Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What platform will you be playing on?

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
Pretty straight forward!

Comments

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000
    I plan on picking up a PS4 but have no desire to play a mmo on console.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    PS4 of course

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Xbox One ofcourse.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    PC, I might at some point in the future get a PS4, depending on exclusive titles. There isnt a situation regardless of exclusives that could possibly persuade me to buy an Xbox1 though, its a no brainer tbh.image
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Will someone who prefers a console over PC please explain to me why? I plugged an Xbox controller into my PC just to see how I would feel and I had so much trouble aiming with my spells. As soon as I went to keyboard and mouse, my accuracy improved 10x. Is it just me who sucks at aiming with a controller? Lol

There Is Always Hope!

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

I need a PC in any case, and it is perfectly suited for computer games too thank you very much.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Who seriously play an MMO on a console ?
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    On a stable desk on the ground.Playing it on a Platform sounds dangerous and potentially expensive.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i voted undecided but if i decide to play the game it will depends on the controls. If it doesnt offer native gamepad support on PC i might play on PS4. Not every mmo plays well with Xpadder and i dont play reticule mmos with mouse.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Who seriously play an MMO on a console ?

Those that pick up an MMO designed for console such as TESO of course. I'll be playing on the PS4 myself. TESO was designed simplistically enough that it could run easy on a console and now we know why, it apparently was designed for consoles from the beginning. I was going to pass because it really wasn't worth putting on my PC but with the console announcement a lot made sense and I decided to pick it up. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    If....and that IF gets bigger with every news crumlet Zinimax condesends to throw my way........... it would on be on a PC.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Not sure i can do Sub model for a game like this though

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Most certainly PC. I am not buying a xbox one or a PS4, not worth the money to me.
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by keithian
    Will someone who prefers a console over PC please explain to me why? I plugged an Xbox controller into my PC just to see how I would feel and I had so much trouble aiming with my spells. As soon as I went to keyboard and mouse, my accuracy improved 10x. Is it just me who sucks at aiming with a controller? Lol

No, this is most certainly the case. Those who use controllers often will say they are better at aiming. However, that is simply untrue and is really only a factor because the controller user doesn't know how to use a mouse properly. Those who know how to use both, will always tell you a mouse is more accurate, simply because it is. Not everyone is good at using a mouse though. These people tend to be the major console gamers since good gaming computers in the past costed so much more.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Definitely PC. I use my TV to watch sports or whatever often while I'm playing MMOs.

I do have a PS3 connected to it but that's mostly for Netflix, Bluray movies, streaming from my computer and my sports games (NHL, FIFA, etc.)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Definitely PC. I use my TV to watch sports or whatever often while I'm playing MMOs.

I do have a PS3 connected to it but that's mostly for Netflix, Bluray movies, streaming from my computer and my sports games (NHL, FIFA, etc.)

Thats exactly my set up lol, though I just bought an Apple TV so now I doubt I will use the PS3 at all.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by Brabbit1987
    Originally posted by keithian

No, this is most certainly the case. Those who use controllers often will say they are better at aiming. However, that is simply untrue and is really only a factor because the controller user doesn't know how to use a mouse properly. Those who know how to use both, will always tell you a mouse is more accurate, simply because it is. Not everyone is good at using a mouse though. These people tend to be the major console gamers since good gaming computers in the past costed so much more.

Good, I feel better now lol. I do want to start using my computer on the 70" big screen, so I just need to purchase one of the computer rest stands someone recommended. I guess the only reason I will get a PS4 is if there is an exclusive game I must try.

There Is Always Hope!

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I wont be buying it on release, since I heard the news that it will be across multiple platforms.

If the reviews are good and there's lots of people playing, then I will, on the PC

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    I like the overwhelming results so far. :D
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST
    I like the overwhelming results so far. :D

I wouldn't be happy about the results if I were you lol. Many picking it up on the PC are going to be severely disappointed. Having played the game on PC it would be an instant pass for me if PC was the only option and I'm a pretty devoted PC gamer. On console a lot of the things I have issue with no longer really matter. I can't go into detail for obvious reasons though :( 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by karat76
    I plan on picking up a PS4 but have no desire to play a mmo on console.

Same here.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• gxgunnygxgunny Member Posts: 64
    I will be playing this on the PS4.  I would vote PC, but I eventually want stop buying games unless they are made for Mac as well.  If they have a Mac client, I may purchase play this on PC.  I want Microsoft to go down in flames, esp being what they are doing with Xbox one, Windows 8,etc.  Continuing to purchase Windows only games only keeps them alive longer.  
  • deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193

This poll means absolutely nothing as 99,9999% of people on this website are PC gamers, of course the poll is going to be in majority for PC lol...

Most people do not realize you can plug mouse+kb on the PS4 so...personally, I will be playing it on PS4 with controller AND mouse/keyboard USB for chat and if aiming tends to require a lot of precision, which I am pretty sure it doesn't, a dev said that the arrows actually bend mid air to follow your target if you were aiming at it when you fired... Also, the game was obviously build for consoles with simplistic UI and limited spells, etc.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

I hate it that there is no cross platform playing.

I don't think computer #2 will run it.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• martinorulesmartinorules Member Posts: 10
    I am leaning towards xbox one. It will be great to chat over xbox live with friends while playing instead of having to type or use a chat service on the pc. Still a chance I might end up playing it on PC though.