Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Phase 3 Questions and answers from the Beta testers and Photos

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

First low level enemies

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

how about this;

if i go down to my local (insert retailer here) and find an old copy of FFXIV sitting on the shelf... can i buy it, register the key and get into beta? :p

also, what role does each class fill in groups? (example: is lancer dps, tank, tanky dps, cc, etc)

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Just got an invite today for 3rd Phase. Anyone here playing it on PS3? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    seeing as how i played 1.0 with a core duo 2.4 but now you need 3ghz i have no choice but to play it on ps3...its patching right now.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Ppiper
    I am in the beta and just logged for a bit.. I am hearing little if any voice acting from quest givers. Is that normal or is something screwed up? 

Not all voice acting is in beta yet HOWEVER only the main story will be voiced, NOT sidequests, and NOT class quests.  Class quests will have cutscenes but they won't be voiced.

If this is a deal breaker then I don't know what to tell you because they have said this from the beginning of the relaunch.  Main storyline is voiced in the four supported languages, that's it.

Originally posted by Murugan
    I am in the beta and just logged for a bit.. I am hearing little if any voice acting from quest givers. Is that normal or is something screwed up? 

Not all voice acting is in beta yet HOWEVER only the main story will be voiced, NOT sidequests, and NOT class quests.  Class quests will have cutscenes but they won't be voiced.

If this is a deal breaker then I don't know what to tell you because they have said this from the beginning of the relaunch.  Main storyline is voiced in the four supported languages, that's it.

it's not a deal breaker. Why would you assume that? I'm asking only to see if my settings are screwed up, period.

Sorry I thought you were being sarcastic.  Some moron on my server was spamming shout at a player who spoke Japanese in local chat to GTFO because this was an AMERICAN server >.<, maybe that put me more on edge than usual.

I remember the same thing the first day of 1.0 but it was a few German players being shouted at, god some MMO players make me embarrassed to play video games.  FFXIV generally has a pretty good community in my opinion and it makes the typical internet douchebags really stand out like a sore thumb.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

it's not a deal breaker. Why would you assume that? I'm asking only to see if my settings are screwed up, period.

Sorry I thought you were being sarcastic.  Some moron on my server was spamming shout at a player who spoke Japanese in local chat to GTFO because this was an AMERICAN server >.<, maybe that put me more on edge than usual.

I remember the same thing the first day of 1.0 but it was a few German players being shouted at, god some MMO players make me embarrassed to play video games.  FFXIV generally has a pretty good community in my opinion and it makes the typical internet douchebags really stand out like a sore thumb.

it's summer, school is out. 

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    I am currently lvl12, what level do you get to the first instance generally speaking? Around 15-20? Would just like confirmation.
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/38151-Beta-Test-Phase-3-Patch-Notes

The following additions and changes have been made to instanced dungeons:

• The following instanced dungeons have been added:
      Name Recommended Level Number of Players Time Limit Location
      Sastasha Seagrot Level 15–17 4 players 90 minutes Western La Noscea
      (X:28,Y:21)
      Copperbell Mines Level 17–19 Western Thanalan
      (X:28,Y:16)
      Halatali Level 20–22 Eastern Thanalan
      (X:14,Y:30)
      Brayflox’s Longstop Level 32–34 Eastern La Noscea
      (X:14,Y:24)
    • The level requirements and time limits for the following dungeons have been changed:
      Name Recommended Level Time Limit
      β2 β3 β2 β3
      Tam-Tara Deepcroft Level 15 Level 16–18 60 minutes 90 minutes
      Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak Level 25 Level 23–25
      Haukke Manor Level 30 Level 29–31

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by ZizouX

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/38151-Beta-Test-Phase-3-Patch-Notes

The following additions and changes have been made to instanced dungeons:

• The following instanced dungeons have been added:
      Name Recommended Level Number of Players Time Limit Location
      Sastasha Seagrot Level 15–17 4 players 90 minutes Western La Noscea
      (X:28,Y:21)
      Copperbell Mines Level 17–19 Western Thanalan
      (X:28,Y:16)
      Halatali Level 20–22 Eastern Thanalan
      (X:14,Y:30)
      Brayflox’s Longstop Level 32–34 Eastern La Noscea
      (X:14,Y:24)
    • The level requirements and time limits for the following dungeons have been changed:
      Name Recommended Level Time Limit
      β2 β3 β2 β3
      Tam-Tara Deepcroft Level 15 Level 16–18 60 minutes 90 minutes
      Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak Level 25 Level 23–25
      Haukke Manor Level 30 Level 29–31

wow, that's a lot of time for one run =/

Beta Week 1 has ended . I got to Test for about 12 hours in total over this testing cycle and I got to lvl 14. On my Pug . I have to say SE has made a Awesome game !!!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I just got out of Beta and it said something about  no disclosure on any proprietary content,so basically nothing except your thoughts or anything already posted by Square.

