Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One ( What people dont know but should know ) Updated!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

This is for people who want to know more about the Xbox One.

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future. 

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. 

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

• Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

All info can be found here.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Offical statement from Microsoft about the change.

Microsoft has confirmed that a day one update will be required for Xbox One . In response to the reversal of Xbox One’s used game and internet policies earlier today, Microsoft spoke to Xbox One chief product officer Marc Whitten about how this changes the policies previously announced for the new console.

“There was always going to be a day one update on the console, and that’s frankly just a difference in manufacturing schedules versus software schedules,” Whitten told IGN. “We just wanted to be clear that that hasn’t changed, that you have to go online to get the software update for day one, then you wouldn’t have to be connected after that.”

When asked if the update can be downloaded via smartphone tethering for customers without broadband, Whitten confirmed “sure. Any way that you can get connectivity to the Live service would work to enable that to come down to the console.”

We asked Whitten about the decision to makes today’s changes and how Microsoft has responded to some of the reactions online.

“We love getting feedback from gamers. My ideal scenario is always that I’m working to build a product they love,” Whitten said. “We still believe in how games and entertainment are transformed by being connected and powered by the cloud, and frankly you’re going to see us really innovate against that experience. But as part of making the changes to allow you to use physical discs the way that you do today, what’s going to happen is your online games and your physical games will work like they do today. That does mean that features like Family Sharing won’t be there. Another example that we think is awesome is that when you move to any Xbox One, the ability to see all of your games in your Games Library. While you’ll clearly only see the ones that you downloaded online, you’d have to bring your physical discs for the other ones.”

Whitten also confirmed that, as Microsoft first said in May, Xbox One will still require the Kinect sensor (which is included in the box) in order to play games.

“We still believe Kinect is a really critical part of the architecture,” Whitten explained. “We think it changes the way you can interact with your experiences, being able to control the box with your voice or with gestures, being able to do Skype. And we want game and interactive entertainment creators to be able to know they can take advantage of it, and we want it to be completely consistent for our users. So we still are very committed to how Kinect transforms that experience.”

Given that Xbox One will no longer require a connection for all users or any kind of periodic check-in, we asked Whitten how this will impact games with always-online features such as Forza Motorsport 5 or EA’s Titanfall.

We believe that most people, frankly, are going to continue to take advantage of the connected state and all that comes with it.

“We believe that most people, frankly, are going to continue to take advantage of the connected state and all that comes with it,” he told us, “and that frankly it will be experiences like TitanFall taking unique advantage of the cloud, or Forza and drivatars that people are going to love and they’re going to use. And to take advantage of those features you’ll clearly have to be connected and online, just as if you were streaming video or playing multiplayer or any of the other things that require online. But that’s up to the game experience and sort of how they use those features.”

Given Xbox One’s digital features -- even with today’s changes -- we asked Whitten how Microsoft feels about physical media in general and if they would rather have left out an optical drive entirely.

“We actually think physical discs drive a lot of really positive things,” Whitten told us. “The truth is, games are really big, and the ability to get them down quickly and have them there and play them is key. The ability to go into a store and see a wall of games, to get people to tell you about which games are great and to be able to flip them over and understand them and browse is really great. So actually, we love physical discs. We love being able to use those.”

Whitten clarified that “you’ll still install [games] to the hard drive. Obviously if you download them from online that’s the way it works. If you put a disc in, it will install it to the hard drive. You will have to have the disc in the tray in order to play. One of the cool features that actually comes with that, as an example, because we built on all this infrastructure around Xbox One, is if I went to your house with my disc-based game and we played for a while, and obviously I’d installed and we played, and then I left with my disc, you could instantly buy that game with no downloads.”

The instant game switching that Microsoft showed off at E3 will also still function, though players will of course need to change physical discs if they’re swapping between hard copies of games.

“So much of that still works exactly as we’ve been describing,” Whitten clarified. “You’ll instantly switch between the game that you’re playing, between television and apps, between Skype, you’ll be able to snap those and move between them effortlessly. Now, if you’re talking about disc-based games, because the disc does have to be in the tray to play, if you decide to switch to a disc-based game that’s not the current one in the drive, you’ll have to go get it.”

“And you’ll also, in the middle of your disc-based game, you’ll be flipping to the web browser because you want to do something or snapping to Skype or flipping over between live TV and then going back to the disc-based game,” he continued. “So that fast and fluid experience, which we think will define next-generation entertainment, is still a core part of how Xbox One works.”

Whitten also confirmed that the Smart Match functionality described at E3 is still very much a part of the console despite today’s changes.

We’ve just been absorbing what people love and, frankly, what they want to see changed.

