Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be a fool!

skullblade47skullblade47 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Legacy pack: $159 - BUY NOW!

A $212 value(where did I leave my spare fingers)!!

Romulan ships and a uniform!!!

Comments

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    I 'm curious what brand of crack they're on up there at PWE. They must be smoking some really good stuff if they think people are going to pay that much for  fluff. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

I think when PWE and Cryptic got together they were following English grammar rules.   You know, hoping a double negative would make a positive?  

Unfortunately Bad Publisher + Bad Developer = Twice as Bad Game

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

I think when PWE and Cryptic got together they were following English grammar rules.   You know, hoping a double negative would make a positive?  

Unfortunately Bad Publisher + Bad Developer = Twice as Bad Game

What's even funnier is that they used their same engine from STO & Champions online to build Neverwinter, and people STILL preordered the damn thing!

I'm still in shock over that.

Anyone remember how Cryptic used to brag about being able to churn out a "Quality MMO" in under 6months thanks to their "AAA" Engine?

They should go into comedy :)

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    I 'm curious what brand of crack they're on up there at PWE. They must be smoking some really good stuff if they think people are going to pay that much for  fluff. 

you will be surprised as to the number of people who would buy items like these and tell everyone that they are superior because they have these items, just look at swtor; plenty of times i was mocked in game because i did not have those exclusive cash shop gears but i "dared" wrote my opinion of the game.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

fat chance,,i wouldnt even pay that for a collectors edition

but theyll prolly sell a few anyway

THAAR SHE BLOWS , MATEY

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    a few lol I wouldn't be surprised if they solf hundreds, but then this is why we are cursed with the F2P era cause it like printing money.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550
    lol damn
  • iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

I'm not defending PWE here and I would not be interested in the Legacy Pack for myself, but you are being less than truthful about the contents of this package.

The purchase of the Legacy Pack will get you:

The Haakona Advanced Warbird (This ship is wicked cool, btw)

9 new ship unlocks

Romulan Species unlock (which includes unique ship materials)

Borg bridge officer unlock

Reman duty officer unlocks

30 lockbox keys

2 uniforms

3 titles

All unlocks are account wide.

I know that your goal was to disparage Cryptic / PWE and saying that for $159 you get "Romulan ships and a uniform" sounds much better than actually including the details of the pack, but I figured including the actual details might allow people to engage in a better all-around discussion.

Personally, I think this should have been looked at by PWE not as individual items and what they would cost, but rather an expansion and should have been priced accordingly (say - $45.) But I suppose it really depends on what their paying customers feel and since I am a non-paying, once in a blue moon STO player, my opinion should matter very little to them.

edit for spelling

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    a few lol I wouldn't be surprised if they solf hundreds, but then this is why we are cursed with the F2P era cause it like printing money.

Stuff like this is for the most hardcore fans of these IPS. How is it any different than some guy spending thousands of dollars on some useless collectibles? fans don't care about money when it comes to Star Trek and Star Wars.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by iamflymolo
    ...... snip......

"Personally, I think this should have been looked at by PWE not as individual items and what they would cost, but rather an expansion and should have been priced accordingly (say - $45.) But I suppose it really depends on what their paying customers feel and since I am a non-paying, once in a blue moon STO player, my opinion should matter very little to them."

Agreed. Charging money for an Expansion such as this is not bad, it's how much they are charging that's "criminal".

$45 or even $59.99 would have been acceptable in the eyes of many, but $159 is a price only the Whales and the Star Trek Fan Elite will go after. More than likely PWI only wants the Whales and avid ST fans, and this price was set not just out of greed, but also as a gate mechanism... to further "groom" their Customer Base into more how whom they want it to be. Just like a Country Club. Helps to keep revenues up and server costs down.

MMO Publishers now know they can rely on a few Players to cover the costs, "Whales" as we call them, and I think as time goes on we will see more and more of this kind of overpricing. The Trick is to "play innocent" and try to get enough free and normal paying Players into their MMOs so the Whales don't get lonely.

And some Players used to say $15 a month was too high and was elitist.... I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet.