Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: E3 2013 - Press Gameplay Demo

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Feast your eyes on the first ever footage and build of the localized English client for ArcheAge Online courtesy of XLGAMES and Trion Worlds. Guided by Trion's own Victoria Voss.

Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

Looks pretty cool!  The ships and housing remind me of playing DarkFall.  The ship-launch animation was very nice. I had hoped to see some combat.  More mmo's should emphasize guilds and team play like this.  Player caravans!  Pirate status!

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Looks good but tab target combat :(

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85

Quit complaining people damn...

Ty for posting this, nice job!   Looks EPIC!

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62

Seriously why you complain on Tab targetting when it has been proved that it works effectively if work well enough, or you want a tera-network "#$" capabilities where you get like 70 instanced zones??

I am all up for the Tab targetting if its work correctly, and for what i saw on the Korean beta it does work very well, in fact the main combat is not on the targetting but in combinations and knowing your class.

Moreover this game has the best GvG/Open PVP i've seen yet, im sure it will be surpased at some point but this is all i was waiting for, not the DarkFail BS or the instanced PVP.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    First impressions...what the hell is up with the commentators voice. Can't work out if it is a woman or a 13 year old boy who's voice is on the verge of breaking.
  • faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Paladrink

Seriously why you complain on Tab targetting when it has been proved that it works effectively if work well enough, or you want a tera-network "#$" capabilities where you get like 70 instanced zones??

I am all up for the Tab targetting if its work correctly, and for what i saw on the Korean beta it does work very well, in fact the main combat is not on the targetting but in combinations and knowing your class.

Moreover this game has the best GvG/Open PVP i've seen yet, im sure it will be surpased at some point but this is all i was waiting for, not the DarkFail BS or the instanced PVP.

I'm not sure why people are expecting this sudden, magical shift to action combat. If it's not some over expectation of graphics it's this expecting action combat from a game that already took several years to make. People are spoiled.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    First impressions...what the hell is up with the commentators voice. Can't work out if it is a woman or a 13 year old boy who's voice is on the verge of breaking.

Very annoying voice. For someone doing such a long voiceover job, I would have expected some thought be put into who was doing the talking, specifically making sure people didnt skip or mute it just because that persons voice is completely unsuited for the job.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Nilenya

Very annoying voice. For someone doing such a long voiceover job, I would have expected some thought be put into who was doing the talking, specifically making sure people didnt skip or mute it just because that persons voice is completely unsuited for the job.

Typical Asian game all fluff, this is the kind of game that girls will like with all the fluffy looking content, but this is not for me. I am unable to enjoy looking at fluff. Call me old school but this sucks. Seems they trying to make the game play fun and the fluff detracts from this for me. Still there is time for them to change some of the visual side of the game for it to look more like we used to in western terms of gaming experience.

As for the voice was a female but I hear what you saying was very squeaky indeed, but that's not the ladies fault it's her accent which made it sound worse and I commented to my mates on team speak about the voice funny enough.

Bandit

Asbo

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Originally posted by Nilenya

Typical Asian game all fluff, this is the kind of game that girls will like with all the fluffy looking content, but this is not for me. I am unable to enjoy looking at fluff. Call me old school but this sucks. Seems they trying to make the game play fun and the fluff detracts from this for me. Still there is time for them to change some of the visual side of the game for it to look more like we used to in western terms of gaming experience.

As for the voice was a female but I hear what you saying was very squeaky indeed, but that's not the ladies fault it's her accent which made it sound worse and I commented to my mates on team speak about the voice funny enough.

Bandit

Not tying to be rude toward you but there are plenty of adult guys who don't take themselves seriously that wouldn't care how "flfuffy" this game looks. Look at Tera, etc. Trion is already wanting westernized faces but what else could they change in the game without making look ass ugly and out of place? There are mounts that don't look cutesty, a race based on the European look and other options, the game isn't forcing you to subject to fluff.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

As an over 40 , dad of two half Asian kids  , ( see my wife is from Laos , I'm into that stupid "Asian" stuff ) , this is one "old" , Germanic male who has AA as his most wanted mmo on the horizon. ( EQNext likely also).

Just wanted to point out that there are plenty of "old" guys who like this style and the typical Asian fluff that girls will like remarks I see around here are not indicative of how everyone feels.

People bitching about the game because of its horrific Asian influence are as bright as someone going to a Mexican restaurant and bitching because they don't like Mexican food..

It's no secret the origins of the game so why even watch and bitch about it since its obviously not something you will like to begin with.

For me I don't want a western AA , I like the art direction and theme as is. 

I don't like western ( Wild West style ) movies. It'd be stupid for me to critique some Western movie as too much brown and Wild West themes. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm not saying the game should have to be a stress on the typical fat bastard mmorpg players hand eye coordination (joking) but for the love of everything that is fun, pressing tab 1,2,3 would be a little bit more tolerable with some positioning and movement. Especially since there are OWPVP elements strewn about.

The big battles I've seen in Archeage remind me of the terrible invisible floating name wars in The Abyss for Aion.

From what I've seen Archeage seems like a great game besides that, but the battle system is a turn off for me personally.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BreakNFacesBreakNFaces Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I have done a lot of research on this game and though I believe many will be somewhat disappointed in the combat mechanics compared to games like Neverwinter and Tera Online, I still think a large volume of players will be drawn to this MMO merely for the trade and crafting system 

• SytheeverbladeSytheeverblade Member UncommonPosts: 13

This looks to be a very exciting game that will force people to band together to achieve superiority.

The bidding on being able to seige a castle reminds me very much of Voyage Century Online which I played for many years before the populations of servers died, and only time will tell what changes they will make to try suiting a western audience.

• OldbugssOldbugss Member UncommonPosts: 22

I loved it without the audio. Are you serious with this person of choice to represent Archeage here?

Beyond the occasional fake brit accent with "fast travel" and "plants" and blowing it everywhere else a brit would have an accent, she can answer nearly none of the questions that were basic and good questions.

I am excited to see what this game will become here, just expecting a little better representation.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    okay, okay.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411
    This game looks amazing, but damn.. i couldn't watch beyond 5 minutes, that voice was grating at my spinal cord.. seriously. As a Gaming Journalist Myself ~ I think people need to understand where their skills should be applied. This individual can't honestly think he or she (Can't tell) was properly fitted for this.. frustrating, i wanted to watch more ArchAge looks amazing, but i can't with that voice..

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Ugg I'll try to watch it later when I'm not so hung over. That woman's voice is awful.

Joined - July 2004

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by ArcadianBorn
    I have done a lot of research on this game and though I believe many will be somewhat disappointed in the combat mechanics compared to games like Neverwinter and Tera Online, I still think a large volume of players will be drawn to this MMO merely for the trade and crafting system 

Lol, you really think others haven't done there research, many of us have no problem with TT plus AA has CD and you can't fire spells through objects which makes it more interesting.

Nope i think all of us following the game know what to expect.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by DMKano

I think its silly to not listen to somebody because of their voice, maybe we should all shut up and just let Morgan Freeman speak, as all other voices are unpleasant.

Well, assuming you can't get James Earl Jones, sure.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

So we have cars and submarines .....

Now we just need a few A-10 for backup!

RIP Orc Choppa

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight
    I'm not saying the game should have to be a stress on the typical fat bastard mmorpg players hand eye coordination (joking) but for the love of everything that is fun, pressing tab 1,2,3 would be a little bit more tolerable with some positioning and movement. Especially since there are OWPVP elements strewn about.

The big battles I've seen in Archeage remind me of the terrible invisible floating name wars in The Abyss for Aion.

From what I've seen Archeage seems like a great game besides that, but the battle system is a turn off for me personally.

You can still have position based attacks with tab targetting just as it can still be tactical. There are a lots of people that don't want to play a game where our armor wearing character is rolling and flopping around like it is having a seizure or something.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

wow, that was a snoozefest.

Nothing for me. Looks like any other asian mmo, been there, done that.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by DMKano

Victoria is at least enthused, not much she can do about the voice she was given, not all of us have amazing voices.

I think its silly to not listen to somebody because of their voice, maybe we should all shut up and just let Morgan Freeman speak, as all other voices are unpleasant.

I normally don't care, but her voice tears my brain apart.

Joined - July 2004

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by spawn12345

Looks like any other asian mmo, been there, done that.

Really? I need to start playing Asian MMO's then.

Eleanor Rigby.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Not at all a fan of the steampunkish design... it's like a game that doesn't know what era it wants to be set in... Black Gold suffers from the same affliction.

But, that aside... I didn't see anything in the game that really isn't in all the others.  I figure they will make a mint off of players wanting to keep their castles untouched by invaders... assuming players hang around in game that long.  Don't really see much pulling me in.  If it's F2P I'll try it... got nothing to lose.  If B2P or sub-based, certainly will pass.