“You’ll still be able to do all of those pieces of functionality,” he said. “Again, if you decided to Smart Match into one of your games that was on a physical disc, you’d have to make sure that was in the tray. The capability is still there, the ability to do some of those things asynchronously, all of those capabilities still exist because of the power of the cloud and the power of Xbox Live and how we built the architecture.”

Finally, we asked Whitten how long these changes have been in the works. Given Sony's bombshell announcement last week, were these changes made in response to the news at E3?

“If you think about the last three or four weeks, this has been our first chance to show our complete platform,” Whitten explained. “Everything from the Xbox unveil to showing the great games lineup at E3 last week was the time when we were able to get everybody to see our platform and get great feedback. We got tons of feedback on what people loved. They loved the games, they loved the vision of the platform, the unique things that were made possible by the architecture. But they also told us they want choice in these areas. We’ve been listening to the feedback, we’ve been reading the forums, we’ve been reading the comments since that time. So I think it’s been, thankfully for us, constant over the last week as we’ve just been absorbing what people love and, frankly, what they want to see changed.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/xbox-one-will-require-day-one-update?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Comments

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I think most informed gamers already know this. 

The "digital media" makes no difference. Xbox Live is not Steam, nor is the box truly digital considering you can still buy "physical discs"

The harddrive is too small too truly be all "digital" considering the next generation of games is looking to be upwards of 60 GB or so. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Khebeln

In either case its still PS4 >>>> Xbox One 

In price, quality, and features. Not to mention user friendly.

Please tell me about the quality and features. What will the PS4 do different then the Xbox One? I just listed what makes the Xbox One different. This is not a troll or fanboy question. I really want to discuss this because even I want to know more.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I don't have any problems with Steam - in fact, I really like Steam.

The difference between Steam and X1 is that:
    With a PC, I can run Steam, and I can also run physical media. I have the choice.

With the X1 - there is no choice. Even if I buy physical media, it still runs through the XBL service and still has all of the drawbacks of digital media.

The "It's just like Steam" argument is a strawman argument, because it's not just like Steam. The only alternative on the X1 is to not use the X1.

Digital licensing is nice, I like it, but there are a lot of instances where it doesn't work well. On a PC running Steam, you can log into "offline mode" and continue to use your single player licenses, you can play physical media, etc. You won't be able to take an X1 on deployment. You won't be able to take your X1 to Grandpa's house without internet. You won't be able to let your kids play X1 in the car/RV. All of those may be niche cases, but they are all valid uses that a Cloud-Only approach just won't work for.

All in all though, it really doesn't matter for me, as I don't plan on getting one.

Originally posted by samuraislyr4

The "digital media" makes no difference. Xbox Live is not Steam, nor is the box truly digital considering you can still buy "physical discs"

The harddrive is too small too truly be all "digital" considering the next generation of games is looking to be upwards of 60 GB or so. 

Are you all even reading? The disc is only for a install to the system and to the cloud. If I log into an xbox one at my brothers house and play my games then how is that not digital? This is why I posted a link to IGN with all of this.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Yes cloud computing could add a lot to games single or multiplayer and if you want folks online that's how you should do it.Give them actual incentives and reasons to WANT to be online.Forcing people to have to connect all the time or at constant intervals is not the way to go and is sucking up to publishers at the expense of consumers.I have no problem connecting once to verify an installation but after that it's just inconvenience and data wastage to me as a consumer.

I also think cloud computing will be an option on the PS4 but I think most games that use it will have a completely offline mode that will of course be gimped but still useable and fun.probably true of xbox one games too but there you still have the every 24 hour restriction.

Originally posted by Ridelynn

With a PC, I can run Steam, and I can also run physical media. I have the choice.

With the X1 - there is no choice. Even if I buy physical media, it still runs through the XBL service and still has all of the drawbacks of digital media.

The "It's just like Steam" argument is a strawman argument, because it's not just like Steam. The only alternative on the X1 is to not use the X1.

Digital licensing is nice, I like it, but there are a lot of instances where it doesn't work well. On a PC running Steam, you can log into "offline mode" and continue to use your single player licenses, you can play physical media, etc. You won't be able to take an X1 on deployment. You won't be able to take your X1 to Grandpa's house without internet. You won't be able to let your kids play X1 in the car/RV. All of those may be niche cases, but they are all valid uses that a Cloud-Only approach just won't work for.

All in all though, it really doesn't matter for me, as I don't plan on getting one.

This is a result of the always on. Steam does not have an always on so that's why you can play stuff offline. For the Xbox One to achieve its vision of  games being able to grow at all times even when you are not playing this is just what you have to accept. In no way am I saying this system is for everybody. If I did not have good internet and really care about buying used games from gamestop then I would not be buying this system.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Originally posted by Mannish

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its toon soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

If you have to work this hard to sell something, maybe it's because it's not worth buying.

First of all PS4 will be 100$ cheaper than Xbox One according to what we heard on E3. To top it of it will be significantly smaller compared to Xbox One.

When it comes to hardware features PS4 Offers same or better ones, with less limitations. This chart from IGN says it all.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

To top it off PS4 will have no region locks, will use cloud sharing to, and will not be limited by any silly methods in any way compared to the new Microsoft console.

Now hardware wise according to many sources like this one http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4 clearly shows that not only PS4 will have slightly faster CPU (10-20%) but faster memory and much faster GPU (up to 30-50%)

Now if you consider all that, why would you ever want to buy xbox one, other than for exclusive titles ?

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by samuraislyr4

Are you all even reading? The disc is only for a install to the system and to the cloud. If I log into an xbox one at my brothers house and play my games then how is that not digital? This is why I posted a link to IGN with all of this.

What is the point then of selling disks?  When you go to anyplace that sells games these days they have those gift card sized plastic cards with the games serial number on them and you put the code in and download the game.  All selling disks does is increase the cost.  If it is all cloud based anyway, then they should just eliminate the disks also.  Make it a truly digital system rather than this weird hybrid that have certain expectations attached to the media (physical disk).  They really should need such a detailed explanation of what their system does.  I think the hangup is using physical discs when they could just be selling the digital codes and it would make much more sense to people.  For those that don't have the bandwidth to download the games well, those people are probably the ones also complaining about the 24 hour check in and are less likely to buy the system anyway.  

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options.

/end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).

Originally posted by Avarix

There Xbox One is a digital media system. Its not like the PS4 which is still a physical media system. It is based around cloud computing. When you buy a game you will install it do your system and an image will also be saved to the cloud. This is how you can log in to any system anywhere and play your games. This is why things like the always on and 24 hour check are features of the Xbox One.

24 hour Online Check: This does not mean that your console has to be always connected but it must connect at least once every 24 hours. This is mainly to protect against piracy and to allow your games to always be updated. This is cloud computing so they do not want somebody to take a Xbox One, hack it and then connect it back to there servers. This is simply for protection. No more waiting on patch 2.2 that's coming in 2 weeks. By being always connected the content will be constantly added. Imagine getting up the next morning and turning on your system to find that your Killer Instinct has 2 new character or your Call Of Duty has 5 new maps. If for some reason your internet goes down then you can use your cell phone's internet to do the online check. If you for some reason you still cant do that and fail to allow the system to check then you gaming will be blocked but you still can access all media. I am unsure how you will unlock your system. Does it unlock when you connect again and does the check or do you have to contact Microsoft?

By always on all they are saying is that even when you turn your system off it will not  be completely off but rather in a very low power sleep state to allow the constant xbox live connection for content updates and 24 hour check.

People keep saying that I don't own my games but they need to know that its digital and not phyical. By selling Xbox One games as digital download and disc you actually can sell or trade  but not to places like GameStop. I can buy a game and don't like and then turn around and sell  or trade it to my friend at work but its a 1 time thing. My friend at work who got the game from me cannot sell it to his cousin or anybody else because it wont work. So for me if I was to buy a used game from somebody it would have to be for a really great price knowing that game is going to be mine forever and I cant sell or trade it. They are working on being able to trade them back in to certain retailers but I am still looking for more info on that one.

The developers are the ones asking Microsoft and Sony for this. The want people to buy games from then and not from places like Gamestop where they don't get any revenue from. If a Developer has a plan to make this 100 Million doller AAA title do they put in PS4 where they may sell 5Million copies which half of them end up at Gamestop for them to resell where they dont get anything from or do I go with Xbox One where I can sell 10 Million because the is no used market so everything will come from us. Microsoft wants to make digital gaming like Steam where there are always games at good prices but without the developers being happy this cannot happen.

You can create an Family Circle on your account and allow any 10 people access to your entire game library. By an image of your game being stored on the cloud this is how a person can play your library or how you can log on to any Xbox One and play your games. Only downside is that the person will have to be on your friends list for 30 days. I think they should change this to 24 hours since the system does a 24 hour check. If you have a really good friends list you may never have to even buy a game but just play games that your friends own and your friend can be anywhere the world. There is no disc required and you do not have to pay. This is a very good feature of the Xbox One.

Foraz 5:

Xbox One is based around cloud computing will be something really different. Forza 5 for example will not have computer AI. You will be racing against real peoples intelligence called drivatar. As you play your Drivatar will being made by how you play. When you log off from Forza you wont be there but your drivatar will still be in game racing for you. When you log back on you may find your drivatar has earned you money or new cars. This is where the always on benefits you.

Sunset Overdrive;

Open world multiplayer shooter where the developers are going to build the world on feedback from the players. Content will be constantly added to the world at all times. MMO maybe? Its toon soon to say right now but again this is the where the always on comes in to play. Developers can now build worlds in game.

This is what  the Xbox One is. Its the first digital console we have ever had. Microsofts only problem is that they did not say any of this at E3.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one

If you have to work this hard to sell something, maybe it's because it's not worth buying.

Who is working hard? No different then a person posting why you should try this game. I am not trying to convert anybody. I had said this over and over that I am trying to give information to the people who want to know more about this system.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

Agreed, this feels like an ad, PS4 for me. 

Originally posted by Dihoru

Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options.

/end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).

I would rather have a system that's build around it from day 1 then a system that tries to add it on later. Adding things like this on just don't work.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

24 hour check? so if I go on vacation for a week, then what? I have to bring my console with me? Every day I have to turn it on? I have to baby sit it to make sure the games don't go away?

Im honestly not even a console fan so the answers to this really don't matter .. im just curious as I haven't really been reading much about it, but this struck me as odd.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

This is a result of the always on. Steam does not have an always on so that's why you can play stuff offline. For the Xbox One to achieve its vision of  games being able to grow at all times even when you are not playing this is just what you have to accept. In no way am I saying this system is for everybody. If I did not have good internet and really care about buying used games from gamestop then I would not be buying this system.

Then how come my PS3 does not need to check for internet every 24hrs but if I leave my wifi on will still turn on at my designated time and allow all of my games to "grow" and update the 24hr check is just complete BS there is no need for it.

Originally posted by Panzerbase

Agreed, this feels like an ad, PS4 for me. 

Then you are not the person I am talking to. Like I said, this is for the people that want to know more about the Xbox One because this is stuff that Microsoft should have said at E3 but did not.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I would rather have a system that's build around it from day 1 then a system that tries to add it on later. Adding things like this on just don't work.

Actually cloud gaming services have always been part of the PS4 design it's why they purchased Gakai to add to it.M$ just has a head start because they already have cloud services in place for windows systems.

• icospawnicospawn Member UncommonPosts: 4

been confirm, but its only one family member at a time per using that 1 game.... so all 10 can't play at the same time only 1. also if you give a game that given game is now void to be traded again.

The PS4 already does have cloud(Gaikai) and digital download options the PS3 was the first console to have day one digital lol. Also the PS4 can stream your purchased games while they're downloading so there is no wait Microsoft has not mentioned any such feature on the X1 yet.

The day i hear about that 24h check i was like daFAQ !? Only and idiot would go for it in a long term or someone that dont have a clue. Its similar thing like with the Ubisoft DRM and we all know how it all ended. 

We could argue about it if we did not go through it as a PC gamers already due to mentioned DRM. But we all know it dont works in long run and A LOT of clueless people will be raging about it day and night once the Xbox will be released and they will either remove it like Ubisoft did or crash and burn as customers will boycott the console.

Also in regards to the circle of friends shared games, they have already said if the owner is playing the game at the same time that you try to play it you will not be able to play the game. Only one person is able to play the game at a time unless they have changed this they keep saying things then taking back what they said the next day.....
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

The PS4 already does have cloud(Gaikai) and digital download options the PS3 was the first console to have day one digital lol. Also the PS4 can stream your purchased games while they're downloading so there is no wait Microsoft has not mentioned any such feature on the X1 yet.

Not the same.I cannot go to a friends house and play my PS4 games over PSN. Sony indeed purchased a cloud service but why? Nobody knows and they have not even said anything. Please feel free to share links of how PS4 works with there cloud service.

Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Also in regards to the circle of friends shared games, they have already said if the owner is playing the game at the same time that you try to play it you will not be able to play the game. Only one person is able to play the game at a time unless they have changed this they keep saying things then taking back what they said the next day.....

Yes, this is true and its to be expected. I cannot buy  Halo and have 10 people playing off my copy at the same time. We will all have to take turns the same way we would with a disc. I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Shauneepeak Originally posted by Mannish Originally posted by Dihoru Bottom line: The PS4 can upgrade to have cloud and digital download options, the Xbox 1 cannot upgrade to have offline options. /end of discussion, no backsies by Xbox 1 troll fans (used the term backsies so they may more easily comprehend that the discussion is futile when the Xbox 1 is nothing like they claim it to be).

Not the same.I cannot go to a friends house and play my PS4 games over PSN. Sony indeed purchased a cloud service but why? Nobody knows and they have not even said anything. Please feel free to share links of how PS4 works with there cloud service.

Here's one:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-will-launch-cloud-gaming-service-for-ps3-ps4-and-vita-in-2/

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.