I can say they did improve the game a LOT  ,although i stayed away from fishing because i really did not like the initial release of it.

If i tried fishing and again hate it,i might not want to play the game lol,so i am avoiding it for now :P.

I might also say the system req's must have dropped right off because i am having about the same fps as i get in EQ2 and FFXIV looks  better.I get around 30 fps but my settings are decently high and my machine is sort of outdated.I only have an 8800 gpu and a slowish 5200 AMD chip.SO i would say just about anyone could play this game.I tried to mess with the settings but they didn't seem to do very much to the FPS so not sure if a system weaker than mine would be playable.I will also note that going under 30 fps in most  every game is automatic freak out time,in FFXIV you can drop below 30 and still be less noticeable,all you get is a bit of head spin from the eye strain lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Classes i leveld:

lvl 15 archer
    lvl 10 mage
    lvl 12 pugilist
    lvl 5 gladiator
    lvl 5 lancer
    lvl 5 marauder

all great fun to play, unique feel to each diciples of war !!!

Hand jobs: no you perverts not that kind of hand jobs ^^

weaver
    carpenter
    botanist
    leatherworker

crafting is so well designed in FF, i think its safe to say the best in any mmo i have ever played.
    minor annoyance is that as you begin you need to click and make each item manualy and that can take a ridicuous amount of time :P
    Other than that minor annoyance its perfectly done.

The world: and details in FF are the best i have ever seen.
    Realy with max graphics and detail i was blown away....speechless when the night falls and you look up to the heavens, wich also moves !!!
    This realy is a next gen engine that makes use of DX 11.1
    I was most impressed in the forests area's it has such an organic feel to the suroundings.
    Sometimes i just stopped and looked around to admire the atmosphere and details.

Combat: up to level 15 no problemo with anything, then i got a archers lefel 15 quest......

SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT REACHED LEVEL 15 ON YOU ARCHER AND DONT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i accepted the archer level 15 quest and headed out upon reaching my destination i was met with my fellow archer guild npc's.
    We ambushed a few strange enemy's and killed them all, including the their boss.

Once we won i was left behind and a wizard revealed himself...
    He summoned a Demon of the underworld to finish me off.

At this point i was trying to kill the demon + wizard but that dint go well -_-
    After a few more try's i bought some potions that remove poison as my health kept dropping by the poison spell he casted.

It seems i hit a brick wall, potion dint work and i was killed a few more times and then........the beta ended !!!!!!

END OF SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far i was having a blast dint encounter 1 bugg or disconnection.
    had a solid 60 fps whole weekend.
    never ever i have been in a beta where evrything went so smooth......

What i like to add is the chat in Final Fantasy ARR.
    Normaly you see the herp derp villegers spamming local with useless shit and trolling or whatever.
    Not in FF !

I played on 3 diffrent servers 2 EU and 1 japanese and each server there where no trolls or flameing or hating or anything what you normaly would expect.
    People where helpfull polite easy going !!
    Even on the japanese server i askt questions in english and got nice and usefull reply's back !
    Even had a conversation with some dude about our dutch kickboxers and how they dont understand why we (breed such great champions) :) !!!

All in all this beta has left a rock solid impresion with me, i have been a whining bitch for the last years as each mmo seemed to missed the point of mmo's.
    Making friends and having fun.
    Square Enix seem to have hit Gold with this reincarnation of FF XIV.

The people who where in previous beta's dint lie when they said you would be suprised how good FF XIV is !!!

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Gladiator are pretty tough but not that tough.

I freakin love Highlander Females though. They just look so hard ass.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya
    Originally posted by Kayo83
    Its funny, I had a couple questions written up but now that I got invited to beta I could just find out myself soon enough... BUT ... I guess ill ask anyway. :P

They may be public/common knowledge already but I havent really been reading every single bit of info I could find and when I do, im not sure if its info from v1.0 (which I never played) or not.

Anyway...

1) Crafting classes. Is there a limit on number of crafting classes I can take per toon? Or can I really (eventually) be a one man, fully self-reliant, manufacturing machine? On a related note ... since they're treated as classes am I to assume they take just as long to level up? The only difference being to gain XP from grinding crafting items rather than killing mobs, quests, dungeons, etc?

2)Jobs. Do they still work like 1.0 where if I want a Monk I HAVE to level 2 other classes to a certain level (30 and 15) before I can be one? Also, once I unlock the Monk job, do I start at level 1 again? If so do I have to basically return to the lowbie areas and start from scratch or will I still have the ability to hold my own and continue the content from where I was at when I unlocked the Job?

3) Specs. Havent heard anything about this so Im starting to think they just dont have them but... do they? Do classes/jobs have further customization options that'll "differentiate" the player from another of the same class/job? i.e. Talent points like WoW or Rift or maybe more like the Stigma abilities in Aion (using materia like we did in FFVII *crosses fingers*).

OK in ARR you can play ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on one Character ( we don't call them toons :p ) So no there is no limit to the crafting class you can play them all . Second part of your question is yes. You level crafting by crafting

Question 2 first part yes . Second part no your Monk will be Level 30 .

Question 3 .

MINIMUM

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo 3GHz
    Memory: 2GB (4GB recommended for 64bit OS)
    Hard Drive: 20GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8800 or higher, ATI Radeon™ HD 4770 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1280x720
    Internet: Broadband connection
    Sound Card: DirectSound® supported sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
    DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c or higher

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2.66GHz
    Memory: 4GB
    Hard Drive: 20GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Internet: Broadband connection
    Sound Card: DirectSound® supported sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
    DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c or higher

* NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFire™ support will be available at release.

Every job you can use abilities from other jobs example You can Level Conj to 12 and learn cure . Then level Lancer to 12 and add Cure to your abilities because you  learned it from Conj . But Classes have there own unique set of abilities that do not cross over to other classes or jobs . You get points to add to your Chrs. Point you can adjust for STR,DEX,VIT so on and so on . As for the Materia you can add it to your armor and weapons .

I have called them toons for over 10 years, What is this "we don't call them toons"  business?

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Mothanos
    SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT REACHED LEVEL 15 ON YOU ARCHER AND DONT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So i accepted the archer level 15 quest and headed out upon reaching my destination i was met with my fellow archer guild npc's.
    We ambushed a few strange enemy's and killed them all, including the their boss.Once we won i was left behind and a wizard revealed himself...
    He summoned a Demon of the underworld to finish me off.At this point i was trying to kill the demon + wizard but that dint go well -_-
    After a few more try's i bought some potions that remove poison as my health kept dropping by the poison spell he casted.It seems i hit a brick wall, potion dint work and i was killed a few more times and then........the beta ended !!!!!! END OF SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOILER

On my level 15 Thaumaturge I must have tried this quest about 5-6 times, it all depended on luck, if you are lucky and timed the potion right the demon wouldn't fire off another poison while the potion was on CD, sadly most of the time luck was not on my side and another poison hit would happen before the potion was off CD. I ended up running myself to Gridania and leveling up Conjurer just enough to unlock Cure, once I had that i could cure myself through the poison the second time it hit. Lots of complaints about this quest on the forums.

Mind blowing time . The Graphics are not DX11 as of yet . DX11 will be at launch :) so expect even more beauty . Think these are DX10 as of now

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

So you are telling me the game was not running on DX 11.1 Inigo ? :P ! ?
    Now you are trolling me :) !!!!! ?

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    atm the game is running DX9 I think (maybe 10, but definitely not 11)
  • anandaananda Member UncommonPosts: 45

I played archer to 15, and also leather worker to 11 and botanist to 5. I cannot access the beta forum, after logging in the page would remain white for 1-2 minutes then I get these Japanase message: ??????????????????????????????????????????????. Clicking anything else will just prompt me to login again. Is this a known bug?

Combat is okay, I only wish I have dodge for those pesky ranged mobs (kiting melee mobs works fine). World is beautiful, music is great, questing is completely standard. I'm not overly excited by the combat classes, but they are not bad either.

Crafting is very interesting. But it needs some usability improvements here and there. Maybe I just didn't realize that these things are already possible, in which case I would be grateful if someone can highlight them to me.

• Crafting materials need their own bag, or at least the ability to sort automatically into various bags. I had a hard time differentiating the gears I just crafted from the mats.
    • Buying supplies needs a buy all option, so I can just specify all the quantities I want and click once instead of having to confirm after each item (which is made more irritating than it needs to be because I can't seem to do it by pressing Enter key).
    • After exceeding a certain level, they should allow a mass-production option for simpler recipes, perhaps with no chance of failure but also no chance of HQ or bonus exp. I don't want to spend all that time crafting the simplest material one by one just because a higher level recipe needs them.
    So far, I get to level 11 solely by clearing the recipes exactly once each (except for the material processing ones). Can you max the crafting professions simply by spending time and money in a workshop, or is that only for the lower levels?

