Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift now pay to win

Comments

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by freakprince1
    Originally posted by Aroukos

RIFT is one of the best mmo's in the market and still lets you play the full content for free. Both original and expansion.

enter as many dungeons/raids/bg's/events etc you want.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

loot and wear every item in game.

obtain every mount in game.

full use of AH, banks, guild banks etc.

full access to chat channels.

full access to game forums.

make tickets and speak to GM's.

full use of live chat support.

etc etc etc

so don't you think whining about selling NORMAL dungeon quality items in cash shop, is a bit of OVER REACTING?

You dont get full access to Ah banks and guild banks you deluded sheepbrained fanboy u get many restrictions on those based on the loyalty u have and besides that the games has absolutely HORRIBLE community, has to be up there with LoL...u litelary dont see any serious guilds or parties even tho the servers are "full" and all you see on the chat windows are: "you mad bro?" "do u even lift fgt?" you have to be sick in the brain to spend time on a game with such idiotic community, even if its a quite decent product

loyalty rewards are not restrictions, are additions. loyalty items or whatever else, are extra both to free and owners of the game.

i guess you are playing an mmo with a great community, not like the idiots in RIFT. can you pls share it with us to join too?

and btw troll, you made a new account to speak like this? why not with your real one?

• freakprince1freakprince1 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I never bothered makin an account to talk on the forums because i knew theres no point in it. You can never prove a point to gamers especially mainstream ones because they are dumb as hell and i would just be wasting time, but seeing your comment just made me wanna respond in a harsh way and so i did.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

RIFT is one of the best mmo's in the market and still lets you play the full content for free. Both original and expansion.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

so don't you think whining about selling NORMAL dungeon quality items in cash shop, is a bit of OVER REACTING?

You dont get full access to Ah banks and guild banks you deluded sheepbrained fanboy u get many restrictions on those based on the loyalty u have and besides that the games has absolutely HORRIBLE community, has to be up there with LoL...u litelary dont see any serious guilds or parties even tho the servers are "full" and all you see on the chat windows are: "you mad bro?" "do u even lift fgt?" you have to be sick in the brain to spend time on a game with such idiotic community, even if its a quite decent product

Um they dropped the restrictions on this stuff a day or 2 ago............................. and he is a sheepbrained fanboy, when you have no clue about what you speak of?  Seriously?

And new servers are live also, to help with lag and server population as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED for Clarity:
    * All players with registered email addresses can now purchase items from the Auction House. Guest accounts are still restricted from purchasing items.
    * Until players claim their Account Functionality Extension scroll, which is granted at 1500 Loyalty, they will not be able to post items on the Auction House. Claiming the Account Functionality Extension also results in a raised coin cap.

* All player accounts with registered email addresses no longer have their chat restricted. Guest players still have some restrictions to help combat farmers and spammers.
    * The Barbershop has been re-enabled, bringing with them the ability to change your Race and/or Faction.

Originally posted by Onomas

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

Um they dropped the restrictions on this stuff a day or 2 ago............................. and he is a sheepbrained fanboy, when you have no clue about what you speak of?  Seriously?

What i said is based on personal experiance on the game so, yes i know what the fuck im talking about. Do you deny this game having horrible community that barely works as a whole? People are harrasing to the point of disgust newbies and its all flamewars on the chat, barely anyone on the lower levels doing rifts or dungeons or raids or pvp or any kind of events for that matter. Everyone is playin solo. Im sure if they keep this behavior the game will be empty soon enough.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

What i said is based on personal experiance on the game so, yes i know what the fuck im talking about. Do you deny this game having horrible community that barely works as a whole? People are harrasing to the point of disgust newbies and its all flamewars on the chat, barely anyone on the lower levels doing rifts or dungeons or raids or pvp or any kind of events for that matter. Everyone is playin solo. Im sure if they keep this behavior the game will be empty soon enough.

I can see that. And your bad attitude, name calling and cursing, you must be part of the "good community"?

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

There are lots of people even before the f2p change doing the lower level events and rifts.  Not sure what game you are playing but it was not Rift.  And you never answered the question of what MMO has such an amazing community.  Most of them are crap,    

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

I can see that. And your bad attitude, name calling and cursing, you must be part of the "good community"?

