 are higher quality than the XB1? Doubtfull.

Features, overhead costs, games, bells and whistles? Who knows, they can say whatever they want, the systems arent even at the stores yet. Things change from E3 to release.

But I will say one thing,Sony said they made the PS3 capable of running Linux and they were not going to take that away....Look what happened?

Another cost people seem to miss on the PS4, the 'extra' 70 or whatever bucks a year you're going to have to pay for a PSN+ account. I still have people crying FOUL! when I bring up that with the ps4 to play online you need a plus membership.

For me, I'm happy with my 360 and my ps3 for now. I will keep my eye on both and hopefully closer to release when they actually show something that could NOT just have been a PC running 'XB1-Fake"dows...or "PS4dos"

So keep an open mind, and a closed wallet....Not a closed mind and an open wallet, like THEY want you :)

Now in regards to the price the new Playstation Eye it has already been confirmed to have a price of $59.99 so that is cheaper also PS+ is cheaper then Gold membership so it is cheaper to use a PS4 online in the long run also while this defeats the purpose of many of the features should a person solely want to play single-player games the PS4 would again be cheaper due to not requiring a broadband internet connection which is at a minimum around $30 and upwards of $100 a month.

PS+ is at the most $17 a month or $50 for a year also if you time your purchases correctly you can usually get a few months tacked on to your purchase for free I got 4 months a $20 value for free with my 1 year membership and my friend through the smart use of offers was able to get a whole extra year for free you also get access to random recently released blockbuster games this month they are Xcom, Uncharted 3, and Saints Row 3 later this month.

So yes price wise the PS4 is cheaper without a doubt also spec wise Jack Tretton came out and said it directly at the camera during his Geoff Keighley E3 interview that the PS4 is without a doubt the most powerful game console and if anyone doubts this they can feel free to ask any third-party developer.

As for more powerful I will have to wait and let the games speak for them selves. I saw both shows and Microsofts games looked way better to me. Remedy seems to think different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rly8s1ZkkL4&list=FLksoyDFtH--Rg7IaTzzU_gw

Um.... Really? All we have seen of Quantic Break have been CGI cut scenes that does not prove anything the Xbox 360 CGI wise could make scenes that look better then next gen "gameplay" key there being Gameplay I do not remember seeing any gameplay for any of the next gen X1 exclusives aside from Titan Fall and Killer Instinct most of the games shown at the X1 show were multi-platform.

Then form your opinion on what you saw from both Sony and Microsoft.

Well seeing as Titan Fall is the only X1 exclusive I can go off of both the Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son gameplay looked far better though Titan Fall is a quasi MMO though I can all shoot that down though with a Multiplatform title "In my opinion" The Division was by far the best looking game at E3 and that is an actual full blown MMO and is a multiplatform off all things, though the gameplay shown was being run on the PS4 we have not seen X1 gameplay yet.

Titan Fall isn't even an Xbone exclusive lol... 

It will be on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC... http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/titanfall-coming-xbox-one-360-pc-2014-6C10261389

For the love of Gawd people, when will you learn...When PS4 or XB1 say "Exclusively on " they are talking for the CONSOLE not "everywhere" For thme, who CARES about the PC because it isnt in their field. Console are consoles PCs and PCs...Out for XB1 and PC but not PS4 = XB1 Exclusive....PC and PS(Vita)(P)(3)4 and not XB? PS exclusive. :)

When will you learn the meaning of the term exclusive? You can't just shine a light on the term from a different angle and expect that to change the definition. Exclusive means exclusive.

Correct. This term in this usage is "Exclusive" As in we're the only console who is getting this. Hell Sony is still saying "Final Fantasy 14: A realm reborn....PS3/4 Exclusive." but it's out for PC too....and well it's PS3 AND 4? So it's not exclusive in well anyway but my 'marketing' one? :)

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

Then what part of this system is not for you that you don't understand? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you are ready for what Xbox One is then buy it and if you are not then don't. This is a thread to inform people who want to know more about the system and not for people who already have there mind made up they are going with PS4. I may end up getting a PS4 one day like I did with PS3 but it just wont be my first system just like the PS3 was not.

Sorry but this dont feels like information thread considering how far you would go in light of all the facts.

Its Xbox one Advertisement thread, not information one. Only few people where actually giving useful information here.

If you try to sell a product it will be obvious consumers will want to compare it to competition. And as long as its impartial thread then it should be so. 

The way you are writing, you want everyone to shut up and buy xbox and god forbid compare it to PS4. 

Thats not gonna happen, people are no stupid and can google their information. 

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

Originally posted by Iselin

@ OP: I knew all that and it's precisely why I won't go anywhere near an XB1.

I understand that in your enthusiasm you want to rationalize whatever MS is selling and declare it good... it isn't. And we don't really care if you buy one...good for you...glad it makes you happy.

But your assumption that the reason we're not buying-in is because we don't know or understand "the real truth" is offensive. You're coming across like the stereotypical JW zealot on my doorstep pushing The Watchtower as the only means to salvation. We do know and we don't like it.

The PS4 (which btw, has the superior GPU so everything should run a tiny bit better on it) is maintaining the used game sales/trading status quo...we like that better.

Where did I ever say the reason you are not buying its because you don't know about it? I don't care who buys and who does not buy. Is the same way with a mmo release. If I see a game that I like I am going to support regardless of whether the masses are on board or not. Its just a $500 gaming system. If I was needing mommy or daddy to buy it for me then that would be different but I am the mommy and daddy.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

/facepalm.....

You know why you never see lots of ads for milkshakes? Because they kind of sell themselves....

Now, if they started making all milkshakes out of sardines...i wonder if someone would turn up here and tout the virtues of the new formula, why its better for us and why we should just shut up and drink.

Sorry Mr. Softy, I like my rights as a consumer...when I buy somethings, its mine.....but please feel free to give yours up....just don't come here and convince me why I should, too.

good luck, mate!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature