Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame (sandbox mmo)? I have an offer for you then

ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

LFGame (sandbox mmo)? I have an offer for you then

Teamspeak meeting: Monday the 17th at 19.00 GMT.

Game starts: Tuesday the 18th at 17.30 GMT

I'm a leader in the FUtileZ gaming community and I'm starting a new project that I need at least 10-20 players for. We're going to discuss what game we want to play together and then join it and play it for 1 month. Then we will vote and decide by normal majority (50%) every 2 weeks if we want to keep playing that game or move on. 

It's all going to be pretty chill and you can also decide to stay in that game if you like it. But as a leader I will go whereever the majority decides and help create and motivate the group of players to get the best out of the game together :)

This message is not only directed at players without a clan who are looking for a game. I'm actually also very interested in working with other clans or groups of friends. I have some allies from others games who are also considering to join up with a few guys. So we will create an alliance with each other and respect the clan tags rather than trying to get everyone under one clan. So consider this offer. Maybe this is the bit of 'freshness' that your own clan or community would like in between games or whatever.

Best regards and hope to hear from you in a PM here or on our Teamspeak at:

TS3 address: ts3.futilez.com | Password: qqmore

Celiah Ailey / ZtyX

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Sounds like a great idea, depending on what game is chosen, I could very much be interested in this, a good group of dedicated players working as a team can often make even a mediocre sandbox a lot of fun. I don't have a mmo I'm playing atm anyway.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    Sounds like a great idea, depending on what game is chosen, I could very much be interested in this, a good group of dedicated players working as a team can often make even a mediocre sandbox a lot of fun. I don't have a mmo I'm playing atm anyway.

Well doesn't matter wich game is chosen. Just keep watching our forum and I'm sure something will pass along that you want to hop onto and see if it is your next mmo ;)

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

Hi Kazuhiro.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Well, we have 8 players at the moment and getting more. Can I count you in?

Originally posted by ZtyX

Hi Kazuhiro.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Well, we have 8 players at the moment and getting more. Can I count you in?

Well it really depends on what game is chosen, I've played so many of them to death that it may be hard to go back to those ones specifically. And there are a handful of aspects in some games I simply can't tolerate.

But assuming that it doesn't fall under either problem, then yes. Wish I could outright say yes, but if I do, then you may all go to the new hello kitty online sandbox that I knew nothing of, or some FTP asian grinder with lolis and pedophiles carrying 500lb swords effortlessly and I'd have to slowly back away from my intentions to join.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

Haha ha haaha ;D

Alright, well - in that case you don't have to worry. I would never play such games. 

Here's what we'll do. I'll sign you up on the list and I'll announce here as soon as we have 20 players who are generally interested in the project. We'll set up a meeting in Teamspeak and announce it 24 hours in advance here and on my website. At the meeting we'll discuss potential games and narrow it down to two options. Then we'll have a vote (leader 4x, officer 2x, player 1x influence) and then it's up to every player to decide if he wants to play the game we choose or sit out for a month and wait for the next.

If that suits you (and everyone else who's reading this), then go ahead and sign up on futilez.com in the meantime. You don't have to write an application yet (except if you want to join our gaming community now). You can be there as guests and use the chatbox for quick communication or the topic I've posted there.

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135

Have you tried Salem ?

Gtz

We are all satoshi!
    Originally posted by alloin

Have you tried Salem ?

Gtz

Hi Alloin.

Yes, I have and I liked it very much. I think it could work very well to play Salem for a while. It's one of the candidates and I'll remember to bring it up at the Teamspeak meeting when we decide what game we'll play. Another candidate is Wurm Online which I know my friend Empa will suggest.

Are you interested as well, Alloin?

• alloinalloin Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by alloin

Have you tried Salem ?

Gtz

Hi Alloin.

Yes, I have and I liked it very much. I think it could work very well to play Salem for a while. It's one of the candidates and I'll remember to bring it up at the Teamspeak meeting when we decide what game we'll play. Another candidate is Wurm Online which I know my friend Empa will suggest.

Are you interested as well, Alloin?

I'm currently playing Salem on the server Roanoke, been playing the game for over a year already.

We are currently playing 'lawkeepers' as dominating faction and keep the server clear from criminals & griefers.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you decide to play Salem though, we might team up or form an alliance :-)

We are all satoshi!
  • Binks987Binks987 Member Posts: 6
    I very much hope you guys choose Salem :D

That's a good offer, Alloin. We could use some material help (trades), information and even protection if we start to play Salem. It's not decided yet, but your offer speaks in favour of choosing Salem. You should come to the meeting and maybe speak in favour of why we should play Salem and give us some tips. Maybe start considering where it would be good for us to settle. It's part of the fun, but maybe you know of a great place.

To Binks:

Hi. Are you with Alloin or just happened to pass by this topic? And do you currently play Salem?

To Grunty:

I think it should be easy to dig up some controversial 'dirt' from the past about me. I've played mmos for over 10 years, I like to lead people and I always have my own opinion about things. Though, I'm a little disappointed that you didn't find more about me from my time in Darkfall. It's been 5 years since I played Dark and Light.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Well, I am aware that you thought you could create a guild that would monopolize the mining trade in DarkFall
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Well, I am aware that you thought you could create a guild that would monopolize the mining trade in DarkFall

You mean you think you are aware of it. There was no attempt to monopolize anything and that's not what I was trying to do. I just tried to play a sandbox and try to create a unique clan with a corporate model/structure looking to specialize in resource gathering because I liked mining and economy in Runescape and because I was part of the Duchy of Wessex medieval/feudal clan structure where this type of enterprise was somewhat encouraged. Unfortunately, things didn't work out well between The Duchy of Wessex church and my futuristic business with titles such as CEO and resource gathering wasn't as interesting as PvP and PvE in Darkfall, so we moved on to create a different type of clan which was more focused on fighting than economy. But that was in spring 2009. A lot has happened since then.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Count me in IF you start playing Salem (or any other game that would run on my ultracrappy computer) and dont bother me being from Europe. I think the location difference shouldnt be that much of a problem since I have weird playing schedules anyway ;)

I played it for a few days already but somehow felt so isolated due to the lack of players, which is a thing I totally can't stand in MMORPGs.

Excellent Torgen!

I'll sign you up for the list then. Do go to Futilez.com and register, though.

Yeah, I know how you feel about the computer part. My own computer isn't so bad, but I'm getting low FPS in sieges in Darkfall: Unholy Wars, so I'm excited about playing something that will run fluently. I really dislike the trend in games that always try to push for better and prettier graphics and thereby demanding more powerful computers or force players to play with decreased performance on older PCs. I play games for the gameplay mechanics and features.

Haha ha haaha ;D

Alright, well - in that case you don't have to worry. I would never play such games. 

Here's what we'll do. I'll sign you up on the list and I'll announce here as soon as we have 20 players who are generally interested in the project. We'll set up a meeting in Teamspeak and announce it 24 hours in advance here and on my website. At the meeting we'll discuss potential games and narrow it down to two options. Then we'll have a vote (leader 4x, officer 2x, player 1x influence) and then it's up to every player to decide if he wants to play the game we choose or sit out for a month and wait for the next.

If that suits you (and everyone else who's reading this), then go ahead and sign up on futilez.com in the meantime. You don't have to write an application yet (except if you want to join our gaming community now). You can be there as guests and use the chatbox for quick communication or the topic I've posted there.

Sounds good. I'll also check back here and on your website once or twice a day to check for updates. Also I could do with Salem, I played it for a month or so way back in alpha, issue at the time was noone teamed up except the murder squads. Only problem I had with the game is that the client got modded/hacked to hell and back with the game being java. The modded clients were a downright 200% improvement over the horrible default client in every way, but the hacks were becomming common place then, not sure if it's changed, but being java-based, it's unlikely to be fixable.

• Binks987Binks987 Member Posts: 6

To Binks:

Hi. Are you with Alloin or just happened to pass by this topic? And do you currently play Salem?

I do play with Alloin.  He showed me the thread that you were interested :D

Teamspeak meeting: Monday the 18th at 19.00 GMT.

Game starts: Tuesday the 19th at 17.30 GMT

TS3 address: ts3.futilez.com

Password: qqmore

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252

just found this thread and would be interested if the server in what ever game you pick suits me being in AUS.

Does it need to be a PVP based game ? I would suggest Vanguard Saga of heros.

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Well post about it on our forum so our members can read up on that game and maybe we take one of those into account when chosing a game.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Monday is the 17th =D

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Celiah Ailey. Best mount hero since 'nam

• heiby8heiby8 Member Posts: 1

This does sound interesting.

Is it still possible to join for the meeting?

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Monday is the 17th =D

I just noticed that myself a minute ago and came here to ask which the OP means,

Monday the "17th"?

Or "Tuesday" the 18th?