Get your facts straight, theres a difference between countering someones verbal attack like i did with you and someone constantly bashing random people for no reason

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

Get your facts straight, theres a difference between countering someones verbal attack like i did with you and someone constantly bashing random people for no reason

But I didn't verbally attack you, I spoke no ill words torward you. And the guy above you that you quoted made no ill comments directed at you. Yet you call him a sheepbrained fanboy and curse to both.  I think you do not know the difference. And so what if someone curses at you, that gives you the free reign to go at them back? That's what a good community is like today?

Its kind of hard to point fingers at others, when you are in fault of the exact same thing!

Your very first post here is a verbal assault on a member of this community, your second post is dropping the F bomb. And you are one to speak about bad community? Ive been a member of this community since 06 (new account due to losing information), and have yet to drop the language you have already. You are prime example of why I hate F2P games.

• motoratonmotoraton Member UncommonPosts: 42
    rift pay to win.....? omg....... go play silkroad online or atlantica online....... or jade dynasty online thats pay to win lol 
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,830
    @ OP- I get it, you really love the game and the time to put into it. It feels like a slap in the face. But this is the sad reality of trying to make revenue to host all those servers and pay employees with the F2P model. You have to sell something to make money. At least its not top tier items. But I get where you are coming from. I personally feel crafting gets killed by the F2P model in MMORPG's. 
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

There are gazillion ways of making money that don't affect the game balance at all.

Yet Trion took the easiest path, disappointed.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

But I didn't verbally attack you, I spoke no ill words torward you. And the guy above you that you quoted made no ill comments directed at you. Yet you call him a sheepbrained fanboy and curse to both.  I think you do not know the difference. And so what if someone curses at you, that gives you the free reign to go at them back? That's what a good community is like today?

Its kind of hard to point fingers at others, when you are in fault of the exact same thing!

Your very first post here is a verbal assault on a member of this community, your second post is dropping the F bomb. And you are one to speak about bad community? Ive been a member of this community since 06 (new account due to losing information), and have yet to drop the language you have already. You are prime example of why I hate F2P games.

well said

btw i guess a guy with almost 8000 wow  hours in xfire, like me, is a rift fan boy...

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

i guess he is. but i m curious though to find whats his mmo with this kind of ''good community''

• MalkosMalkos Member UncommonPosts: 19

#1 Rule of F2P Games: Never ever ever ever never ever never never NEVER Sell power. EVER.

It doesn't matter if it's not top tier. Just don't do it. It's a cheap way to start making money and if it works out well enough then what's stopping them from selling other gear sets for cash? I don't care about your "well if you don't like it, don't pay for it" mantra. People out there will buy it even if you won't, and despite what you may say about "oh, it's just entry level gear" it's still a BAD thing.

Here, Extra Credits does an amazing segment on microtransactions:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions

• BlizzardShillBlizzardShill Member UncommonPosts: 37

I've seen much worse f2p systems.

The only thing I don't understand is that since you can buy most plat items for credits too, how much is plat really worth to people who would spend money on the game?  I feel like the REX supply will dry up and so the prices will climb way above plat selling sites, which makes them a factor again (even if against TOS).

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

Verbal attack many times doesnt include direct insults, in your case you responded to my comment in a sarcasting way. I called him a sheep and a fanboy, i dont see how those are insults, if you think those are insults you know very little of the english language. Lastly, i dont not care to make a good impression on you folks or build a reputation for myself in any way or form. That is because i dont approve of the methods of this forum and of course, because i have very little value for your opinions and beliefs, and YOU sir are the reason i hate gamers in general

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Same old rhetoric. Every F2P game out there gets one of these P2W threads. Getting anything from a cash shop is apparently winning somehow. Its getting a bit old.

all races and classes.

full UI & options.

full use of LFD etc.

etc etc etc

Verbal attack many times doesnt include direct insults, in your case you responded to my comment in a sarcasting way. I called him a sheep and a fanboy, i dont see how those are insults, if you think those are insults you know very little of the english language. Lastly, i dont not care to make a good impression on you folks or build a reputation for myself in any way or form. That is because i dont approve of the methods of this forum and of course, because i have very little value for your opinions and beliefs, and YOU sir are the reason i hate gamers in general

man tbh, i dont care much either for rift or any other game. i play to have fun most of all. my priority are my kids. but you, i guess you must go to be checked by some expert. free friendly advice :)

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I'm playing the game right now and I have yet to see any indication that I will need to fork over money to see everything the game has to offer, even the time scale involved between pay and no pay is minor and of no concern. Just another thread bashing a game for no other reason besides someone thinks they need to get a thought out. 
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    I'm playing the game right now and I have yet to see any indication that I will need to fork over money to see everything the game has to offer, even the time scale involved between pay and no pay is minor and of no concern. Just another thread bashing a game for no other reason besides someone thinks they need to get a thought out. 

very true

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I wish there was a way to identify players who buy their gear so I can point at them and laugh at them.

"Hey Bob, I see you paid for your gear. Way to go man. You're pretty pro."

Right, because having an undemanding job, no social life and lots of free time makes you "pro".

Originally posted by enik3
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I wish there was a way to identify players who buy their gear so I can point at them and laugh at them.

"Hey Bob, I see you paid for your gear. Way to go man. You're pretty pro."

Right, because having an undemanding job, no social life and lots of free time makes you "pro".

i guess mmo community are full of them anymore

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    I am glad I play Rift only for the PVP FUN!~! Outside of that. Use my 60 to farm plat for my many alts! As to raiding. I will stick to EQ! Big waste of time to set up a raid then execute it. With my limited time would rather PVP Rift. Then raid EQ.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I dunno why my thread was locked about the game being pay 2 enjoy, but they have two different meanings.

1. Pay 2 Win is basically any game that if you spend money on you get such an unfair advantage that you can level up massively ahead of everyone else, or win the game in PVE & PVP that no one else can at all.

Based on what I have seen Rift allows players to buy armor and weapons, although from what I know you can obtain the weapons from dungeon runs and such yes it takes time but you have the same advantage  you can either spend money or run dungeons and obtain gear through in game.

I really don't mind if there are cash shop items sold that benefit PVE such as potions or subscription options that increase damage in PVE as long as it doesn't effect PVP and so on then I wouldn't care or consider that Pay 2 Win unless it was like one hit every high level monster no one else can at any level and such.

2. Pay 2 Enjoy, is basically a game where you have to spend extra money on cosmetic items if you enjoy the game like this for example Aion you have to constantly pay for  plastic surgery tickets just to change a hair color, and in rift you have to constantly pay 180 Green Gems, or Rift points every time you want to change a weapon skin, this is Pay 2 Enjoy they are two complete different meanings.

Anyways I will say it here though, while everyone has their own opinion about what is Pay 2 Win, and Pay 2 Enjoy I have quit rift at level 6, Yes I was a Beta player in Rift, yes I played Trial on release I was like this game is shitty, lack of customization armors look like crap bought the game for $5 on steam and just return when it went F2P. 

What happened is I spent $20 on Rift and lost my money pretty much because I purchased an armor cosmetic set, and a weapon skin then find out that I had to buy these  transmute stones to apply the skin to my weapon every time I want to change it the Tool-TIP descriptions were not in rift at the time, and so I complained on the forums a lot they added them but as a result I quit the game until they give me the function free.

The developer said to contact customer service for a refund, I put in a ticket about it still have got no response.

I don't want to play rift unless all key aspects and cosmetics are FREE and part of the game I will pay them for armor, and cosmetic unlocks but want to be able to freely customize and switch between them any time I please.

As far as I am concerned Trion/Rift can either do the following.

1. They can give me what I believed I was paying for.

2. They can remove the items on my account, and give me my money back I know $20 isn't a lot of money but I am going to make a big deal out of it simply because what they did was wrong, and I do not believe having to constantly pay money is right after being mislead by their cash shop things that should have been fixed with proper descriptions before going live but it was their mistake and until I get the money back I had to pay for it and now I can't even enjoy the game at all.

3. For those saying I didn't buy the game, I played Rift since BETA, I hated Rift on release I played Trial, Rift armor looks like crap for that type of game they needed better graphics design artists for the most part my opinion of course so I bought the game for $5 on steam didn't activate it until a week before it went F2P.

People on the forums and here keep talking about developers need to make money to create and keep the game up its true, but if you are paying more than $20 a month in a F2P MMO and have to spend more than $20 every month to enjoy it then there is something absolutely wrong here, in other words the game company in my opinion is telling you to pay for all the leechers and free players who don't spend a dime and not giving you your money worth either.

Because of the Pay 2 Enjoy aspect I have given RIFT a thumbs down, its not worth playing in my opinion, meanwhile I have recently just played BETA of Final Fantasy XIV, and the game has improved a lot to be like Final Fantasy XI But better so I give that game a thumbs up.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I dunno why my thread was locked about the game being pay 2 enjoy, but they have two different meanings.

1. Pay 2 Win is basically any game that if you spend money on you get such an unfair advantage that you can level up massively ahead of everyone else, or win the game in PVE & PVP that no one else can at all.

Based on what I have seen Rift allows players to buy armor and weapons, although from what I know you can obtain the weapons from dungeon runs and such yes it takes time but you have the same advantage  you can either spend money or run dungeons and obtain gear through in game.

I really don't mind if there are cash shop items sold that benefit PVE such as potions or subscription options that increase damage in PVE as long as it doesn't effect PVP and so on then I wouldn't care or consider that Pay 2 Win unless it was like one hit every high level monster no one else can at any level and such.

2. Pay 2 Enjoy, is basically a game where you have to spend extra money on cosmetic items if you enjoy the game like this for example Aion you have to constantly pay for  plastic surgery tickets just to change a hair color, and in rift you have to constantly pay 180 Green Gems, or Rift points every time you want to change a weapon skin, this is Pay 2 Enjoy they are two complete different meanings.

Anyways I will say it here though, while everyone has their own opinion about what is Pay 2 Win, and Pay 2 Enjoy I have quit rift at level 6, Yes I was a Beta player in Rift, yes I played Trial on release I was like this game is shitty, lack of customization armors look like crap bought the game for $5 on steam and just return when it went F2P. 

What happened is I spent $20 on Rift and lost my money pretty much because I purchased an armor cosmetic set, and a weapon skin then find out that I had to buy these  transmute stones to apply the skin to my weapon every time I want to change it the Tool-TIP descriptions were not in rift at the time, and so I complained on the forums a lot they added them but as a result I quit the game until they give me the function free.

The developer said to contact customer service for a refund, I put in a ticket about it still have got no response.

I don't want to play rift unless all key aspects and cosmetics are FREE and part of the game I will pay them for armor, and cosmetic unlocks but want to be able to freely customize and switch between them any time I please.

As far as I am concerned Trion/Rift can either do the following.

1. They can give me what I believed I was paying for.

2. They can remove the items on my account, and give me my money back I know $20 isn't a lot of money but I am going to make a big deal out of it simply because what they did was wrong, and I do not believe having to constantly pay money is right after being mislead by their cash shop things that should have been fixed with proper descriptions before going live but it was their mistake and until I get the money back I had to pay for it and now I can't even enjoy the game at all.

3. For those saying I didn't buy the game, I played Rift since BETA, I hated Rift on release I played Trial, Rift armor looks like crap for that type of game they needed better graphics design artists for the most part my opinion of course so I bought the game for $5 on steam didn't activate it until a week before it went F2P.

People on the forums and here keep talking about developers need to make money to create and keep the game up its true, but if you are paying more than $20 a month in a F2P MMO and have to spend more than $20 every month to enjoy it then there is something absolutely wrong here, in other words the game company in my opinion is telling you to pay for all the leechers and free players who don't spend a dime and not giving you your money worth either.

Because of the Pay 2 Enjoy aspect I have given RIFT a thumbs down, its not worth playing in my opinion, meanwhile I have recently just played BETA of Final Fantasy XIV, and the game has improved a lot to be like Final Fantasy XI But better so I give that game a thumbs up.

Let it all out Bro!!!

I am sure your opinion is going to sway a few teenagers here and there. Sounds like you found a new home with a different game. I personally am a strong believer in trashing my previous game so it makes a new one look good!

Its all good though! With your vast amount of experience with Rift you surely are entitled to the smackdown of the game you do not like. Kinda reminds me of my complaints of that HOT ex-girlfriend I dated a few times. This emotional opinion stuff about a game just makes me want to cry!!!!!