The gathering classes are my biggest gripes. You can only start to get them after leveling the main class to 10, which means you have to spend the time backtracking to earlier areas after getting the class. The exp you get from each tree is pathetic, and finding trees to log is not fun either. You can switch easily between the gathering and combat class, but all your abilities are on extended cooldowns after a change, making gathering as you explore a major pain as well. I gave up after level 5. How are you guys leveling the gathering classes? Are you supposed to funnel your quest exp to these classes or something?

Edit: hm...cannot post japanese characters here? Anyway, google translate of the message is "We were unable to verify the identity of the environment and authentication. Excuse me, but please try the login again."

Originally posted by Betaguy

I have called them toons for over 10 years, What is this "we don't call them toons"  business?

Because they are CHARACTERS or CHARS if you have to abbreviate, not cartoons in WoW.  Some people will ream your ass for saying toon... of course you can then just troll them by continuing to say it as many do, lol.

In my opinion toon just sounds insulting, like the avatar on Wii/Xbox you spent only 15 seconds creating to play bowling.  I don't remember anyone ever calling their RPG characters toons before WoW, you kinda revered them because RPG players generally put so much work into them to make them a "unique" character.

Originally posted by ananda

I played archer to 15, and also leather worker to 11 and botanist to 5. I cannot access the beta forum, after logging in the page would remain white for 1-2 minutes then I get these Japanase message: ??????????????????????????????????????????????. Clicking anything else will just prompt me to login again. Is this a known bug?

Not that I've seen, the forums were having problems after phase 3 opened though, and the invites went out so you might just try again.  They were swamped and really slow for a while, then they instituted new rules (hopefully temporary) like one post per 15 minutes, 750 words per post max, and 20 posts a day max.

If you log into the game/SE account management page fine then you should be able to log into beta forums as it is the same system.  Might want to contact support (I assume you can't post on lodestone forums?).

• anandaananda Member UncommonPosts: 45

Originally posted by ananda I played archer to 15, and also leather worker to 11 and botanist to 5. I cannot access the beta forum, after logging in the page would remain white for 1-2 minutes then I get these Japanase message: ??????????????????????????????????????????????. Clicking anything else will just prompt me to login again. Is this a known bug?
    Not that I've seen, the forums were having problems after phase 3 opened though, and the invites went out so you might just try again.  They were swamped and really slow for a while, then they instituted new rules (hopefully temporary) like one post per 15 minutes, 750 words per post max, and 20 posts a day max.   If you log into the game/SE account management page fine then you should be able to log into beta forums as it is the same system.  Might want to contact support (I assume you can't post on lodestone forums?).
    Didn't know about lodestone. I googled it and tried to log in, and at least got a more descriptive error message:

Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present.
    Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system.

So I suppose it is just a case of the system being slow in transferring the character data? I guess I'll try again next week first before bugging support.

Originally posted by ananda

Originally posted by ananda I played archer to 15, and also leather worker to 11 and botanist to 5. I cannot access the beta forum, after logging in the page would remain white for 1-2 minutes then I get these Japanase message: ??????????????????????????????????????????????. Clicking anything else will just prompt me to login again. Is this a known bug?
    Not that I've seen, the forums were having problems after phase 3 opened though, and the invites went out so you might just try again.  They were swamped and really slow for a while, then they instituted new rules (hopefully temporary) like one post per 15 minutes, 750 words per post max, and 20 posts a day max.   If you log into the game/SE account management page fine then you should be able to log into beta forums as it is the same system.  Might want to contact support (I assume you can't post on lodestone forums?).
    Didn't know about lodestone. I googled it and tried to log in, and at least got a more descriptive error message:

Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present.
    Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system.

So I suppose it is just a case of the system being slow in transferring the character data? I guess I'll try again next week first before bugging support.

No lots of people can't use the lodestone if they didn't play 1.x towards the end, but that shouldn't affect your beta.  That message is different.  I was just thinking you could post there and get help easier.  I'd contact support.  I'm sure you googled your question but some solutions I found were:

I know what's the problem. Don't use Square ID as your email. Just your account name.

http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29872183/FFXIV_BETA_CODE_REGISTRATION_ERROR

Also could try here

EU > http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5383&la=2

NA >http://support.na.square-enix.com/ma...56gcn2k732vnl2

Let me know if you get it fixed/what worked.