Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install error!

zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

I got over half way through downloading the 4.something gig file and got an error, now it wants to start again. I am not interested in starting the download again, as it has no way of not repeatedly getting the same error and I have better things to download with my quota than waste it on file errors!

Looks like just another game I will not play!

Goodby rift (probably not missing anything anyway after getting to level 4, so yes I did play)!

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by zasten

Goodby rift (probably not missing anything anyway after getting to level 4, so yes I did play)!

Lol, you kill a couple of mobs in the newbie zone and you're level 4!  You played for all of about 30 seconds.  :D

I would think the problem downloading is at your end.  I haven't seen anyone else complain on here or on the Rift forums about it.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    The problem may well be on my end, but I am not going to retry over and over, what happened to resume for where you left off, if fail or stopped for some reason!
    So, QQ'ing over something at your end and not actually the fault of the game...  Very productive and sure to get you limitless sympathy.  
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    So, QQ'ing over something at your end and not actually the fault of the game...  Very productive and sure to get you limitless sympathy.  

I am completely sympathetic with the OP!  I would whine too about RIFT if my parents bought cheap broadband or wireless! What more is one too do with such a horrible online experience!

Originally posted by DMKano

Rift patcher resumes where it left off, it did on my friends PC which rebooted for Windows updates during download. He launched Rift the next day and it resumed patching.

Yep, it did for me too.